Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 231 to 236 of 236
  1. #231
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: OFFICIAL VIKES vs LIONS POSTGAME THREAD

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=53315.msg999235#msg999235 date=1253882932]
    [quote author=jargomcfargo link=topic=53315.msg999081#msg999081 date=1253826571]
    I'm not advocating changing anything except one or two long throws per game.

    It seems we did get Berrian for some purpose.
    Let's not forget that Berrian has had a sore hammy for a month now.


    =Z=
    Berrian's hammy shouldn't affect Rice or Harvin's ability to go deep if need be.
    Going deep is simply not a priority in the offense. It's hardly a secondary or even tertiary goal of what this offense is trying to achieve. I can understand those asking to see it, but IMO it's like asking for dessert after a 3-course meal. It's an awesome thing to have but it's not really necessary.
    Although the focus of the WCO (and probably more so the variation we run) is to use short Vertical passing, it is not out of the realm/scope to see them take some shots deep to open things up.

    The objective of the West Coast Offense is to:



    * Spread the defense out horizontally as well as vertically, forcing slower linebackers into coverage.



    * Maintain possession of the football by utilizing a short passing attack almost as an extension of the running game.



    * Create mismatches with speed, size, or number of receivers.



    * Avoid tendencies that defenses can key on by throwing on any down and distance.

    http://football.about.com/od/offensi...West-Coast.htm
    For the love of all that is holy and pure, we won both games convincingly.
    We are 2-0.
    The same people complaining that they are worried about Favre lasting the whole season are the ones crying for him to go deep when not necessary.
    The Vikigs won both games by 2 TDs.
    Why in the hell do they want to go deep and wear down Favre's supposed "noodle arm"?
    Please tell me why.

    Now there will be other games to where they WILL have to go deep.
    When that time comes and they don't, then complain.
    Until then there was no reason for Favre to go deep to this point.
    You do what you have to do to win.
    That is exactly what has happened.
    This whole BS about TRYING to find things wrong with Favre is ridiculous.
    [/quote]
    For the love of all that is holy and pure can't we talk football on this site anymore without it turning into a pissing contest over LNAD?

    My post had nothing to do with him.
    It and V's post were talking scheme. Nothing more, nothing less.

    WOW.

    [/quote]

    My ole buddy Marrdro.
    I have to apologize.
    Thank you for clarifying.
    I was defensive.
    It just initially appeared to me you were trying to make a point about Favre.
    You have to admit though that the whole topic stems from the lack of deep throws so far.
    But still I apologize.

  2. #232
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: OFFICIAL VIKES vs LIONS POSTGAME THREAD

    "ejmat" wrote:
    My ole buddy Marrdro.
    I have to apologize.
    Thank you for clarifying.
    I was defensive.
    It just initially appeared to me you were trying to make a point about Favre.
    You have to admit though that the whole topic stems from the lack of deep throws so far.
    But still I apologize.
    No worries my friend.
    It isn't like I haven't been a asssss of late.

    Starting to feel better by the way.

    ;D

    [size=1pt]But don't think I am one bit over LNAD[/size]
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #233
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: OFFICIAL VIKES vs LIONS POSTGAME THREAD

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    My ole buddy Marrdro.
    I have to apologize.
    Thank you for clarifying.
    I was defensive.
    It just initially appeared to me you were trying to make a point about Favre.
    You have to admit though that the whole topic stems from the lack of deep throws so far.
    But still I apologize.
    No worries my friend.
    It isn't like I haven't been a asssss of late.

    Starting to feel better by the way.

    ;D

    [size=1pt]But don't think I am one bit over LNAD[/size]
    LOL.
    Winning games solves a lot of moods.
    Hopefully we can continue on the winning path.
    We are all in this for the same thing.
    That is to see a Viking Superbowl Championship.
    I don't care who the QB is if it happens.
    It could be Jim McMahin for all i care.
    Hell if ZMike Vick came here and won us a superbowl I'd still be happy.
    I wouldn't want Vick right now because I haven't forgiven what he has done.
    But if he shows he has changed than I can come to grips with it.
    Anyway, GO FAVRE and GO VIKES!

  4. #234
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: OFFICIAL VIKES vs LIONS POSTGAME THREAD

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    I'm not advocating changing anything except one or two long throws per game.

    It seems we did get Berrian for some purpose.
    Let's not forget that Berrian has had a sore hammy for a month now.


    =Z=
    Berrian's hammy shouldn't affect Rice or Harvin's ability to go deep if need be.
    Going deep is simply not a priority in the offense. It's hardly a secondary or even tertiary goal of what this offense is trying to achieve. I can understand those asking to see it, but IMO it's like asking for dessert after a 3-course meal. It's an awesome thing to have but it's not really necessary.
    Although the focus of the WCO (and probably more so the variation we run) is to use short Vertical passing, it is not out of the realm/scope to see them take some shots deep to open things up.

    The objective of the West Coast Offense is to:



    * Spread the defense out horizontally as well as vertically, forcing slower linebackers into coverage.



    * Maintain possession of the football by utilizing a short passing attack almost as an extension of the running game.



    * Create mismatches with speed, size, or number of receivers.



    * Avoid tendencies that defenses can key on by throwing on any down and distance.

    http://football.about.com/od/offensi...West-Coast.htm
    You are giving us an about.com link for info?

    OMG, then it must be right.

    Here's one for you!

    http://football.about.com/od/footbal...otball_101.htm

    :

  5. #235
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: OFFICIAL VIKES vs LIONS POSTGAME THREAD

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    My ole buddy Marrdro.
    I have to apologize.
    Thank you for clarifying.
    I was defensive.
    It just initially appeared to me you were trying to make a point about Favre.
    You have to admit though that the whole topic stems from the lack of deep throws so far.
    But still I apologize.
    No worries My Farvish Friend.
    It isn't like I haven't been a asssss of late.

    Starting to feel better by the way.

    ;D

    [size=1pt]But don't think I am one bit over LNAD[/size]
    LOL.
    Winning games solves a lot of moods.
    Hopefully we can continue on the winning path.
    We are all in this for the same thing.
    That is to see a Viking Superbowl Championship.
    I don't care who the QB is if it happens.
    It could be Jim McMahin for all i care.
    Hell if ZMike Vick came here and won us a superbowl I'd still be happy.
    I wouldn't want Vick right now because I haven't forgiven what he has done.
    But if he shows he has changed than I can come to grips with it.
    Anyway, GO FAVRE and GO VIKES!
    LOL, winning has nothing to do with it my friend.
    Just takes me time to get over things sometimes.
    This is one of those time.

    I am going with the new montra of "This year don't count" and I am putting an asterisk next to it.


    Now if by some chance, young TJ takes over, my world will be good again.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #236
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: OFFICIAL VIKES vs LIONS POSTGAME THREAD

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=jargomcfargo link=topic=53315.msg999081#msg999081 date=1253826571]
    I'm not advocating changing anything except one or two long throws per game.

    It seems we did get Berrian for some purpose.
    Let's not forget that Berrian has had a sore hammy for a month now.


    =Z=
    Berrian's hammy shouldn't affect Rice or Harvin's ability to go deep if need be.
    Going deep is simply not a priority in the offense. It's hardly a secondary or even tertiary goal of what this offense is trying to achieve. I can understand those asking to see it, but IMO it's like asking for dessert after a 3-course meal. It's an awesome thing to have but it's not really necessary.
    Although the focus of the WCO (and probably more so the variation we run) is to use short Vertical passing, it is not out of the realm/scope to see them take some shots deep to open things up.

    The objective of the West Coast Offense is to:



    * Spread the defense out horizontally as well as vertically, forcing slower linebackers into coverage.



    * Maintain possession of the football by utilizing a short passing attack almost as an extension of the running game.



    * Create mismatches with speed, size, or number of receivers.



    * Avoid tendencies that defenses can key on by throwing on any down and distance.

    http://football.about.com/od/offensi...West-Coast.htm
    You are giving us an about.com link for info?

    OMG, then it must be right.

    Here's one for you!

    http://football.about.com/od/footbal...otball_101.htm

    :
    [/quote]
    LOL. you probably got that one from me.
    You know I have everyone of them on the internet bookmarked.


    Best one by the way is.......

    http://football.calsci.com/WCOHistory.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Similar Threads

  1. Official Vikes vs Lions Postgame Discussion
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 03:48 PM
  2. OFFICIAL VIKES vs LIONS POSTGAME DISCUSSION
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 09:43 AM
  3. OFFICIAL LIONS POSTGAME THREAD
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 224
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 01:18 PM
  4. OFFICIAL VIKES vs PACK POSTGAME THREAD
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 226
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 12:12 PM
  5. OFFICIAL RAMS vs VIKES POSTGAME THREAD
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 10-16-2009, 01:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •