Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 139
  1. #1
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Official Vikings vs. Bears postgame discussion

    Well, we got our ass kicked. Discuss...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #2
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    884
    Vikes at Soldier field. Same story different year.

  3. #3
    30whales is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    27
    Ponder...... terrible
    Hand the ball the Peterson
    Jarius Wright deserves to play when Percy is healthy
    I want to see Webb

  4. #4
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,727
    We may of lost the battle, but the war isnt over. Wounded the bears by taking 5 of their starters from them.. Still in wildcard and division title hunt.. Just gotta go back and do better. Ponder can make plays if people catch the ball, and the O-Line blocks. I thought it was a decent game by Ponder.

  5. #5
    LIVike is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    184
    The bears convert 10 or 11 third downs. Cutler didn't get touched the entire game. Bears were supposed to have this horrible oline but they looked a hell of a lot better than the vikes. They ran on will the entire game as well.

    Playcalling was bad at times the obvious one being 3rd and 4th and two and they run the same play. Peterson should have touched the ball on at least one of the downs especially when he was starting to get into a groove. Cant put all of the blame on Ponder yes he over threw and under threw a few passes but 9 drops by the receivers. Its the receivers job to catch the damn ball and when ponder puts it between the numbers or at your hands you catch the god damn ball. Peterson's fumbles were bad yet he seemed like the only player to give a damn in the fourth quarter.

    There needs to be a coaching change mainly Musgrave. Coming off of the bye and looking like shit is unacceptable. This is now the second time this year they have had extended time to prepare and both times they looked like shit. Yes its the Bears and it was outside but that is not a good excuse for how they played.

    The fumble return overturn after being confirmed seemed like bullshit as well but what do you expect at this point.
    None

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Negatives:
    * 9 drops this game. Jesus.
    * Bears have a top 10 passing D, but have been giving up a lot on the ground, especially in the last four weeks. We have the top rusher in the NFL and one of the worst passing attacks. So of course we run the ball right? No. We pass 43 times and run 20.
    * They were 10/14 on third downs before heading in to garbage time.
    * Our DL got ZERo sacks and only 2 pressures against a patchwork OL
    * Refs manage to screw us on the PI call in the endzone, and then review a play TWICE to take a TD away from us.

    Positives:
    * Wright is looking like he has potential.
    * ... uh .... um ... shit
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    ConnecticutViking's Avatar
    ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Posts
    383
    Lots to blame...
    Turnovers
    Dropped Balls
    Pass Blocking
    D-Line=No pressure
    Ponder not able to exploit playaction.
    Play calls: Give AD the ball early and often

  8. #8
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Official Vikings vs. Bears postgame discussion

    Ponder is not the future.

  9. #9
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by 30whales View Post
    Ponder...... terrible
    Hand the ball the Peterson
    Jarius Wright deserves to play when Percy is healthy
    I want to see Webb
    I respectfully disagree with the Ponder is terrible comment. I honestly don't know what else he could have done. He can't throw it to himself. (Well, OK he can, but we saw how well that worked out...) He was 22/43 with 9 drops. He needs SOME help. I did like that he is putting some zip on the ball now - but those long passes were not on target either.

    I seriously hated the game plan today. I just don't understand why we would try to pass twice as often as run against this team. We were trying to replicate what San Fran did? Doesn't Musgrave understand that our team is built differently than San Fran?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #10
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 30whales View Post
    Ponder...... terrible
    Hand the ball the Peterson
    Jarius Wright deserves to play when Percy is healthy
    I want to see Webb
    I respectfully disagree with the Ponder is terrible comment. I honestly don't know what else he could have done. He can't throw it to himself. (Well, OK he can, but we saw how well that worked out...) He was 22/43 with 9 drops. He needs SOME help. I did like that he is putting some zip on the ball now - but those long passes were not on target either.

    I seriously hated the game plan today. I just don't understand why we would try to pass twice as often as run against this team. We were trying to replicate what San Fran did? Doesn't Musgrave understand that our team is built differently than San Fran?
    I saw more potential in TJoke than I am seeing in Ponder. He had bad WRs too. He had bad play calling too. He had a bad OL too. It is just not there.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •