Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Official VIKINGS-JETS tailgate thread

Cajun ,Mike,Ned and Birk.thatīs gotta be a good one.I wish I didnīt live 6000 miles away
    El underdog.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

VikingMike wrote:
    spparkgrls wrote:
    Thanks much for the suggestions. Any ideas on where to tailgate? Can you just walk into the tailgate lots? We got a parking pass with our game tickets (orange) but we won't have a vehicle. We figured we would just grab a cooler and try and find some nice Vikings fans.

Hi, spparkgrls, just noticed your posts. I've never been to the new stadium, but my friend (who I bought the tickets from) says you can tailgate anywhere, and I think they have a separate area for season ticket holders. But I'll get back to you on this. I'm not driving either, but I believe CTVikingfan is driving in with NordicNed.

As far as NYC, what do you like to do? Zeus had some very good suggestions. You can get anywhere in NY by walking...wear comfortable shoes. There are many parks, theaters and museums, and of course, restaurants, bars and clubs. So let me know what you wanted to do, and I'll give you some ideas.
    Just found a pretty good deal on tickets.
    $129 for 10th row upper deck, parking included. I can't find anything cheaper than $116 on ticketmaster, and $80 on stubhub, and those are way up in the endzone. Ned told me you all paid face value, if you don't mind me asking, what you pay and where are the seats?

My dad wants to go too, so he's been talking to people he knows with tickets. I don't think he'd want to come tailgate with strange people. So if it's just me an him, put me down for a no. But if my brother/uncle/anyone else comes I can dip out for a while and say hello.

ill be attending the game got tix row 2 lower level in the endzone.... paid 300 per seat, but its the only game im going to this year so i guess its worth it.

i got a bad feeling about the game, i think its a bad match up if revis plays. but hell im ready to rock.

Jets fans are brutal though almost as bad as eagles fans. My friend who is a redskins fan went to redskins jets a few years back and actually got pissed on in the bathroom while he was at the urinal pissing some guy just started pissing on the back of him as jets fans gathered and chanted J-E-T-S jets, jets, jets... true story... oh and HE GOT THROWN OUT!!!

I hope we suprise them, i hate jets fans
    None

spparkgrls is offline Waterboy

We got our tickets off Ebay... corner of the endzone row 9 for $120 each. Thanks again for the suggestions on things to do. I think we are going to take the advice of just walking around and seeing the sights. After reading Chester's Jets story now I am a little scared. Hoping our team comes out and kicks some butt then we won't have anything to worry about. If anyone wants to connect for tailgating we would love to join. We will bring booze, whatever food we can find at the Sam's Club/Walmart and I promise we are really fun. SKOL!
    None

vav925 is offline Waterboy

hey all, me and my wife are coming to the game and would to get together with some fellow vikings fans beforehand - would love to hear any plans about where a gathering might be happening!
    None

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

spparkgrls wrote:
    Thanks much for the suggestions. Any ideas on where to tailgate? Can you just walk into the tailgate lots? We got a parking pass with our game tickets (orange) but we won't have a vehicle. We figured we would just grab a cooler and try and find some nice Vikings fans.
    spparkgrls,

Welcome to PPO! My name is Ned, better known as NordicNed, here at PPO, then again, I'm known by many nicknames here.
    As you've already read here, VikingMike (who invited me and hooked me up with two tickets) CTVikingfan (my friend Jeff, who also lives in CT and not far from me here in New Britain, CT., Cajun ( long time PPO member, from the Washinton DC area, and I, we are all meeting up to tailgate and watch the game together. It' would be great to have your gang hook up with us at the stadium and enjoy all the pre-game hoopla....Jeff and I will be driving in from CT, and bringing a grill and grub and drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. Please feel free to add to this thread, as the game gets closer, also feel free to PM me, fact is, you should PM me with your cell phone #, and i will be glad to share mine with you all. This is probably the best way to hook up, once we are all there, we can talk on the phone and locate eachother via land marks and or outside lot markings. Then just look for the sea of Purple and Gold...LOL
    If you don't mind, if your not using your parking lot pass, would you be willing to mail it to Jeff and I? We would put it to good use and would be a big help to us. Happy to repay with grub and drink and just plain fun!!!! We always make the best of tailgating, trust me.

And for that story about the piss happy Jets fan, hope he doesn't piss on the wrong guy next time, he may just end up like a bad Ravens fan I once meet.....That fan won't be throwing bottles, ever again I'de bet....

Hope to hear from you soon..

Ned

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

vav925 wrote:
    hey all, me and my wife are coming to the game and would to get together with some fellow vikings fans beforehand - would love to hear any plans about where a gathering might be happening!
    Welcome to PPO VaV,
    Your best bet is to hunt us down. We will have a good sized group attending and tailgating, by gameday I'm sure. I suggest you just keep on following this thread and enjoy the site and make friends here. The week will go by fast and I'm sure plans will be more finalized as gameday approaches. If you would like, PM me here at the site, and we could share phone #s, that is a sure way help locate us on gameday. Hope to see you all soon.
    Skol,
    NordicNed

vav925 wrote:
    Welcome to PPO VaV,
    Your best bet is to hunt us down. We will have a good sized group attending and tailgating, by gameday I'm sure. I suggest you just keep on following this thread and enjoy the site and make friends here. The week will go by fast and I'm sure plans will be more finalized as gameday approaches. If you would like, PM me here at the site, and we could share phone #s, that is a sure way help locate us on gameday. Hope to see you all soon.
    Skol,
    NordicNed

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Mr Anderson wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    spparkgrls wrote:

Hi, spparkgrls, just noticed your posts. I've never been to the new stadium, but my friend (who I bought the tickets from) says you can tailgate anywhere, and I think they have a separate area for season ticket holders. But I'll get back to you on this. I'm not driving either, but I believe CTVikingfan is driving in with NordicNed.

As far as NYC, what do you like to do? Zeus had some very good suggestions. You can get anywhere in NY by walking...wear comfortable shoes. There are many parks, theaters and museums, and of course, restaurants, bars and clubs. So let me know what you wanted to do, and I'll give you some ideas.
    Just found a pretty good deal on tickets.
    $129 for 10th row upper deck, parking included. I can't find anything cheaper than $116 on ticketmaster, and $80 on stubhub, and those are way up in the endzone. Ned told me you all paid face value, if you don't mind me asking, what you pay and where are the seats?

My dad wants to go too, so he's been talking to people he knows with tickets. I don't think he'd want to come tailgate with strange people. So if it's just me an him, put me down for a no. But if my brother/uncle/anyone else comes I can dip out for a while and say hello.
    Mr A, we paid face value @ $125. My friend's got season tix in Upper Deck, section 318, Row 1. So $129 incl parking is not bad. If cajun can;t come, I will have one extra ticket if someone you know needs one.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

spparkgrls is offline Waterboy

Sounds great everyone. Thanks much and can't wait to meet up. Ned - I will PM you with my info and I am happy to give you the parking pass as we won't need it and would be grateful to have some fun folks to tailgate with. Talk to you soon.
    None

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast