Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings schedule preview. Opening game on the road.

"VikingMike" wrote:
    [size=13pt]A Monday night game in Week 2?[/size]

April 13th, 2009 – 11:16 AM by Judd Zulgad

The Vikings have not opened the NFL regular season with back-to-back road games since 1997. But the team could find itself on the road for the first two games of 2009.
    Looks like Judd is reading Z's posts again.
    I am guessing Week 2 MNF vs the Ravens.
    Good story line with Birk, two strong defensive teams with young budding stars in AD and Flacco to showcase.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Who cares if we start two games on the road or not? We're trying to win them all anyways, right?

The only thing I see getting in our way of a strong start:

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    Who cares if we start two games on the road or not? We're trying to win them all anyways, right?

The only thing I see getting in our way of a strong start:

if there's one thing your good at, its finding rediculous pictures of the chiller... What the hell is he doing?
    trying to get a better viewing angle on the jumbotron?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    Agreed.
    Back to Back road games simply means that there will also be back to back home games later in the season.

I would prefer NOT having a MNF home opener in week 2.
    Mostly because night games are such a pain in the ass for fans who aren't in the metro area.
    But I will be there regardless...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Agreed.
    Back to Back road games simply means that there will also be back to back home games later in the season.

I would prefer NOT having a MNF home opener in week 2.
    Mostly because night games are such a pain in the ass for fans who aren't in the metro area.
    But I will be there regardless...
    I really don't want a Monday night home game. They are a pain. I would need to take off Monday and Tuesday. I would rather not have a Monday night game at all.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

Sorry guys but a Monday night game for me would be perfect. I can then get to Washington l;ater that week and catch a Skins game on the Sunday before I fly home ;D
    Purple till i die

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Official Vikings 2009 Schedule thread

Since we already started talking and speculating about the first 2 games we might as well make it the official thread when it gets announced.
    if we do get 2 road game sto open tyhe season I hope we get a nice home schedule at the end of the year, when it could matter the most

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Garland" wrote:
    Since we already started talking and speculating about the first 2 games we might as well make it the official thread when it gets announced.
    if we do get 2 road game sto open tyhe season I hope we get a nice home schedule at the end of the year, when it could matter the most
    can we just start out a chilly year when we're anything but 1-3 and / or 1-4... if we can atleast start 3-2 or something close to that, we based on history could be looking at 11 or even 12 wins... depending on QB play... given history i said... and the slow starts a rally's at the end of the season...

either way, it'll be interesting to see if we can get out of the first round of the playoffs...
    :-[

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    can we just start out a chilly year when we're anything but 1-3 and / or 1-4... if we can atleast start 3-2 or something close to that, we based on history could be looking at 11 or even 12 wins... depending on QB play... given history i said... and the slow starts a rally's at the end of the season...

either way, it'll be interesting to see if we can get out of the first round of the playoffs...
    We started 4-2 in Childress's first year...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

We started 4-2 in Childress's first year...
    and finished 6-10

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast