Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: OFFICIAL VIKES vs PATS POSTGAME DISCUSSION

Caine wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    What terrifies me is that in three weeks we'll be 5-5 and so many people here will be talking SUPER BOWL.

Which will be bullshit.
    I don't start chanting "Superbowl" until after the NFC Championship game...been burned twice on that one...

That said, the idea of us picking up momentum and driving into the Play Offs hard has merit...but a LOT of things have to occur for that to happen.

Bottom line, the fat lady hasn't sung yet....but she's clearing her throat....

Caine
    I just need to figure out how to get this baby back in my sig line.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

jargomcfargo wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    Average QB Play + Subpar OL Play + Crappy DL Play + Shoody S Play = Loss.

1. Whats the point of starting Favre if we're going to "hide" him like he's TJ?

2. I'm astonished that we remain incapable to make big plays, both on offense and defense.

-V-
    Childress' little tirade about, we have to play within the system has returned us to the glory days of the KAO before Favre. All the excitement and productivity of watching the lawn grow.
    At first glance I thought you typed "All the excrement" and I was going to agree with you.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Brick wrote:
    Damn I look good.
    Wrong again. Favre had a better completion %.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

VikingMike wrote:
    2-5, got em right where we want em...run the table and carry that momentum into the playoffs. On to Dallas baby!
    It's all part of the master plan.

And moss will come running out of the tunnel & our opponents will not have prepared for him.

**sarcasm off**

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Caine wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    What terrifies me is that in three weeks we'll be 5-5 and so many people here will be talking SUPER BOWL.

Which will be bullshit.
    I don't start chanting "Superbowl" until after the NFC Championship game...been burned twice on that one...

That said, the idea of us picking up momentum and driving into the Play Offs hard has merit...but a LOT of things have to occur for that to happen.

Bottom line, the fat lady hasn't sung yet....but she's clearing her throat....

Caine
    Never mind...she's singing....

DAMMIT.

Chiller boned us again.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

What a joke of a game.

DL can't stop anyone, can't get pressure on anyone, isn't good enough to get this team anyplace. Hack on the Noodle for his play, but our downfall this year can be layed at the feet of the DL just as easily as it can the Noodle.

Randy Moss is dead to me. I never really minded that he took a play or two off, but to take a whole game off so your current team doesn't beat your "Love Team" is absolutely the worst thing in the world to do. Even the Noodle tried to beat his old teams.

Loved the play of the OL, DB's, LB'rs, RB's, and even the QB (both of them) this game.

If the defensive line and a certain WR would have done thier job we would have won that.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    What a joke of a game.

Loved the play of the DB's.
    What did you love it the most ,the continuos missing tackles or the shitty coverage?

Paraphrasing my friend Marr,you really got me scratching my head on that one.
    El underdog.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

El Vikingo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    What a joke of a game.

What did you love it the most ,the continuos missing tackles or the shitty coverage?

No DB in the league, much less an entire corp of DBs, is going to cover an opposing teams WRs for 8 seconds. Take away the 8 second nap Brady had before throwing his 65 yard TD play... and realize the good play Medeiu made on the ball on what should have been an INT but turned into a completion cause these are the 2010 Vikings, and our secondary played pretty strong against a team like the Pats. Check Welker's stats... he didn't kill us at all.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

El Vikingo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    What a joke of a game.

You have to watch the DB play in the context of the scheme.

They did thier job. If anyone, ANYONE, fron the front 4 would have even sniffed at Brady, they wouldn't have given up the yards.

Again, in this scheme, the DB's are only as good as the front 4. Right now, our front 4 sucks, really really reallllllllllly bad.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BleedinPandG wrote:
    El Vikingo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    What a joke of a game.

No DB in the league, much less an entire corp of DBs, is going to cover an opposing teams WRs for 8 seconds. Take away the 8 second nap Brady had before throwing his 65 yard TD play... and realize the good play Medeiu made on the ball on what should have been an INT but turned into a completion cause these are the 2010 Vikings, and our secondary played pretty strong against a team like the Pats. Check Welker's stats... he didn't kill us at all.
    Bingo..... Great post.

I think El is trying to look at our secondary like one would if we played a different scheme. Not a big mistake to think our DB's are gonna go out there and be shutdown CB's taken in that light.

Problem is, we don't fall under the illumination of that light. We fall under the cover 2 light.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast