Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47
  1. #1
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Official VIKINGS-JETS tailgate thread

    Who's going to the JETS game Oct 11th MNF?


    CTVikingfan
    NordicNed
    cajunvike?
    VikingMike
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  2. #2
    spparkgrls is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7

    Re: Official VIKINGS-JETS tailgate thread

    Hey there-
    I am new to this board but have been trying to connect with some fun folks to tailgate with at the Jets/Vikings game. There are 5 of us in our group... all traveling from Minnesota to catch the purple. We are season ticket holders and travel to one away game a year. Very excited to check out NYC and the new stadium. Would love to connect with some other Viking fans.
    None

  3. #3
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Official VIKINGS-JETS tailgate thread

    spparkgrls wrote:
    Hey there-
    I am new to this board but have been trying to connect with some fun folks to tailgate with at the Jets/Vikings game. There are 5 of us in our group... all traveling from Minnesota to catch the purple. We are season ticket holders and travel to one away game a year. Very excited to check out NYC and the new stadium. Would love to connect with some other Viking fans.
    You've come to the right place! We have PPOers who will be at that game (See VikingMike above) as well as some, like me, who have lived in NYC and who can give advice on things not to miss.

    Where are you staying - in Manhattan? How long will you be there? My personal favorite spot when I lived there was Central Park's Sheep Meadow. Just a great spot to sit on some green grass and look at the tall buildings around you.

    One place to avoid, IMHO, is Tavern on the Green. The food has *never* been as good as it costs. If you're looking for a great meal, a much better bet is to just wander around Little Italy looking at the menus in the windows until you find a spot that sounds yummy. 9 times out of 10, it will be.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #4
    spparkgrls is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7

    Re: Official VIKINGS-JETS tailgate thread

    Awesome! Thanks so much for the info. We fly in on Friday 10-8 and leave Tuesday afternoon. After much discussion and research we decided to stay in Seacaucus. We thought we would rather be close to the stadium plus it was a little cheaper. Sounds like we can get to Manhattan with a bus ride across from our hotel. So we will have Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday to check out the city and then Monday it's all about the game!!
    None

  5. #5
    Brick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    467

    Re: Official VIKINGS-JETS tailgate thread

    VikingMike wrote:
    Who's going to the JETS game Oct 11th MNF?


    CTVikingfan
    NordicNed
    cajunvike?
    VikingMike
    *updated*

    CTVikingfan
    NordicNed
    cajunvike?
    VikingMike
    Brick
    None

  6. #6
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Official VIKINGS-JETS tailgate thread

    spparkgrls wrote:
    Awesome! Thanks so much for the info. We fly in on Friday 10-8 and leave Tuesday afternoon. After much discussion and research we decided to stay in Seacaucus. We thought we would rather be close to the stadium plus it was a little cheaper. Sounds like we can get to Manhattan with a bus ride across from our hotel. So we will have Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday to check out the city and then Monday it's all about the game!!
    The City is best experienced by walking it, is my 2cents. You could easily do a day walking up the West side of Central Park and then seeing the sights and restaurants in those neighborhoods - lots of cool stuff near Lincoln Center.

    Another good walking day would be to wander around Greenwich Village, Soho, etc. Tons of neat shops, restaurants and such there.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #7
    Brick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    467

    Re: Official VIKINGS-JETS tailgate thread

    Zeus wrote:
    spparkgrls wrote:
    Awesome! Thanks so much for the info. We fly in on Friday 10-8 and leave Tuesday afternoon. After much discussion and research we decided to stay in Seacaucus. We thought we would rather be close to the stadium plus it was a little cheaper. Sounds like we can get to Manhattan with a bus ride across from our hotel. So we will have Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday to check out the city and then Monday it's all about the game!!
    The City is best experienced by walking it, is my 2cents. You could easily do a day walking up the West side of Central Park and then seeing the sights and restaurants in those neighborhoods - lots of cool stuff near Lincoln Center.

    Another good walking day would be to wander around Greenwich Village, Soho, etc. Tons of neat shops, restaurants and such there.

    =Z=
    This guy knows what he's talking about.

    Skip over midtown/times square, it's a tourist trap.
    None

  8. #8
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Official VIKINGS-JETS tailgate thread

    *updated*

    Attending:
    CTVikingfan
    NordicNed
    cajunvike?
    VikingMike
    Brick

    Jealous and staying home:
    BH82

  9. #9
    spparkgrls is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7

    Re: Official VIKINGS-JETS tailgate thread

    Thanks much for the suggestions. Any ideas on where to tailgate? Can you just walk into the tailgate lots? We got a parking pass with our game tickets (orange) but we won't have a vehicle. We figured we would just grab a cooler and try and find some nice Vikings fans.
    None

  10. #10
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Official VIKINGS-JETS tailgate thread

    spparkgrls wrote:
    Thanks much for the suggestions. Any ideas on where to tailgate? Can you just walk into the tailgate lots? We got a parking pass with our game tickets (orange) but we won't have a vehicle. We figured we would just grab a cooler and try and find some nice Vikings fans.

    Hi, spparkgrls, just noticed your posts. I've never been to the new stadium, but my friend (who I bought the tickets from) says you can tailgate anywhere, and I think they have a separate area for season ticket holders. But I'll get back to you on this. I'm not driving either, but I believe CTVikingfan is driving in with NordicNed.

    As far as NYC, what do you like to do? Zeus had some very good suggestions. You can get anywhere in NY by walking...wear comfortable shoes. There are many parks, theaters and museums, and of course, restaurants, bars and clubs. So let me know what you wanted to do, and I'll give you some ideas.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. *** OFFICIAL Giants-Vikings Tailgate Thread ***
    By gregair13 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-12-2010, 09:28 PM
  2. *** OFFICIAL Vikings-Bears (11/29) TAILGATE THREAD ***
    By Zeus in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 01:43 PM
  3. OFFICIAL Vikings-Falcons Tailgate Thread
    By marstc09 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 09:44 AM
  4. OFFICIAL - Vikings-Packers Tailgate Thread
    By Zeus in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 11-14-2008, 01:14 PM
  5. **OFFICIAL** Vikings/Lions Tailgate Thread
    By BadlandsVikings in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 09:01 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •