Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: OFFICIAL VIKES vs PACKERS THREAD

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    I find it ridiculous that Frazier constantly comes out with a 10 yard cushion, even cut it to 4 yards, just don't give them a free completion.
    I find it ridiculous that, following a big victory, PPO YET AGAIN seems more interested in pointing fingers than in celebrating glory.
    well nothing wrong with looking at improvements and trying to tidy things up. Last time I looked no team is ever the complete package.

Leaving that aside are we going to see any pics posted up of the tailgate?
    It's nearly 3pm central and I haven't seen that many posted yet
    ;D
    Not sure who even had a camera.
    I didn't bring mine (because of the rain).
    It was wet wet wet.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    I find it ridiculous that Frazier constantly comes out with a 10 yard cushion, even cut it to 4 yards, just don't give them a free completion.
    I find it ridiculous that, following a big victory, PPO YET AGAIN seems more interested in pointing fingers than in celebrating glory.

=Z=
    And we wonder why the state won't build a stadium... you should have seen the chat room last night... it was the biggest bunch of negative nancy's I've ever seen... especially considering we were up 14 points at the time.
    Good God... we're 4 - 0 going into a cake game... 86% of teams that start the year 4 - 0 make the playoffs!
    Lets put our hands together and celebrate a team that has started strong and continues to show signs of only getting stronger!
    It's going to be a great year, Vikings fans rejoice!
    Very well put BPG

tomer629 is offline Waterboy

"petev_sj" wrote:
    I'm gonna cry. Haven't been this happy in a long time.

I think the person that deserves the most credit is Brad Childress. People question bringing in a 40 year old QB and basically slapped Jackson and Rosenfeld in the face. People questioned getting rid of Bobby Wade for Greg Lewis.

I still don't like his conservative nature, but I think we should start jumping off the Childress Hate Train. He is our Head Coach and I think it's time we started showing that loyalty, even when we lose.
    Thrilled about the win, but Chilly showed once again why he is NOT a legit NFL coach.
    How do you throw the challenge flag too late on a 4th and 2, potentially game changing play.
    He shouldnt have had to even look at the replay to make the decision to throw the challenge flag there.
    That play was too big to just let it go as a first down.
    You HAVE to challenge there when its that close, if we win the challenge we get the ball back.
    The fact that he actually threw the flag (but too late) showed that he believed that it was worth challenging.
    BE DECISIVE.
    That could have cost us a game.
    It is a simple call that a NFL coach should never screw up.
    Seriously, how do you not throw the flag in time, get your head out of your ass.

Every time I start to cut chilly some slack he goes and does something extremely stupid that once again proves that he should not be coaching in the NFL.
    Oh and horrible clock management in the last 5 minutes of the game, but I guess we have come to expect that from chilly by now.
    Great win, but once again the head coach had a sub-par game and was carried by the incredible talent this team has.

Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

=Z=
    And we wonder why the state won't build a stadium... you should have seen the chat room last night... it was the biggest bunch of negative nancy's I've ever seen... especially considering we were up 14 points at the time.
    Good God... we're 4 - 0 going into a cake game... 86% of teams that start the year 4 - 0 make the playoffs!
    Lets put our hands together and celebrate a team that has started strong and continues to show signs of only getting stronger!
    Agreed. The eerie feeling about that chatroom yesterday was strange and not at all PPO- like. I missed a few regulars in the chatroom though. I hope I brought something positive to teh table, eh chatroom. at least.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

=Z=
    I'm all for celebrating but I understand why people still have concerns about this team. Making the playoffs is not enough for many, they want a superbowl. To do that the Vikings need to be better. 4-0 against 4 teams that were a combined 17-47 last year(6-10 this year), is not that impressive.
    The defense has given up 80 points in those 4 games, ranking them 17th in points allowed. I think most had top 5 expectations for this defense. The schedule is going to get tough soon and if they don't play better they will lose games.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"tomer629" wrote:
    "petev_sj" wrote:
    I'm gonna cry. Haven't been this happy in a long time.

I think the person that deserves the most credit is Brad Childress. People question bringing in a 40 year old QB and basically slapped Jackson and Rosenfeld in the face. People questioned getting rid of Bobby Wade for Greg Lewis.

I still don't like his conservative nature, but I think we should start jumping off the Childress Hate Train. He is our Head Coach and I think it's time we started showing that loyalty, even when we lose.
    Thrilled about the win, but Chilly showed once again why he is NOT a legit NFL coach.
    How do you throw the challenge flag too late on a 4th and 2, potentially game changing play.
    He shouldnt have had to even look at the replay to make the decision to throw the challenge flag there.
    That play was too big to just let it go as a first down.
    You HAVE to challenge there when its that close, if we win the challenge we get the ball back.
    The fact that he actually threw the flag (but too late) showed that he believed that it was worth challenging.
    BE DECISIVE.
    That could have cost us a game.
    It is a simple call that a NFL coach should never screw up.
    Seriously, how do you not throw the flag in time, get your head out of your ass.

Every time I start to cut chilly some slack he goes and does something extremely stupid that once again proves that he should not be coaching in the NFL.
    Oh and horrible clock management in the last 5 minutes of the game, but I guess we have come to expect that from chilly by now.
    Great win, but once again the head coach had a sub-par game and was carried by the incredible talent this team has.
    And if Chilly threw the flag and he was wrong the entire Chilly hater club would have been on his ass for challenging a play he shouldn't have.
    The team is 4 - 0 which none of the Chi9lly haters seem to think he has anything to do with.
    By the way, Chilly doesn't call the offensive plays.
    Bevell does.
    If you want to point fingers, point it at the right person.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

=Z=
    I'm all for celebrating but I understand why people still have concerns about this team. Making the playoffs is not enough for many, they want a superbowl. To do that the Vikings need to be better. 4-0 against 4 teams that were a combined 17-47 last year(6-10 this year), is not that impressive.
    The defense has given up 80 points in those 4 games, ranking them 17th in points allowed. I think most had top 5 expectations for this defense. The schedule is going to get tough soon and if they don't play better they will lose games.
    Some of you people are never happy. When is it ever enough. People talk about there never being a complete team, yet at the same time everyone gets so damn nit picky about the smallest shit.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

=Z=
    Some of you people are never happy. When is it ever enough. People talk about there never being a complete team, yet at the same time everyone gets so damn nit picky about the smallest shit.
    Or some people just want to have relevant conversation about football and our favorite team.

If you want vanilla, go to the ice cream shoppe.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Mr Anderson link=topic=53535.msg1003001#msg1003001 date=1254855104]
    Or some people just want to have relevant conversation about football and our favorite team.

If you want vanilla, go to the ice cream shoppe.
    [/quote]

My point is - there is PLENTY of positive to talk about - but it seems most of the posts are whining about the negatives.

Last week, it was "The o-line sucks" and "Favre is getting hit too much".
    So why isn't there post after post talking about 0 sacks and only a couple of hits on him?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

=Z=
    Some of you people are never happy. When is it ever enough. People talk about there never being a complete team, yet at the same time everyone gets so gol 'darnit nit picky about the smallest pooh.
    I'm very happy, but until we win a superbowl I will always critique the team. If the only thing I looked at was wins and losses I would lose interest quickly.
    Our defense playing poorly is hardly the "smallest pooh". It's actually a pretty big deal.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast