Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings schedule preview. Opening game on the road.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Panthers, Panthers, Panthers, Panthers, Panthers, Panthers, Panthers, Panthers,
    ;D
    Are you going to make that game this year Marr? Mars?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ;D
    I was gonna send you a email/give you call as we got closer.
    Sure would love to go down for it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ;D
    Yup I will go.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Being in Charlotte, we will drive by my in-laws.
    My ideal plan would be t o drop the kids off, and head into Charlotte a day or two early.
    We have some good friends in Charlotte.

Regardless we need to catch up before that game.
    When it gets closer, let's chat.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

We were all looking at either coming down in a couple of cars, or better yet, renting a RV.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    Vikings will open on the road
    April 9th, 2009 – 2:54 PM by Judd Zulgad

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2708

We’re all going to have wait until Tuesday evening to learn the Vikings 2009 regular-season schedule, but thanks to one of the folks who took part in our live chat today we know at least one fact. The Vikings are going to open the season on the road for a second consecutive year.

That’s because the Twins are scheduled to play host to the Oakland Athletics at 1:10 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 13. The NFL already has announced some games for the opening weekend, including a Chicago at Green Bay matchup on that evening. Other matchups for the opening weekend include Tennessee at Pittsburgh at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 10 and Buffalo at New England and San Diego at Oakland on Monday, Sept. 14.

The Vikings know who their home-and-road opponents will be for 2009, so you can eliminate Chicago, Green Bay and Pittsburgh as potential Week 1 foes. That means the Vikings will open at either Arizona, Carolina, Cleveland, Detroit or St. Louis.
    Nice analysis.
    And the same analysis I did on this site a week ago.
    Did they also mention that the Twins have the dome for the second week of the season, too?
    So either the Vikings open up with 2 on the road or they play at home on Monday night in Week 2?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

We’re all going to have wait until Tuesday evening to learn the Vikings 2009 regular-season schedule, but thanks to one of the folks who took part in our live chat today we know at least one fact. The Vikings are going to open the season on the road for a second consecutive year.

That’s because the Twins are scheduled to play host to the Oakland Athletics at 1:10 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 13. The NFL already has announced some games for the opening weekend, including a Chicago at Green Bay matchup on that evening. Other matchups for the opening weekend include Tennessee at Pittsburgh at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 10 and Buffalo at New England and San Diego at Oakland on Monday, Sept. 14.

The Vikings know who their home-and-road opponents will be for 2009, so you can eliminate Chicago, Green Bay and Pittsburgh as potential Week 1 foes. That means the Vikings will open at either Arizona, Carolina, Cleveland, Detroit or St. Louis.
    Nice analysis.
    Did they also mention that the Twins have the dome for the second week of the season, too?
    So either the Vikings open up with 2 on the road or they play at home on Monday night in Week 2?

=Z=
    Good find, Z. I highly doubt they'll give us two opening road games (though Chicago had to go through that last year, opening up @ IND, then @ CAR). So if it's a MNF home game, we can also speculate who we will be playing that week.

We get Det, GB, Chi, Cin, Bal, NYG, Sea, and SF. The Packers and Bears both have prime time divisional games week 1, so we can safely eliminate them, seeing as the NFL [probably] won't give them 2 divisional prime time games in a row. We can cross off the Lions, Niners, and Bengals in virtue of their sucktitude.

That leaves the Ravens, Giants, and the Seahawks as potential home opener foes for week 2. I can see them giving us the Seahawks, since MNF usually gets mid to upper mediocre matchups, and this would be one of them. There's still a lot of intrigue in this matchup, though, with the whole Hutch, Burleson situation a couple of years back, and with Housh stiffing us to sign with Seattle. I can also see them giving us Baltimore, pitting the best RB in the league vs. one of the best defenses in the league. NYG @ MIN I see being a premier FOX game or an SNF game.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"pepper" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

Nice analysis.

=Z=
    Good find, Z. I highly doubt they'll give us two opening road games (though Chicago had to go through that last year, opening up @ IND, then @ CAR). So if it's a MNF home game, we can also speculate who we will be playing that week.

We get Det, GB, Chi, Cin, Bal, NYG, Sea, and SF. The Packers and Bears both have prime time divisional games week 1, so we can safely eliminate them, seeing as the NFL [probably] won't give them 2 divisional prime time games in a row. We can cross off the Lions, Niners, and Bengals in virtue of their sucktitude.

That leaves the Ravens, Giants, and the Seahawks as potential home opener foes for week 2. I can see them giving us the Seahawks, since MNF usually gets mid to upper mediocre matchups, and this would be one of them. There's still a lot of intrigue in this matchup, though, with the whole Hutch, Burleson situation a couple of years back, and with Housh stiffing us to sign with Seattle. I can also see them giving us Baltimore, pitting the best RB in the league vs. one of the best defenses in the league. NYG @ MIN I see being a premier FOX game or an SNF game.
    Well, you give have already done tons of analysis on this, but as far a week 2 goes, if we were to play on MNF, I think we would host the Giants, giving NFL that major media market. I also think the Ravens matchup is more interesting than the Seahawks one. Sure they have Hutch, Burleson, and Housh to talk about, but the Ravens are a better team, and Flacco is a very interesting foil with TJ. They also have Birk over there, which IMO is a big deal. CT in Minny as well, as the Ravens have gone to RBBC basically since he and Lewis left.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Jimmymeboy is offline Starter

"happy" wrote:
    Bring on the Cardinals. Superbowl hangover!
    I highly doubt it will be the Cards.
    I say St. Louis.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]A Monday night game in Week 2?[/size]

April 13th, 2009 – 11:16 AM by Judd Zulgad

The Vikings have not opened the NFL regular season with back-to-back road games since 1997. But the team could find itself on the road for the first two games of 2009.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast