Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: The OFFICIAL Vikings vs. Bills Postgame thread

Good win vs a shitty opponent. Bills defense to-date has been awful, and, they were today too. However, their offense has been quite good, at least their passing game...for the most part, recently. Not today. Impressed by the defense, flying around, showing effort, making plays. Madieu is still a liability, but, we shut them down pretty well all day.

Much will be written and many arguments have already commenced regarding TJack. TJ showed some flashes, both good and bad. It's like my friend Rich Gannon has told me, the kid just has terrible mechanics. Do half of the passes (ok, I'm guilty, embellishment here) need to be thrown falling back or jumping??? I really want to like the kid, always have...nothing today convinced me he is anything more than a career backup; which, I don't think he's a bad, off the bench option.

Adrian Peterson is a beast.

Chad Greenway should be a pro-bowler.

Degeare looks promising.

Happy the Vikes won the game, and am encouraged by how the Team is responding to Frazier. Let's see how we perform against the Giants, surely a much more difficult task than the Bills.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Tad7" #1081479
    It's all moot

JuddZulgad: Doctors told Frazier that Favre couldn't return but said no QB controversy. Favre will start next week if healthy.
    http://twitter.com/JuddZulgad/status/11530750956408832
    lol...I'm amazed

The Vikings looked good and apparently Frazier doesn't like that idea. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Did you honestly think Favre wouldn't be allowed to play next Sunday?

We could have won 45-7 with Jackson throwing 4 TD's & 0 picks & Frazier/Wilf would still start Favre next Sunday as long as he's able.

Why do you think we still played him after being 0-3?, 3-7?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1081558
    Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1081557
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1081555
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1081478
    IMO DeGeare played at a higher level than Hutch. Cook might be better than Herrera. Yes Marrdro I said it.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cook replaced Hutch & DeGeare replaced Hererra.
    Youre wrong.. Chris played RG

Pay attention much?
    This be true.

But we missed Hutch so bad Singer....

Didn't even know where Chris was on the field

Chris had a damnnnnnnnnnnn good game

dfosterf is offline Coach

It is hard to discern who won this game based on your posts in this thread.

Really, go back and look.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Lots of emotion here today. Couple of you guys seem a bit snarly.

We can feel FAIRLY good about this game.

We got to do a lot of fun offense against a bad team.

EVERYTHING about this game must be viewed through the lens that we (for the most part) played good hard fundamental football against a poor team that seemed unmotivated and sluggish today.

We made fewer mistakes.

Rice showed his old skills--that's HUGE. He was still a question mark at the beginning of this game.

Peterson turned up healthier than we thought....that's good and he sat some and thus got some rest while still getting his 100 yards rushing. He ENDED the game healthy. EXCELLENT!

Don't break out the champagne until after the Giants. I think if we can give the Giants a tough game, win or not, we can feel VERY good about that game.

The tipped int was half on TJ and half on Cam for tipping it.

TJ played well for a first game in a long time.....coming in unexpectedly is a bit of a shock for anybody and I would say that a lot of QBs could immediately throw an interception. No big deal. I disregard it.

That said, he's still the second-string QB based on Favre's experience if Favre is healthy for next week. Favre's injury is still a mystery.....although him keeping his helmet on meant he felt pretty good, I think.

The O-Line, after getting Favre knocked out of the game, continued their inconsistent and mediocre play as they have all season--they need to do better.

Jackson's mobility helped make the O-Line look better, but, bottom line, they still failed to give him GOOD protection.

Defense played well (let us remember, again.....against a poor team that was clearly NOT fired up).

So......it's fun to win, but euphoria is not warranted.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1081560
    It's all moot

JuddZulgad: Doctors told Frazier that Favre couldn't return but said no QB controversy. Favre will start next week if healthy.
    lol...I'm amazed

The Vikings looked good and apparently Frazier doesn't like that idea. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

We could have won 45-7 with Jackson throwing 4 TD's & 0 picks & Frazier/Wilf would still start Favre next Sunday as long as he's able.

You're right, I should've known better. There's more to the NFL than offensive success.

It's a business.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1081560
    It's all moot

lol...I'm amazed

Unfortunately, this is true. Favre is gonna be the starting QB for the rest of the season, as long as he's healthy enough to put on the pads. They've paid him too much, and there's been too much drama for him to sit on the bench.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1081563
    It is hard to discern who won this game based on your posts in this thread.

Really, go back and look.
    It will be such a relief next year when Childress, Farve and Jackson will all be somewhere other than in a Vikings uniform. I can hardly wait.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "MaxVike" #1081559
    Good win vs a shitty opponent. Bills defense to-date has been awful, and, they were today too. However, their offense has been quite good, at least their passing game...for the most part, recently. Not today. Impressed by the defense, flying around, showing effort, making plays. Madieu is still a liability, but, we shut them down pretty well all day.

Much will be written and many arguments have already commenced regarding TJack. TJ showed some flashes, both good and bad. It's like my friend Rich Gannon has told me, the kid just has terrible mechanics. Do half of the passes (ok, I'm guilty, embellishment here) need to be thrown falling back or jumping??? I really want to like the kid, always have...nothing today convinced me he is anything more than a career backup; which, I don't think he's a bad, off the bench option.

Adrian Peterson is a beast.

Chad Greenway should be a pro-bowler.

Degeare looks promising.

Happy the Vikes won the game, and am encouraged by how the Team is responding to Frazier. Let's see how we perform against the Giants, surely a much more difficult task than the Bills.
    The only thing you missed on Jackson's foot work was his short step throws, honestly after 5 years he really can still regress into some flaky tendencies with his footwork. Another (happened early) his dropback with pressure coming up the middle and he holds the ball high while dropping back (looks to be loading for a jump pass) had this same issue with the Giants 2 years ago and Eagles and the Bills D isn't quit there, I'm a bit interested in seeing Jackson against the Giants D next week.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1081481
    I knew this was gonna get ugly quick lol

Jackson as much as I want him to be great most likely won't be.. Theres very few in the league that are great and can lead a team to a bowl

He was average today.. Inconsistant.. Tried to force some things like the old slinger and payed on that

I don't know what the hell we have until he is a full time starter working with Percy, Sid, Shank and AP everyday

I expected a 160ish 1 TD 1 Pick game or so..
    Perhaps if he would have practiced with the 1st team the latter part of the week or had Hutch & Harvin in there, he could have been.

Coming in cold off the bench the way he did & coming right back & throwing the ball after the pick 6 said a lot. Despite the 3 picks, he just lead the Vikings to their best offensive showing this year.

He looked poised in the pocket & didn't get rattled after throwing the picks. Also, he didn't point fingers at the WR's after the picks or yell at Bevell on the sidelines.

He took plenty or risks today. Many haters here bitched about the fact that he never took risks. Now they are bitching when he does. I wonder if they were bitching or complaining about his accuracy when he threw the 46 yarder to Rice?

As much as they hate to admit it, TJ is not that "deer in headlights" QB they thought he was & don't want to admit that maybe he can be a QB post Childress.

Again, as with last weeks win, it's too early to say either way & we can't base the future off of 1 or 2 games.

If we did, we should have sent Favre packing when we were 0-3.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast