Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast
    halfgiz is offline Training Camp

Re: OFFICIAL VIKES vs PACK POSTGAME THREAD

"V" wrote:
    The myth that we "let up" in the second half needs to be totally squashed. All of our sacks in the first half were accomplished with 4 pass rushers. It's not as if we stopped blitzing. Our offense scored on the opening possession, and the three straight passes (all incomplete) on the next drive proves that we were indeed trying to nail the coffin shut.

Paymah was over matched. I can't even be angry at him, because we were asking a lot out of him. Asher Allen looked like a rookie.
    Missed tackles!!
    Was some of the problem.

dfosterf is offline Coach

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    128.57 QB rating

5 TDs

3 forced fumbles (none recovered)

6 sacks

2 game lead in the NFC North, and we own the tie breaker

1 very happy NodakPaul!!!
    How about some more happy stats?

4-1 on the road.
    3-0 on home.
    7-1 at the BYE with 3 straight home games starting in Week 10.

=Z=

*dfoster rattles around his (ever handy) esoteric statistic bag, casts aside the 12 championship one-liner as too well-worn, remembers from the pre-game hype that it was mentioned that the Pack was 9 of the last 12 meetings between the two clubs, does some typical puker extrapolation with calculator, fingers, toes and running through a computer algorithm to verify and states:

"4 of the last 13 ?"

* dfosterf recognizes it as not much in the bigger scheme of things, especially smack-talk-wise, at once realizing that it is all he's got, slinks back to homesite with rhetorical tail between his legs.

;D Congrats.
    Again.

Damn.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"dfosterf" wrote:
    *dfoster rattles around his (ever handy) esoteric statistic bag, casts aside the 12 championship one-liner as too well-worn, remembers from the pre-game hype that it was mentioned that the Pack was 9 of the last 12 meetings between the two clubs, does some typical puker extrapolation with calculator, fingers, toes and running through a computer algorithm to verify and states:

"4 of the last 13 ?"

* dfosterf recognizes it as not much in the bigger scheme of things, especially smack-talk-wise, at once realizing that it is all he's got, slinks back to homesite with rhetorical tail between his legs.

;D Congrats.
    Again.

gol 'darnit.
    Seems you've been watching that Marrdro cat talk about himself in the third person to much my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

What a game? great excitement levels tinged with nervousness of playing the Packers at Lamblow.

Favre was the supreme professional not rising to the boo boys and it was good to see some Packer fans who recognise what he achieved for them in the 16 years he was there.

good game management early on and I'm beginning to notice one big difference with having BF in the mix is how hard he throws the ball. The TD pass to Shank was a bullet, not many lofted jump balls.

The pass to Harvin reminded me of Moss, he seemed to do that a lot, jump for the ball and defenders falling over all around him. The commentator mentioned 10 pin bowling which seemed appropriate.

Tackling got poor in the 2nd half and don't know why, secondary was performing pretty well judging by the amount of time Rodgers had to hold on to the ball.

Stupid penalties from both sides but the headbutt pure asinine.

Overall a good game with what is becoming the customary 2nd half meltdown, I have revised my end of year figures for this to be a possible 12-4 season, NFC North champions and a possible 1st round bye with home field advantage.

Don't want to meet the packers in the post season though, if they manage to do any fixes on that O line they are going to be a dominant force on the NFC.
    Purple till i die

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

In addition to all of the accolades for Favre playing with the Vikings, here's another great reason for me to love it...I get to watch the Vikings on my HDTV. Usually I only see Sunday or Monday night games on TV and am relegated to my laptop for the other games. But with the media's love for the Silver Fox, the past few weeks we've had the games in our market (which is not easy since there are 2 teams here).

Also, here's an interesting article about how the Packers D is venting some frustration at the new scheme.

[size=13pt]Defense vents frustration again[/size]

Jenkins says players are 'handcuffed' by system
    By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel
    Posted: Nov. 1, 2009

Defensive end Cullen Jenkins spoke out after the Packers' 38-26 loss to the Minnesota Vikings, saying he felt "handcuffed" in the new defense and that the coaches weren't putting the players in the positions where they can be most successful. Jenkins' complaint comes on the heels of cornerback Charles Woodson questioning why the Packers didn't blitz more in the loss to the Vikings Oct. 5 in the Metrodome.

"Basically, we have good players on this defense," Jenkins said after Favre completed a two-game whitewashing of the Packers in which he was not sacked once. "We've got Pro Bowl players on this defense and they were sent to the Pro Bowl doing certain things. And they're not doing those things.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

WOOO HOOOOO!!!!

That is all.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    WOOO HOOOOO!!!!

That is all.
    What?
    Don't you want to point out the bad tackling, the soft Cover 2 in the 2nd half or the Robison kick-return follies?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    WOOO HOOOOO!!!!

That is all.
    What?
    Don't you want to point out the bad tackling, the soft Cover 2 in the 2nd half or the Robison kick-return follies?

=Z=

That Robison fumble had me grumbling. But the cardiac Vikes pushed on.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Why the fuck can't we make a 4th and 1? I hate to be negative after this amazing win but damn. All that run run talk last week and we really did not get anything on the ground. On a positive note, Brett Favre is the man.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"marstc09" wrote:
    Why the fuck can't we make a 4th and 1? I hate to be negative after this amazing win but damn. All that run run talk last week and we really did not get anything on the ground. On a positive note, Brett Favre is the man.
    We did what we needed to. The 4th and 1 isn't a big deal. We'd get that 9/10 times.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast