Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    That wasn't a scoring play though. I think it only applies to scoring plays, right?
    Yep, you'd be right. Somehow though it would have bit us in the ass had we gotten away with it, but I'd bet it would have expedited getting the rule changed.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
    It's clear enough to me at this point that we need to clear out all the coaches on this team. Well coached teams play well and win most coming off a bye regardless if they are outmatched or not. We didn't put up a good effort, hell, we didn't even put up any effort.

I like what Speilman did in his first year in full control, so let him go out and find our next coach, put together another fine draft and maybe, just maybe we can finally get this thing turned around.
    Somewhere on our staff we have a coach with no arms that needs to go. He must be the one teaching our players to tackle by simply knocking them off their feet without wrapping them up. I see far too much of that by not only the young players, but veterans as well.

I believe I had heard some years back that wrapping up a player when tackling caused more injuries to the defender than trying to bowl him over. Not sure if there is any validity to that.

As far as Spielman, he had a decent draft, but lets not forget we also have a scouting team working with Spielman on our draft picks.

Outside of the draft, not sure how good Spielman is. He has yet to select any coaches & his 2 biggest FA acquisitions, Carlson & Simpson appear to both be busts.

FA acquisitions this year;

RB Jordan Todman Re-signed
    FB Jerome Felton Signed
    WR Devin Aromashodu Re-signed
    WR Greg Childs Re-signed
    WR Jerome Simpson Signed
    WR Chris Summers
    TE John Carlson Signed
    OT Troy Kropog Signed
    OT Kevin Murphy Re-signed
    OT Geoffrey Schwartz Signed
    OG Mark Asper Signed
    OG Tyler Holmes Signed
    DL Chase Baker Re-signed
    DL Fred Evans Re-signed
    DL Letroy Guion Re-signed
    LB Erin Henderson Re-signed
    LB Marvin Mitchell Signed
    CB Bobby Felder Re-signed
    CB Nick Taylor Re-signed

You be the judge on how those signings panned out.

Read more: KFFL - 2012 NFL Free Agents

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    3rd and 2!

You have two plays to get two yards! Down by three scores! What should coach do?

A. Run a play then kick a field goal? You need one eventually, unless you believe you will hold them and convert two 2 pt. conversions.

B. Run AD twice? He's your best option, he is getting positive yards, your passing game is shit, and the Bears Run defense is weak. Bears pass D is their strength.

C. Run AD once? See A and B above

D. Throw two passes, even though your QB is under pressure, your O-line is getting beat, your QB has no accuracy, the Bears pass D is their strength, and your receivers have been dropping balls all day.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I was at the game. It was embarrassing getting only one sack against that piss poor offensive line. They are one of the worst in the NFL and they even had backups to the bad starters playing and we barely got a whiff of Cutler. I was disgusted with our uninspired play, both on offense and defense. 1 freakin sack. I still can't believe it.
    Cutler has been sacked behind that piss poor OL as you call it only twice more than Ponder has behind ours. We have no back ups or 3rd stringers starting on ours.

With the patchwork OL players that Tice has to work with, he's not doing to bad considering.

I was so disgusted, at one time i dozed off and another i simply turned the channel.
    The Defense wasn't tackling at all really.
    Ponder threw an interception
    AP coughed it up twice
    Receivers not catching the ball

I'm as positive a person as there is on this site, but i was embarrassed to watch it.
    They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. Maybe we all should be committed to an insane asylum.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimal93 View Post
    The game was lost when they forgot to hand the ball off to Peterson when they went down 18-3. Played right into their hands. game over.
    The problem isn't we forgot to handoff to AD. The problem is we don't have a consistently good passing game to compliment the run game.

The fact that so many people here believe that AD is our biggest playmaker & should get the ball damn near every time should send off sirens & red lights that our QB/passing game are flawed.

If we can't pass, game over. We aren't going to win a bunch of games just pounding the rock & abandoning our passing game. We have to have a good balance of both. Two of AD's top 4 games which netted 3 of his 7 TD's came with 17 carries & 15 carries. 5 of his 7 TD's came in games with 17 carries or less.

Quote Originally Posted by STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES View Post
    I was so disgusted, at one time i dozed off and another i simply turned the channel.
    The Defense wasn't tackling at all really.
    Ponder threw an interception
    AP coughed it up twice
    Receivers not catching the ball

I'm as positive a person as there is on this site, but i was embarrassed to watch it.
    They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. Maybe we all should be committed to an insane asylum.

Thought I'd remind you.......

Frankie says Relax.
    It's only football.
    Some of you need to take a step back and reassess your life. This is only a game. I love the Vikings but I have liver disease, and am looking at getting a new liver in the next 5-6 months. That is why I take everything in stride.
    Relax, it's only football.

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Somewhere on our staff we have a coach with no arms that needs to go. He must be the one teaching our players to tackle by simply knocking them off their feet without wrapping them up. I see far too much of that by not only the young players, but veterans as well.

I believe I had heard some years back that wrapping up a player when tackling caused more injuries to the defender than trying to bowl him over. Not sure if there is any validity to that.

As far as Spielman, he had a decent draft, but lets not forget we also have a scouting team working with Spielman on our draft picks.

Outside of the draft, not sure how good Spielman is. He has yet to select any coaches & his 2 biggest FA acquisitions, Carlson & Simpson appear to both be busts.

FA acquisitions this year;

RB Jordan Todman Re-signed
    FB Jerome Felton Signed
    WR Devin Aromashodu Re-signed
    WR Greg Childs Re-signed
    WR Jerome Simpson Signed
    WR Chris Summers
    TE John Carlson Signed
    OT Troy Kropog Signed
    OT Kevin Murphy Re-signed
    OT Geoffrey Schwartz Signed
    OG Mark Asper Signed
    OG Tyler Holmes Signed
    DL Chase Baker Re-signed
    DL Fred Evans Re-signed
    DL Letroy Guion Re-signed
    LB Erin Henderson Re-signed
    LB Marvin Mitchell Signed
    CB Bobby Felder Re-signed
    CB Nick Taylor Re-signed

You be the judge on how those signings panned out.

Read more: KFFL - 2012 NFL Free Agents
    Of course he has scouts...every GM has that. Its his job to make the best of that information, and in his first year in control he had an excellent draft. To hate on him for signing Carlson and Simpson is foolish IMO. Carlson has been an obvious bust thus far. Simpson was a one year flyer on a MAJOR need for us and not a bad signing in my estimation. So he didn't work out, that's why he was only given a one year deal.

I won't judge Speilman on FA acquisitions or lack there of as it is my belief that you build a team through the draft and use FA for depth and to occasionally fill a needed hole.

And yes, our coaches are absolutely unable to develop talent and teach success. That's why I say we should scrap them all and start over. Let Speilman make the hires and then we will be able to judge his abilities as a GM or lack there of.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    There's that ups & downs of a young team again.

Of all the mistakes made today, how many would you say were made by our 1st & 2nd year players? How many by our veterans?

People don't want to blame Ponder, so that leaves Rudolph, Fusco, Kalil, Smith & Jefferson as starters to blame (I may have missed a young 1 or 2 that got play time). I know Jefferson missed a few tackles, but Winfield & Greenway did as well. Our DL didn't get enough pressure & the youngest starter on the DL is Guion with 5 years experience, but 3 yr. Griffen got some play too.

Rudolph, I believe may have dropped a pass, but his play helped us, not hindered us. Kalil had a good game too. AD had 2 fumbles, but he has 6 years experience. Fusco, perhaps, but I don't think he was the only one on the front line letting defenders thru.

Perhaps it's Simpson who's the young guy to blame with all his drops? On 2nd thought he has 5 years experience.
    Yeah. I guess Ponder in his second yr. should be doing much better with all the change that has happened to this team in the last two yrs. I guess that change hasn't impacted the entire team new guys getting used to ea. other as well as vets adjusting to all the new guys. I guess we should be a playoff team this yr. Hell no one thought we'd be where we are. We made mistakes. It happens. If you didn't think there would be a couple of these games I am surprised.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    3rd and 2!

You have two plays to get two yards! Down by three scores! What should coach do?

A. Run a play then kick a field goal? You need one eventually, unless you believe you will hold them and convert two 2 pt. conversions.

B. Run AD twice? He's your best option, he is getting positive yards, your passing game is shit, and the Bears Run defense is weak. Bears pass D is their strength.

C. Run AD once? See A and B above

D. Throw two passes, even though your QB is under pressure, your O-line is getting beat, your QB has no accuracy, the Bears pass D is their strength, and your receivers have been dropping balls all day.
    I will forever call for Musgrave to be fired after that act of total lunacy. Tom Pelissaro says Musgrave is intelligent and sometimes tries to be too cute, I say he is an idiot that stops his teams momentum as much as the defense does, if not more.
    This team has been lousey in the red zone all year. There have been at least three games where the offense drove down the field, then stopped doing what was successful when they reached the red zone.
    The defense didn't stop the Vikings; Musgrave did.
    I have serious doubts about Ponder, but not about Musgrave. Time for him to go.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast