Page 1 of 22 123 11 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

OFFICIAL VIKES vs MIAMI POSTGAME DISCUSSION

I am sure this site is going to blame Favre for the loss. Team loss.

Oh boy...better start playing real soon or we are in for a long season.

Turnovers and dumb penalties plague us.

On to next week.

We had it...we had it. (I would've ran to the left)

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: OFFICIAL VIKES vs MIAMI POSTGAME DISCUSSION

The whole and complete coaching staff did not have these guys ready to come out and play. The team except for the Hendersons and Adrian looked like they had better things to do today.

Childress has been given all the talent that a team needs and a coaching staff like this organization has never seen and he is only about 5 games over .500 for his career. I said last year they needed to go all the way because it would be downhill form there and that is certainly looking like it is the case.

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

When the Vikings win, it's always BRETT FAVRE that won the game. Why should it be any different when they loose. I think Brett set the tone for this season when he held out thus missing the unimportant training camp. Vikings put to much emphisis on Brett, and not enough on what was important. THE TEAM!
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Well, our worst fear came true today. The Gunslinger is back.

hwoever, there are TWO reasons we lost that game.

1: Brett Favre. He had a bad game. First INT wasn't his fault, but remember, he had one pick taken away as well. He's making throws he shouldn't be.

2: Brad Childress. We could have won if we kicked on fourth down instead of going for it. First time, around the 27, easy FG. Next on the goal line, Those two scores would have put us ahead. Kicking the first one. would have put us in position to just need a FG instead of a TD at the end.

However, my breakdown:

QB: D+ Some decent throws, but some purely mind-boggling throws. His picks didn't help us, thats for sure.

RB: A+ Honestly, I think that might be one of AD's best performances ever. Yes, he didn't have the big numbers, but he ran hard and strong, making plays by himself. A great performance

FB: D A generous spot on a FB dive is the ONLY highlight from Tahi. The guy sucks.

TE: B Couple drops, some ok blocking, some good receptions. A decent performances.

OL: C. Pass protection was just horrid. Run blocking was OK.

WR: D They didn't show it, but they just weren't getting open. Favre was hanging onto the ball an awful lot. Meaning the guys weren't getting open. Its not like he's shy firing the ball.

DL: C+ I am sick of our incre3dibly overrated run defense. We got carved up, That, and they didn't get alot of pressure either

LB: B- Not bad. Some good coverage, but some breakdowns in the run game.

S: A- Surprisingly good game. Only one big ball to Marshall, which was on Winfield I believe. Other than that, they played very well.

CB: B overall an ok game. kept Henne to moderately few yards,. but lets get serious. Its Henne.

Coaching: D Going for it on 4th down early quite frankly could have cost us the game. It was a 4 point game, and we left 6 points off the board by not kicking.

I'm just disgusted by the performance today.

delviking is offline Starter

The Defense has performed admirably in our two losses even got a turnover to try and help win the fins game. But 5 turnovers from your QB in two is unexceptable and they still only gave the ball to peterson in the 4th after favre got sacked and lost the ball. i dont blame the O Coor for giving it to peterson on the 4th and 1 but come on should have never come down to that.

Long season hey try jackson for the detroit game cant do much worse than favre so far.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Lets do a position by position rating...

QB: D-
    No If's about it. He had a terrible game. The first INT is a freak play, but the remaining INTs were terrible.

RBs - A. Would have given an A+ but Tahi was average and Gerhert was ok. AD is a man among boys. His runs today were truly beautiful.

WRs - D... started off well but disappeared.

TEs - B - Only weapons in the passing game.

OL - C Terrible to start the game but they quieted down and gave BrINT Farve time.

DL - C - No pressure, most of the sacks were coverage sacks. Average for this line. Got beat down early in the game

LB - B - EJ is not back. He is filling th wrong holes and is out of position too often

DBs - B Held Marshall to a couple of catches. Cannot get an INT to save thier lives.

purplejokr is offline Rookie

4 turnovers. 7 penalties. You won't win many games with those numbers in your column.

delviking is offline Starter

it was lito sheppherd who gave up the big play to marshall.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Except for a handful of players it really didn't look like the team cared and it looked like Childress was too busy thinking up some sort of quippy dialog to focus on what the team needed to do. At one point the cameras caught Jackson explaining to Brett what he was doing wrong lol.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Purple Floyd wrote:At one point the cameras caught Jackson explaining to Brett what he was doing wrong lol.[/quote]

Yes, because I'm sure you know what they were talking about.

Page 1 of 22 123 11 ... LastLast