official vikings fan to be happy

Did the search thing and saw that nobdey posted it....really makes a good point!

If Week 6 taught us anything, it’s that Vikings fans need to grow up and accept the fact their team wasn’t, isn’t and won’t be 13 points better than the Lions or any other team in the league.

http://ww3.startribune.com/blogs/nfl/2008/10/14/its-official-vikings-fans-need-to-be-happy/
    Too much talent

Re: official vikings fan to be happy

your right and you got it.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Pretty much an article saying, "Get ready for another year of mediocrity"

Some people thrive in mediocrity... and I can tell Mark Craig is one of those people.

(btw... don't follow your dreams, they're too difficult... just become a writer for the Start Tribune, Mark... it's easiest that way. WOOO HOOO MEDIOCRITY!!!!)
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Also: I'd have to say that one of the comments below the article hit the nail on the head:

Isn’t the goal to win the Superbowl? Is the current Vikings team capable of that? Are they headed in the right direction?
    Answer: No... a two point win over the winless Lions is not headed in the right direction.

Honestly, we haven't had a strong showing all year.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Holy crap. Guess he touched a nerve. Did you see the number of comments to the article?
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

We have not put together one whole game. Mark Craig are you on crack? This team is heading nowhere fast.

Aside from Childress being one of the most laughable coaches in the league... he has a pompousness about him, as evident in this quote below:

Well, I just happened to bring my 2-point chart out with me because I thought I might have a question or two on the 2-point chart. Does anybody know what the 2-point conversion rate is in the National Football League right now? Didn’t think so. It’s about 44.8 percent right now.
    He comes off like an arrogant prick, only to embarass himself every time his team takes the field. Between stupid penalties, dumb play calling, bad challenges, stupid punts, and not taking 2-point conversions... he's a total joke.

After he's gone, the name "Childress" will bring laughs for years to come.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    Aside from Childress being one of the most laughable coaches in the league... he has a pompousness about him, as evident in this quote below:

Well, I just happened to bring my 2-point chart out with me because I thought I might have a question or two on the 2-point chart. Does anybody know what the 2-point conversion rate is in the National Football League right now? Didn’t think so. It’s about 44.8 percent right now.
    He comes off like an arrogant prick, only to embarass himself every time his team takes the field. Between stupid penalties, dumb play calling, bad challenges, stupid punts, and not taking 2-point conversions... he's a total joke.

CDMAC, it took a coach as terrible as childress to get us to agree. We will laugh at his name for years.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

CDMAC, it took a coach as terrible as childress to get us to agree. We will laugh at his name for years.
    You are now officially invited out to NYC for the "OFFICIAL CHILDRESS IS GONE PARTY"...

Not sure when or where yet... but it will be a party for the ages.