Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Official VIKINGS-JETS tailgate thread

Sounds great spparkgrls,
    Plus, PM resent. Should end up being a great time had by all who attend.....See you on the 11th

skol,
    Nordicned

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

NordicNed wrote:
    Sounds great spparkgrls,
    Plus, PM resent. Should end up being a great time had by all who attend.....See you on the 11th

skol,
    Nordicned

Ned, I PM'd you my cell#. I'm leaving right from work on the train that goes directly to the park, so I should be there by 5:30 or 6:00. Have to come up with a place to meet.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

UPDATED 10/6

Attending:
    CTVikingfan
    NordicNed
    cajunvike
    VikingMike
    Brick
    spparkgrls (4)

Anyone else going to the game?

Jealous and staying home:
    BH82
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Yankee Viking is offline Waterboy

Ticket prices for the ALDS are cheaper than this game. It looks like I'll have to watch this one at Bar None.

Also if you're exploring the city from out of town, check out Brooklyn. Food and beer is cheaper and better here than in Manhattan.

Also it's the last weekend of Governors Island being open. If you are a history buff it is worth checking out, it's Fort Jay was built to keep the British from landing in NYC during the War of 1812 and would later become a POW for CSA soldiers in the Civil War. They also have tons of food/beer/music/art things going on there. Best of all the ferry ride over there is free.

http://www.govisland.com/html/home/home.shtml

Yankee Viking is offline Waterboy

http://www.newyorkjets.com/sweepstakes/101001_monday_miracle_sweeps-v2.html

A chance to win 4 Tickets to Monday Night's game vs Jets for folks living in NY/NJ/CT.

vav925 is offline Waterboy

thanks for the info. will PM you my number and we can try to find the official tailgate and bring some beverages as well! looking fwd to the match with old #84 back!

anyone have any idea on how one parks at the stadium without a pass already? i just have single game tickets for this game, so can i just drive up to the stadium and pay some fee for parking, or do i need to have something already?

thanks!
    None

vav925 wrote:
    thanks for the info. will PM you my number and we can try to find the official tailgate and bring some beverages as well! looking fwd to the match with old #84 back!

anyone have any idea on how one parks at the stadium without a pass already? i just have single game tickets for this game, so can i just drive up to the stadium and pay some fee for parking, or do i need to have something already?

thanks!
    vav925,
    Here is parking info I found from a blog, posted by a jets fan...Hope it helps.
    Also, if you want to tailgate with the PPO Gang, send me a PM here at PPO, I will then PM you back with my Cell, then you just call me from the stadium area, when you arrive, and I can direct you to the tailgate lot. I'll be bringing a parkinI received the bill from the Jets for this season's parking passes at the New Meadowlands Stadium, and there are a couple of interesting notes.

Parking for upper-level and regular PSL owners is $25 a game. Over ten games (eight regular season and two pre-season), that comes to $250. Parking for club seasts is $35 per seat and $350 total.

The pamphlet indicates that there will be 28,000 parking spots at the new stadium, which it states is a significant increase over the past three seasons. Of course, there are more seats at the new stadium as well, so we'll see how the extra spots improve the parking situation.

The parking lots are divided into sections, with club-level ticketholders getting the best spots around the stadium and the PSL owners getting the next tier of lots. The insignificant upperdeck folk get one small lot near the stadium (lot "B"), the parking garage and open lots around the Izod Center, and a large area (lot "P") that is all the way behind the race track.

I guess I can't fault the team for giving an added benefit to those ticketholders shelling out many thousands of dollars for the right to purchase tickets from the team. Still, it's a little frustrating to potentially have to park a quarter-mile away. Hopefully we won't have to get to the stadium too early to take advantage of lot "B".

A few other tidbits:
    g pass, so I'll inform you then, what lot they put me in and guide you in by cell phone. Hope to see you there.

UPDATED 10/8

Attending:
    CTVikingfanJJ Jeff from CT.
    CTVFJJ Friend Name? Friend of Jeff's from CT
    NordicNed Ned from CT.
    cajunvike Cajun from DC Area
    VikingMike Mike from NYC
    Brick Brick from ??????
    spparkgrls (4) Kelly and friends from Minnesota....
    vav925 (2) Still waiting to here from, from ????

Anyone else going to the game?
    List has been growing slowly, now is the time to say, hell ya, I'm wouldn't miss this game for ?????

Jealous and staying home:
    BH82

Tailgate Eats:
    CTVFJJ= Suprise
    CTVFJJ's Friend= Drinks of all sorts
    Nordicned= Worked all day yesterday, making home made Kielbasa and Semi Hot Italian Sausage. Also bringing, Rosol's Hot Dogs, best made in New Britain,CT for many years. Polish owned and opearated butcher shop.
    Also, my fathers favorite tailgate food, and mine= Hot Italian Peppers, stuffed with my secret mix....Out of this world good!!!
    Cajun= Do I need to post? LOL His famous, lip smacking, Gumbo!!!!!

The rest of you all can add to the list, if you like....
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Just recieved my parking pass for the game. We are able to park in any area that is orange in color, from this pic.
    Main lots, B and P.

NordicNed wrote:

Just recieved my parking pass for the game. We are able to park in any area that is orange in color, from this pic.
    Main lots, B and P.

Cajun, this is the same for the parking pass I've got for you. Orange sections B, P and arena side. (The stadium is right next to the B lot.)

Weather forecast for Monday is clear to partly cloudy, low 70's, and upper 50's at night.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast