Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    VikeCane305 is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Ponder is not the future.
    This is very true. There were a couple of plays that Ponder could've pulled the ball down and ran. I think Webb is the spark that we need in this offense. It worked for SF. Why not us?
    "AKA" PURPLEPOWERPUNCH

30whales is offline Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I respectfully disagree with the Ponder is terrible comment. I honestly don't know what else he could have done. He can't throw it to himself. (Well, OK he can, but we saw how well that worked out...) He was 22/43 with 9 drops. He needs SOME help. I did like that he is putting some zip on the ball now - but those long passes were not on target either.

I seriously hated the game plan today. I just don't understand why we would try to pass twice as often as run against this team. We were trying to replicate what San Fran did? Doesn't Musgrave understand that our team is built differently than San Fran?
    You're right. I am just very frustrated with him. I was at the game against the Lions two weeks ago and I was feeling optimistic about him and then this week and it just seemed like a struggle but like you said there was nine drops which is unacceptable. There is just something about Ponder that I just don't see an NFL quarterback. I do not think that he will ever be a Pro Bowler but if he has a successful NFL career it will be because he will be a game manager and not much more.

iowa is offline Rookie
    Turnovers, dropped balls, blocked field goal, horrible P.I. call in the end zone, sketchy play calling all added up to a typical visit to Soldier Field.
    None

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by VikeCane305 View Post
    This is very true. There were a couple of plays that Ponder could've pulled the ball down and ran. I think Webb is the spark that we need in this offense. It worked for SF. Why not us?
    Careful. A certain thread starter will think you mean he is the answer to all our problems. I would like to see Webb play. Why not create some competition. It might wake Ponder up.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    2 weeks to prepare and this is how we look? Someone tell me again why we should keep Frazier and co? And the Bears are so far down on the offensive line depth chart I think I saw Gould playing guard a time or 2, but our overrated DL only touched Cutler once the entire game. Pathetic!

Again our D couldn't come up with a stop on 3rd down and again our O couldn't convert on 3rd down. We get a gift to start the game and we go 3 n out and have to kick a FG. Good job! Way to get the suck fest off to a great start. Then AP fumbles and unlike us, the Bears stick it in the EZ.

And who didn't drop at least 2 passes today? Ponder is struggling bad enough as it is, we don't need a bad case of the dropsies too. Hell even AP put the ball on the turf twice. Walsh gets a chip shot blocked. The Vikes are good at 1 thing, when they decide to stink up a game, they really stink it up.

And it wouldn't be a proper Viking post game discussion without mentioning how the refs fucked us over. Maybe Forte was down, but here's why I had a problem with it ... 1) it was ruled a fumble on the field, 2) they reviewd it and upheld the call on the field the first time, 3) Lovey Smith talked the refs into reviewing it a 2nd time, 4) there was inconclusive video evidence to overturn the call on the field and yet they overturned it anyway .... that all adds up to be BULLSHIT! And PI on AW? Not only did Marshall push off but AW didn't even touch him. I miss the replacement refs, at least the bad calls went our way once in awhile.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I respectfully disagree with the Ponder is terrible comment. I honestly don't know what else he could have done. He can't throw it to himself. (Well, OK he can, but we saw how well that worked out...) He was 22/43 with 9 drops. He needs SOME help. I did like that he is putting some zip on the ball now - but those long passes were not on target either.

I seriously hated the game plan today. I just don't understand why we would try to pass twice as often as run against this team. We were trying to replicate what San Fran did? Doesn't Musgrave understand that our team is built differently than San Fran?
    I wouldn't say terrible, but I would say that he doesn't read the entire field. There are guys open down field at times that he doesn't even see. He also doesn't step into his throws.

With that said, the offensive line is not giving him enough time to confidently stand in the pocket and step into throws.

The Bears (in the first half) were stunting on where Ponder would be in the pocket, why didn't we move the pocket.

This is going to be against popular opinion, but last year was the time to sell Jared Allen. That defensive line didn't bet much pressure on Cutler. Cutler did a good job of avoiding the little bit of pressure we had.

If only we would have gotten that Defensive TD. I think it was called correctly, his knees were down. That TD would have gave us some momentum to build on.

Turnovers killed us. To beat the Bears, you must protect the football.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    People clamoring for Webb amaze me. He is not an NFL QB. The only times he has looked good is when he is coming off the bench in the 3rd or 4th quarter and the D is tired and not prepared for him at all. We have seen games from Ponder that we have never seen from Webb or TJack as the starters. For christ's sake mars, TJ's best game that 3 td game against ARI, in his WHOLE CAREER. I can't believe how impatient people are with Ponder. He has a little over a year and is playing with an absolutely garbage WR corp. The real problem is Musgrave and his shitty playcalling.

I knew we would lose this game and I knew that Jared Allen would have a bad game. It was just set up for us to do awful. Coming out of a bye against a team with the worst OL in the game that is just coming off getting their QB murdered. No way we could take advantage.

How many times have we watched a game and come here to proclaim Ponder the future? He has had some damn fine games considering what he's working with. He can't do anything about Simpson dropping balls and AP fumbling. He's far from perfect and not a pro bowler yet, but giving up on him is just retarded. Switching to Webb for the hell of it is not the answer.
    Last edited by 12purplepride28; 11-25-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

I'm still on the "Frazier and Musgrave are toolbags" kick. But damn...Ponder's default, toss-up gifts to the "D" have to stop. Jerome...CATCH THE BALL. Why the pass play calls at the end of the 1st half? Why? It's like a foreign-language student, bless his heart, that gets the sentence sequence all out of whack. Example: "Hey Lars, those smokin hot beautiful girls we should buy a drink to, aye." That's what the 'Vikes play calling looks like to me. Just...Not right. The team is down, bad, deep in their own territory, a few minutes left in the 1st, and they call passing plays? RUN THE BALL. But whatever. Next week it will look like Landry is calling the plays and Montana is behind center. It's hit or miss. How's about some consistency? That's the hallmark of good coaching, not to mention, play on the field.
    Tuco the world.....

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by VikeCane305 View Post
    Careful. A certain thread starter will think you mean he is the answer to all our problems. I would like to see Webb play. Why not create some competition. It might wake Ponder up.
    Kaepernick is more of a QB than Webb. JMHO!

What is the reason for starting Webb, long term? If you are going to start Webb, what is there to accomplish? Neither Ponder or Webb are going to be Brees or Manning. But they could be a top ten QB at the lower end. I think that Ponder has the best chance of the two.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    I wouldn't say terrible, but I would say that he doesn't read the entire field. There are guys open down field at times that he doesn't even see. He also doesn't step into his throws.

With that said, the offensive line is not giving him enough time to confidently stand in the pocket and step into throws.

The Bears (in the first half) were stunting on where Ponder would be in the pocket, why didn't we move the pocket.

This is going to be against popular opinion, but last year was the time to sell Jared Allen. That defensive line didn't bet much pressure on Cutler. Cutler did a good job of avoiding the little bit of pressure we had.

If only we would have gotten that Defensive TD. I think it was called correctly, his knees were down. That TD would have gave us some momentum to build on.
    I agree with you on selling JA high. He's my all time favorite Viking but this is a business. The only problem with trading him for a 2nd or 1st if we could get it is that it would hurt our locker room a lot considering his leadership and chemistry with all the players.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast