Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 103 of 103
  1. #101
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Official Vikes vs Lions Postgame Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1087221
    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1087203
    Quarterback play. He plays good, the coach is brilliant. He sucks, the coach sucks. Up and down pretty much two levels, pro and college.

    Favre sucked. Chilly sucks.

    It's perfectly logical to fan(atic)s.

    Look at the QB's of everyone that is on the "hot seat" or fired, coaching-wise.

    I detect a theme.
    Tony Romo?

    but I get your point.... A QB can make a coach look good. It's exactly what Favre has been doing for 20 years.
    I think you mean 19 (or less)

    There's nothing that Favre did this past season that made Childress look good.

    In fact, whenever Favre has a sub-par year, the HC gets fired.

    Rhodes (8-8)
    Sherman (4-12)
    Childress (3-7)

    Honorable mention;
    Mangini (9-7) lost 4 of last 5

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #102
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Official Vikes vs Lions Postgame Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1087558
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1087221
    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1087203
    Quarterback play. He plays good, the coach is brilliant. He sucks, the coach sucks. Up and down pretty much two levels, pro and college.

    Favre sucked. Chilly sucks.

    It's perfectly logical to fan(atic)s.

    Look at the QB's of everyone that is on the "hot seat" or fired, coaching-wise.

    I detect a theme.
    Tony Romo?

    but I get your point.... A QB can make a coach look good. It's exactly what Favre has been doing for 20 years.
    I think you mean 19 (or less)

    There's nothing that Favre did this past season that made Childress look good.

    In fact, whenever Favre has a sub-par year, the HC gets fired.

    Rhodes (8-8)
    Sherman (4-12)
    Childress (3-7)

    Honorable mention;
    Mangini (9-7) lost 4 of last 5
    It's true but how many coaches did Favre help get promotions? Gruden, Mooch, Holmgren to GM, Childress did get an extension because of him, Mangini got a job right away as HC. That kind of works both ways.

  3. #103
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Official Vikes vs Lions Postgame Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1087558
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1087221
    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1087203
    Quarterback play. He plays good, the coach is brilliant. He sucks, the coach sucks. Up and down pretty much two levels, pro and college.

    Favre sucked. Chilly sucks.

    It's perfectly logical to fan(atic)s.

    Look at the QB's of everyone that is on the "hot seat" or fired, coaching-wise.

    I detect a theme.
    Tony Romo?

    but I get your point.... A QB can make a coach look good. It's exactly what Favre has been doing for 20 years.
    I think you mean 19 (or less)

    There's nothing that Favre did this past season that made Childress look good.

    In fact, whenever Favre has a sub-par year, the HC gets fired.

    Rhodes (8-8)
    Sherman (4-12)
    Childress (3-7)

    Honorable mention;
    Mangini (9-7) lost 4 of last 5
    I stand by what I say. 3-7 is overachieving for Childress. 12-4 was outrageous!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Similar Threads

  1. OFFICIAL VIKES vs BEARS POSTGAME DISCUSSION
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 02:34 PM
  2. OFFICIAL VIKES vs GIANTS POSTGAME DISCUSSION
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 265
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 08:05 PM
  3. VIKES vs COWBOYS OFFICIAL POSTGAME DISCUSSION
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 278
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 10:46 AM
  4. OFFICIAL VIKES vs LIONS POSTGAME DISCUSSION
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 09:43 AM
  5. OFFICIAL VIKES vs MIAMI POSTGAME DISCUSSION
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 210
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 09:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •