Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    NDVikingFan66's Avatar
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,831

    Official Vikings-Steelers Tailgate Thread!

    OK.....just in case anyone will be there, thought it might be nice to have a spot to connect and share.

    NDVikingFan and my wonderful wife

  2. #2
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,781
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by NDVikingFan66 View Post
    OK.....just in case anyone will be there, thought it might be nice to have a spot to connect and share.

    NDVikingFan and my wonderful wife
    I know Mark The Viking & Scottishvike will be going to the game, hopefully you guys can meet up. I'll be there in spirit if thats any help. Enjoy the game everyone !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  3. #3
    scottishvike's Avatar
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Posts
    1,715
    Blog Entries
    3
    Yeah, me and Mrs scottishvike fly down on Friday so we'll be up for meeting fellow PPoers at the tailgate outside Wembley beforehand. Its a pity you can't make it Anglo, I'll have a beer (or 2) in your honour tho!

  4. #4
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,781
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishvike View Post
    Yeah, me and Mrs scottishvike fly down on Friday so we'll be up for meeting fellow PPoers at the tailgate outside Wembley beforehand. Its a pity you can't make it Anglo, I'll have a beer (or 2) in your honour tho!
    Glad to hear that mate and don't deny yourself on the beer front!! - hope you both have a good time and maybe next time the Vikes are in town we'll be able to meet up
    Last edited by AngloVike; 09-26-2013 at 02:41 AM.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  5. #5
    scottishvike's Avatar
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Posts
    1,715
    Blog Entries
    3

    Official Vikings-Steelers Tailgate Thread!

    Been out and about in central london today, there are a lot of Vikings fans around, more than i expected tbh, A lot more supporting the steelers but hey you would expect that. Hopefully the neutrals will cheer for the vikes as we are the "home" team. In regent street they had closed the road and it was given over to the NFL. The Lombardi trophy was there in a glass case which you could get your photo taken with, we didn't bother as the q was massive. There was also flag football for the kids and other stuff for adults such as a FG kicking tent and a precision passing type net. On stage the star players and coaches from both teams made an appearance but it was really busy so it was hard to get close and hear what was being said. Niketown was also NFLed up with the entire bottom level selling merch. I bagged a new Peterson jersey but I'm still favouring wearing a throwback Cris Carter jersey tomorrow. After that we took a trip to Buckingham palace where we got speaking to 2 pilots who had flown across from Minny earlier on with the cheerleaders, staff and fans they thought we might have been on the flight so they were surprised by the fact we came from Scotland! Weather has been good so far, hopefully that continues tomorrow for the game, with wembley being a grass pitch. I'll post all the pics I've took when I can access a computer at home.

    If anyone wants to meet before the game tomorrow pm tonight and we'll sort get it sorted.

  6. #6
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,781
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishvike View Post
    Been out and about in central london today, there are a lot of Vikings fans around, more than i expected tbh, A lot more supporting the steelers but hey you would expect that. Hopefully the neutrals will cheer for the vikes as we are the "home" team. In regent street they had closed the road and it was given over to the NFL. The Lombardi trophy was there in a glass case which you could get your photo taken with, we didn't bother as the q was massive. There was also flag football for the kids and other stuff for adults such as a FG kicking tent and a precision passing type net. On stage the star players and coaches from both teams made an appearance but it was really busy so it was hard to get close and hear what was being said. Niketown was also NFLed up with the entire bottom level selling merch. I bagged a new Peterson jersey but I'm still favouring wearing a throwback Cris Carter jersey tomorrow. After that we took a trip to Buckingham palace where we got speaking to 2 pilots who had flown across from Minny earlier on with the cheerleaders, staff and fans they thought we might have been on the flight so they were surprised by the fact we came from Scotland! Weather has been good so far, hopefully that continues tomorrow for the game, with wembley being a grass pitch. I'll post all the pics I've took when I can access a computer at home.

    If anyone wants to meet before the game tomorrow pm tonight and we'll sort get it sorted.
    I'm green with envy here mate and glad you've been having a good time. My daughter is up in London with her friend as it's her friends 21st. I has a missed call this afternoon shortly followed by a text saying " Viking people in London ! " and a picture of some of the Vikes fans in town. Spoke with her later and she said the atmosphere was great up there and very busy.
    Enjoy it !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  7. #7
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,425
    How is the East Coast team not the home team? Well, Pittsburgh is not really East Coast, but it is a much shorter flight than from Minnesota.

    In any case, have some fun, and stay away from the hooligans.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •