Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Re: OFFICIAL VIKES vs LIONS POSTGAME DISCUSSION

Agreed.

And......what ever happened to that guy named BEST????

LOL.....he got shut down today, gotta credit our D.

Favre was smiling today, even though he had to take too many hits......gotta love that spirit.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Not an impressive win, but a win nevertheless.

Sadly, it wasn't only against the Lions, but the Lions led by their 2nd string QB. I believe the said a starting WR was out as well.

Favre's still not as acurate or has the timing down with the WR's as he should be on the passes down field. Don't know what he was thinking on that pick by the lineman.

AD & Harvin were the bright spots today.

Nobody better be talking playoffs just yet. We're quite aways away from beating better caliber teams, but we have the bye week to prepare. Thank God!

As to the Lions; Wow! poor game management. 2nd down & 15 to go for a TD before the half & rather than call a time-out, take a shot or 2 into the endzone, then kick a FG, they opt to let the clock wind down to 3 seconds & be satisfied with a FG. WTF? Linehan must have had a brain-childress.

They must not have had a lot of confidence in Hill's passing abilities. For 3 quarters of play it was mostly run, run, run with a few short passes mixed in. They didn't start passining more & moving the ball until the 4th quarter, but as we saw, both nice drives ended up with picks. Poor clock management/play calling as well in the 4th.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

The Oline SUCKED! How can anyone say they played well? Pass protection is horrible. At least we have AD who doesnt need much of a hole. Hes just awesome.

Toby looks bad, slowest rb ive seen. A DL just about beat him.

Favre is still way off, luckily PH can catch. Im waiting for Mars to say how good he looks this week. Why is PH returning punts?????

JA should give the Vikings money this year, he is sucking a$$. So is BB.

Jets will own us if we dont get the coaches to actually coach.

Im so glad Childress didnt make a move for Castle...he looks horrible in KC.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I thought the defense played very nicely today. People are getting on Jared for being absent so far this season but as a whole the defense is playing much better than it did last year. We're turning the ball over much more often on offense and the defense still hasn't seemed gassed. They're giving up a grand total of.. 10ish points per game on average? That's pretty damn good.

I liked what I saw out of the secondary today. I think not having Cook and Griffin for the first few games is going to prove to be a positive for this team later on. Asher Allen showed that he can hold his own in the secondary and now we have our two big corners back to put on the other teams big receiver, letting Winfield move back to his slot position with no added pressure on him.

Cook played pretty well for his first game. Got chucked a few times on the line by Calvin Johnson but otherwise held his own. Griffin looked like the same player he was before the knee injury which is awesome news for our secondary. Abdullah held his own in the pass game as well. Overall I thought the defense was awesome and it bodes well considering they have 2 weeks to prepare for a Jets offense that hasn't looked too spectacular so far this season.

The offense on the other hand was rather frustrating. One of the picks was Favre's fault... you have to take the sack or throw it away on the screen if the defensive tackle has read it completely and blown the play up. The one where his arm was hit was just a terrible play by Loadholt. Completely missed his block on a play where Favre got the ball out of his hands fairly quickly. Favre throwing so many picks is worrisome with the Jets game coming up.. That's probably still the best secondary in football and they're going to try to capitalize on those mistakes in the passing game.

I thought Ryan Cook played very nicely filling in for Sullivan.. Maybe even well enough to earn the starting Center position. I noticed that the running game was considerably better when Cook came into the game for Sullivan as well. I know there are some guys on here who break down the O-line play-by-play so it would be awesome if we could see the difference in play between Cook and Sully.

Adrian is back to being Adrian. He has gotten into the habit (finally) of switching the ball to his other hand when he gets to a sideline. He seems to have his speed back from his rookie year too, although the Lions defense isn't the best barometer.

Overall I'm pretty excited about the win going into the bye week. I didn't expect to be 1-2 at this point (more like 2-1) but moving in a positive direction is always good.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Yes, Ryan Cook = Bright spot.

He did well under pressure.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Tahi looks best when he's standing on the sidelines.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Another sloppy game, but plenty of fun stuff too. The offensive line is playing well enough in the run game for AD to make plays. The defense played pretty well again. They've given up 41 points in 3 games I think. That's pretty good.

I'm hoping for better play after the bye though. Maybe the line will pick it up and the passing game will get on track. Long season still ahead.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

singersp wrote:
    Tahi looks best when he's standing on the sidelines.
    This.

I wasn't able to catch the fourth quarter, but from what I saw:

QB: B- TBH< I'm becoming less worried. Re-watching all his picks, it just seems like tough breaks more often than not. The one where his hand got hit isn't 100% on him, D made a good play. The Screen pass sucked. Favre's problem, is he throws to spots where he expects the receiver to be, however our receivers simply aren't there. Like the Lewis pick, they weren't on the same page. The Berrian pick last game, Favre threw back shoulder like he did to Rice all the time, but Berrian just wasn't expecting that.

RB: A Gerhart keeps this from being an A+. AP..... no need to say anything. Best back in football

WR: D+ Harvin brings this up, but other than that, they're just out of sync. I think they're contributing alot to the interceptions with terrible routes.

OL: D- They suck. Not going to elaborate on that.

TE: B 'Sauce had a nice grab where he didn't fall over, but other than that, nothing overly impressive. However, they didn't disappoint. hope Shank is fine.

DL: C+ Still not getting pressure without the blitz

LB: A- They're really stepping up this year, great with their coverage. Second most consistent group aside from the backs.

S: B+ Another impressive game from them. So far so good.

CBs: B+ Still playing pretty well. A couple picks (yes, one was Leber)

Coaching: C They're really holding us back. Penalties, poor playcalling at times, and just looking sloppy. Thank god for our bye week. They need it.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

I am happy about the win, but they need to do ALOT of house keeping over the bye week.
    The Oline has simply got to step up their game by a huge margin and the penalties have to stop.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

delviking wrote:
    Oline was alright
    WHAT? lmao
    El underdog.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast