i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: The OFFICIAL Vikings vs. Bills Postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by "JFormo" #1081531
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1081524
    Quote Originally Posted by "JFormo" #1081520
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1081511
    Quote Originally Posted by "JFormo" #1081488
    Apparently you, because of my 'build'. WTF do you mean then by that statement? Because I'm not black? WTF man, stop running in circles and acting like you know where I would best play football based on my 'build'.. What ever the hell that means.
    I believe that you played HS football but your statement is illogical. As someone that played WR at the high school and College level, I can say that not every pass you get a hand on is catch-able. Cam didn't try to bat the ball down.....its a natural reaction to reach back on a terrible....terrible throw to try and get catch it. This is a play happening at full speed and it's just s split sec reaction done out of muscle memory. No WR things..." Humm i better not attempt to reach for this ball because i might tip it", its all instinct and split sec reaction times.
    I get what you are saying and understand that (the natural reaction bit), but that still doesn't mean it wasn't part Cam's fault for tipping it.
    Or maybe TJ just shouldn't throw a ball that was so bad no receiver has a shot at catching it.

That's like shooting a guy in the face and blaming him for being in the way.
    Well.. if the guy that was in the way is part at fault, then you damn right I'll call him out on it.

Ya'll are acting as if I removed 100% of the blame from T-Jack on that one pass. I didn't.
    ok, so if you stick on a blindfold, walk into a mall and start firing off a gun, its ok to blame whoever you shoot for being in the way?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "ndnorseman" #1081536
    Wow...

What a nice feeling after a game. I almost forgot what it was like to be smiling and actually HAPPY in the 4th quarter!

Do any of you folks know what I mean? LOL

Yeah, T-Jack made some bad throws that resulted in picks, but he also made a run or two that resulted in first downs, IIRC. Think that didn't have an impact on the Defense's play-calling? I'll admit I was nervous when I saw Favre was out of the game, and I started shaking my head when TJ threw his first pick, but after the first TD...and then the 2nd...and then the 3rd...regardless of who got them, we were well on our way to being on the GIVING side of a BLOW-OUT!

Y'all can go ahead and bicker about the MISTAKES made by whoever was under center, how they would do if so-and-so had done this or that, what they should, or shouldn't have done in a different set of circumstances.

I'm gonna bask in the glow of a 38-14 victory. It feels good!

As an aside: Did Webb get hurt on the opening return? Why wasn't he used again? Didn't he rip off a 30 yard return? I wasn't able to see the first few minutes of the game.
    He started at WR today, but someone was saying he hurt his hammy. Probably realized that they better keep their emergency QB healthy, as TJ doesn't exactly have a good record of staying healthy.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1081471

Jackson I wish woulda done better even with no work with ones and missing Percy.. You gotta be ready all the the time if you wanna cut it in the NFL.. Today he was his old inconsistant self.. And basically what most expected
    Yeah, cause clearly a 38-14 win is something to whine about.
    I guess we got to win by 45 or more points to make some people happy.

Or one only needs to go back to the few games we won with a very inconsistant Favre to see how happy those people were then.

Last week Favre: 15/23, 172 yards, 0 TD's. You were happy with that.

Dallas Favre: 14/19, 118 yards, 1 TD. You were happy with that.

Detroit Favre: 23/34, 201 yards, 2 INT's, 1 TD. You were happy with that.

15/22 is 68% pass completion from a QB who came off the bench cold, with no practice whatsover with the starters in at least 3 days. How can anyone not be happy with that?

That pass completion% is better than two of Favre's wins and he did it without Hutch & Herrera's protection.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ILLvike is offline Rookie

I think it makes total sense to hold Farve and TJ to different standards. They are very different players at different points in their careers. Farve is the future Hall of Famer who has set nearly every offensive record. Jackson is a back-up quarterback drafted out of a smaller school who will probably never be great. For a player of Farve's history, 15/22 170 yds no TD no INT is a poor game. For a player in Jackson's position, it is a great line. Farve was not brought in here to be a game manager, Sage or TJ could have done that easily. the likes of Brad Johnson, Tavaris Jackson, and Gus Ferrotte did just fine doing that here, and clearly proved that the idea of a QB just managing games will win some, and lose some, but is never going to be great. Farve was brought here to control games, dominate games, make things happen. He did exactly that last year. This year he has not. and THAT is the difference in our seasons. If Farve is now being expected to be a game-manager, why is he being paid 1.25 MILLION every game? you can get a guy to be a game-manager for 1.25 million A SEASON. The point being, we hold Farve to a higher standard because he SHOULD be held to a higher standard.
    None

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1081537
    Quote Originally Posted by "JFormo" #1081531
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1081524
    Quote Originally Posted by "JFormo" #1081520
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1081511
    Quote Originally Posted by "JFormo" #1081488
    Apparently you, because of my 'build'. WTF do you mean then by that statement? Because I'm not black? WTF man, stop running in circles and acting like you know where I would best play football based on my 'build'.. What ever the hell that means.
    I believe that you played HS football but your statement is illogical. As someone that played WR at the high school and College level, I can say that not every pass you get a hand on is catch-able. Cam didn't try to bat the ball down.....its a natural reaction to reach back on a terrible....terrible throw to try and get catch it. This is a play happening at full speed and it's just s split sec reaction done out of muscle memory. No WR things..." Humm i better not attempt to reach for this ball because i might tip it", its all instinct and split sec reaction times.
    I get what you are saying and understand that (the natural reaction bit), but that still doesn't mean it wasn't part Cam's fault for tipping it.
    Or maybe TJ just shouldn't throw a ball that was so bad no receiver has a shot at catching it.

That's like shooting a guy in the face and blaming him for being in the way.
    Well.. if the guy that was in the way is part at fault, then you damn right I'll call him out on it.

Ya'll are acting as if I removed 100% of the blame from T-Jack on that one pass. I didn't.
    ok, so if you stick on a blindfold, walk into a mall and start firing off a gun, its ok to blame whoever you shoot for being in the way?
    We still going on over this? What's your point? Do you want to know under what circumstances would I place part of the blame of the guy in the way of bullets? If so, then ask that question instead.

And finally, to answer your post; No, why would I blame those people? They would be in the wrong place at the wrong time. My question for you is this.. Is that how you felt T-Jack went about on the pass in question?
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1081540

Jackson I wish woulda done better even with no work with ones and missing Percy.. You gotta be ready all the the time if you wanna cut it in the NFL.. Today he was his old inconsistant self.. And basically what most expected

Or one only needs to go back to the few games we won with a very inconsistant Favre to see how happy those people were then.

15/22 is 68% pass completion from a QB who came off the bench cold, with no practice whatsover with the starters in at least 3 days. How can anyone not be happy with that?

That pass completion% is better than two of Favre's wins and he did it without Hutch & Herrera's protection.
    Perhaps, its because after being here 4 years, we expect better from TJ. When we give him the chance, we hoped he'd maybe take control and actually play well. He's played no better today than Favre has all year.

You still haven't answered my question.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1081540

1. Im not whinging im pointing out facts

2. Only person who was actually happy about those stats was Infidel

3. Some are happy bout the completion percentage.. Most look at a bigger picture.. Had he had 3 Tds n 2 picks id feel better.. He is an NFL player.. Hes gotta be ready regardless

4. Degeare and Cook did just as well as those 2 have this year.. I watched.. Dont buy the starter thing THIS game.. It was the Bills.. They got handled

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

What the hell is going on? we win 38-13 and I have seen someone called an idiot, someone called a piece of s#!t, and I believe, stupid in the last few minutes. Is this how we treat fellow Viking fans because their opinion differs from ours? I hate to think how we would be treating each other if we lost this game to the lowly Bills.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1081465
    Bills had 4 INTs all year. Child please. He proved nothing today. Well except for how not to try and tackle after an INT.
    He proved he could have less turnovers than Favre. (Favre; 4 turovers twice)

He proved he could have lead an offense to 38 points (Favre's season high: 27 twice)

He proved we can win without Favre.

He proved what an asset a mobile QB is.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1081545
    What the hell is going on? we win 38-13 and I have seen someone called an idiot, someone called a piece of s#!t, and I believe, stupid in the last few minutes. Is this how we treat fellow Viking fans because their opinion differs from ours? I hate to think how we would be treating each other if we lost this game to the lowly Bills.
    We seem to thrive in a losing environment. When we start winning, we just don't know what to do.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast