Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Re: OFFICIAL VIKES vs LIONS POSTGAME DISCUSSION

Baskett looked like he dropped a potential TD, but it was knocked out by the corner, Houston I think. Still, a better receiver takes that ball higher and Houston doesn't have a play.
    Ah, I remember it now.

Basket neglected to jump on that one.

It sure looked like he could have had a TD if he'd gone up for it.

But, like I said before, he was thrown into this game very quickly and his performance was probably adequate considering the situation.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

marstc09 wrote:
    CCthebest wrote:
    Im waiting for Mars to say how good he looks this week.
    Do you have quotes on me saying he has been good that last 2 weeks? I can dig up the post game threads. I will be waiting.......
    I supported Favre since he came here, last year he gave us hope, then threw the INT I knew he would throw. I still wanted him back, but as usual he has to be the medias atttention whore, and miss training camp. Well that excuse is gone now. He has had time with the WRs etc. And he still is sucking. Luckily PH made a few great throws. Favre isnt the only problem, but he is a big one this year for what he is getting paid.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

marstc09 wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Favre's still not as acurate or has the timing down with the WR's as he should be on the passes down field. Don't know what he was thinking on that pick by the lineman.
    Oh please. Paul Allen said it best. A QB can't be 100% accurate. The ball can be placed in the area. It is up to the WRs to make a play.

Too many times today I saw Favre hit WRs practically in the head and they still drop it.

In no way am I saying Favre is perfect but we lack playmakers at the wideout positions. Lewis, Berrian, and Baskett will never lead this team to the Super Bowl. We desperately need Rice back. I am still baffled to why Javon is not here. We screwed the pooch in not making a deal for Jackson or Housh.
    He was in "the area" more today than last week. However a DLineman happened to be in the area between the WR & Favre also.

All I'm saying is he's not where most of us expect him to be. He should be a lot better. People can't keep blaming the WR's and always assuming they ran the wrong route, just because the ball was delivered elsewhere or it just appears Favre's bad just because Rice is injured.

The deep passe downfield to Berrian was overthrown, not because he ran the route wrong. It's because Favre overjudged were he thought he would be when the ball got there. That is a timing issue that gets worked out through practice in TC, preseason & between gamedays at the least. Practice you stated he did not need.

IMO, Had Favre been in camp & working with the team, which is what players desiring to win do, I don't think we'd have this many issues in week 3 of the season.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Alot of the blame the this year goes right to Childress. He didnt get us a QB last year till the last moment, then again this year. And he adresses our WR by getting Basklett, an ex Eagle. I mean come on.

purplejokr is offline Rookie

I am happy with the win. I am happy with the defense.

I'm hoping that those flashes of offensive continuity are a sign of things to come!

singersp wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Favre's still not as acurate or has the timing down with the WR's as he should be on the passes down field. Don't know what he was thinking on that pick by the lineman.
    Oh please. Paul Allen said it best. A QB can't be 100% accurate. The ball can be placed in the area. It is up to the WRs to make a play.

Too many times today I saw Favre hit WRs practically in the head and they still drop it.

In no way am I saying Favre is perfect but we lack playmakers at the wideout positions. Lewis, Berrian, and Baskett will never lead this team to the Super Bowl. We desperately need Rice back. I am still baffled to why Javon is not here. We screwed the pooch in not making a deal for Jackson or Housh.
    He was in "the area" more today than last week. However a DLineman happened to be in the area between the WR & Favre also.

All I'm saying is he's not where most of us expect him to be. He should be a lot better. People can't keep blaming the WR's and always assuming they ran the wrong route, just because the ball was delivered elsewhere or it just appears Favre's bad just because Rice is injured.

The deep passe downfield to Berrian was overthrown, not because he ran the route wrong. It's because Favre overjudged were he thought he would be when the ball got there. That is a timing issue that gets worked out through practice in TC, preseason & between gamedays at the least. Practice you stated he did not need.

IMO, Had Favre been in camp & working with the team, which is what players desiring to win do, I don't think we'd have this many issues in week 3 of the season.
    I agree completely. No one can honestly disagree.

singersp wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    singersp wrote:

I agree completely. No one can honestly disagree.

CCthebest wrote:
    Alot of the blame the this year goes right to Childress. He didnt get us a QB last year till the last moment, then again this year. And he adresses our WR by getting Basklett, an ex Eagle. I mean come on.
    Weren't you one of the ones whinning when we let Baskett go to the Eagles for McMullen?

Gotta find that Baskett-McMullen watch thread.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    Gotta give the kid credit for reacting and making the tackle, but to reprise the coach.......I don't think Gerhardt will be around next year.
    You kidding me? YOu don't just ditch a 2nd round pick because of 3 games of not doing much.
    I remember a few years ago when a shitload of people here wanted us to dump Shiancoe & Rice.

Just saying.........

There were a bunch of fans who also wanted us to trade AD after the loss to the Saints in the Championship game as well.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

I suggest we just wait and see if Gerhardt makes it.

I say he won't be around next year because he is only slightly faster than grass growing. You can't fix that.

We'll see.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast