Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: OFFICIAL VIKES vs PACK POSTGAME THREAD

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    Poor coaching decisions to blame for Packers' loss to Vikings

=Z=
    Before the season, I didn't think there would be a day when I thought Chilly and Bevell, would call a better offensive game than the Packers.. but it happened.

Our defense.. I don't bang on them that bad.. they picked a poison to contain.. AP.. that would be my call as well. We simply got beat by a HOF player and offense.. it is what it is. Credit has to be given to the Offense of the Vikes.

pack93z,
    I salute you !
    Your a man of his word and a very welcomed member here.....Your sig just made me peeee my pants.....LMFAO
    ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Quote from this link:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...l_results#poll
    For all the people who said Childress and Bevell call a dangerously conservative game plan (me), prepare to get your mind blown. Childress decided to go for a 4th and 1 on the Packers goal line. Big pay off because AP punched it in for the 1 yard score.

Surprisingly, this was not the only time Childress went for it on 4th in this game. The second time around the Vikings failed to get the 1st down, but gutsy on Childress's part. I commend him for it. A touchdown in the second situation would have put the Vikings up 24-3 in the first half. That is what I like to call going for the jugular; my hat is off to you Brad.
    I was happy we went for it both times.
    I think that in the first half when our D is on top of their game is prime time to go for it on 4th downs.
    Both of those attempts, we had deep in their territory and the D was holding them strong.

The second attempt:
    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/200911...ost-playbyplay
    #
    Minnesota Vikings at 09:09 2nd Q
    # 1-10-GB 49 (9:09) 28-A.Peterson left end to GB 16 for 33 yards (31-A.Harris). WATCH HIGHLIGHT
    # 1-10-GB 16 (8:20) 28-A.Peterson right guard to GB 14 for 2 yards (77-C.Jenkins, 79-R.Pickett).
    # 2-8-GB 14 (7:43) (Shotgun) 12-P.Harvin right end to GB 12 for 2 yards (52-C.Matthews, 56-N.Barnett).
    # 3-6-GB 12 (7:02) 4-B.Favre pass incomplete short middle to 87-B.Berrian.
    # 4-6-GB 12 (7:02) (Field Goal formation) PENALTY on GB-96-M.Montgomery, Neutral Zone Infraction, 5 yards, enforced at GB 12 - No Play.
    # Timeout #1 by MIN at 06:58.
    # 4-1-GB 7 (6:58) 28-A.Peterson right guard to GB 8 for -1 yards (50-A.Hawk, 79-R.Pickett).

This attempt maybe we take the 3 points, but it was another attempt to go for the jugular.
    Going for the jugular is important for the mentality of the team.
    Sometimes if you go for the jugular and miss, you need to know what that feels like.
    Sometimes it is important to go one step further and realize how going for the jugular and losing the game feels is important as well, hope that doesn't happen but if it does, it will be a taste that will leave an impression.

I liked the approach each time.
    There is nothing wrong with going for it on 4th and 1 when they are in the opponents side of the field.
    They are supposed to have an offense that can punch it for 1 yard whether they are running or passing.
    They are also supposed to have a defense to take care of the situation when it doesn't work out.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Quote from this link:
    For all the people who said Childress and Bevell call a dangerously conservative game plan (me), prepare to get your mind blown. Childress decided to go for a 4th and 1 on the Packers goal line. Big pay off because AP punched it in for the 1 yard score.

Surprisingly, this was not the only time Childress went for it on 4th in this game. The second time around the Vikings failed to get the 1st down, but gutsy on Childress's part. I commend him for it. A touchdown in the second situation would have put the Vikings up 24-3 in the first half. That is what I like to call going for the jugular; my hat is off to you Brad.
    I think that in the first half when our D is on top of their game is prime time to go for it on 4th downs.
    Both of those attempts, we had deep in their territory and the D was holding them strong.

The second attempt:
    #
    # 1-10-GB 49 (9:09) 28-A.Peterson left end to GB 16 for 33 yards (31-A.Harris). WATCH HIGHLIGHT
    # 1-10-GB 16 (8:20) 28-A.Peterson right guard to GB 14 for 2 yards (77-C.Jenkins, 79-R.Pickett).
    # 2-8-GB 14 (7:43) (Shotgun) 12-P.Harvin right end to GB 12 for 2 yards (52-C.Matthews, 56-N.Barnett).
    # 4-6-GB 12 (7:02) (Field Goal formation) PENALTY on GB-96-M.Montgomery, Neutral Zone Infraction, 5 yards, enforced at GB 12 - No Play.
    # 4-1-GB 7 (6:58) 28-A.Peterson right guard to GB 8 for -1 yards (50-A.Hawk, 79-R.Pickett).

This attempt maybe we take the 3 points, but it was another attempt to go for the jugular.
    Sometimes if you go for the jugular and miss, you need to know what that feels like.
    Sometimes it is important to go one step further and realize how going for the jugular and losing the game feels is important as well, hope that doesn't happen but if it does, it will be a taste that will leave an impression.

There is nothing wrong with going for it on 4th and 1 when they are in the opponents side of the field.
    They are supposed to have an offense that can punch it for 1 yard whether they are running or passing.
    They are also supposed to have a defense to take care of the situation when it doesn't work out.
    I agree, but lets try to mix it up once in awhile.
    Fake hand off to AP up the middle and let Shanko reless to the outside for a quick 2 yard dupm off.
    Almost a sure thing if you ask me...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Quote from this link:

The second attempt:
    #

Fake hand off to AP up the middle and let Shanko reless to the outside for a quick 2 yard dupm off.
    I like your style of thinking.
    You don't have to convince me.
    However there are many people around here that get angry when AP doesn't get the ball and the Vikings pass on 4 and 1.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

The hicks on our team own

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"ejmat" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Quote from this link:

The second attempt:
    #

However there are many people around here that get angry when AP doesn't get the ball and the Vikings pass on 4 and 1.
    +1
    I say on 4th and goal line situations you pound it with Peterson 2/3's and dump pass 1/3 of the time to Shank, Tahi or equivalent.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Quote from this link:

The second attempt:
    #

+1
    I say on 4th and goal line situations you pound it with Peterson 2/3's and dump pass 1/3 of the time to Shank, Tahi or equivalent.
    Better yet, say that to the press so everyone knows.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223