Re: OFFICIAL VIKES vs LIONS POSTGAME DISCUSSION

KrackerJack wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    I said Favre, not me.
    Point being the play calling isn't all that bad. There is a play here and there that i disagree with. But it isn't the play calling that's killing the team. It's the non execution more than the play calling.
    x

You're like Helen Keller when it comes to football, aren't you?
    LOL. If I get what you are saying I think that's pretty funny. But I'd like to confirm. Are you trying to say I speak politically when it comes to football?
    I was going for the deaf, dumb and blind route, but your misreading of the joke affirms my beliefs, Helen.

Fire Childress
    And yet another new member who can't have an ounce of respect for any opinion but their own.
    Oh, settle down. I just don't use Smiley faces. Besides, I've called ejmat far worse.
    None

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Brick wrote:
    KrackerJack wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    I said Favre, not me.
    Point being the play calling isn't all that bad. There is a play here and there that i disagree with. But it isn't the play calling that's killing the team. It's the non execution more than the play calling.
    x

LOL. If I get what you are saying I think that's pretty funny. But I'd like to confirm. Are you trying to say I speak politically when it comes to football?
    I was going for the deaf, dumb and blind route, but your misreading of the joke affirms my beliefs, Helen.

Fire Childress
    And yet another new member who can't have an ounce of respect for any opinion but their own.
    Oh, settle down. I just don't use Smiley faces. Besides, I've called ejmat far worse.
    Hi, Conor. Welcome back.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    KrackerJack wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    I said Favre, not me.
    x

Fire Childress
    Hi, Conor. Welcome back.

=Z=

:kiss:

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Hi, Conor. Welcome back.
    So who's Conor?

Another esteemed alumni who jumped on the ban wagon?
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I agree Ned, the MIA game was the frustrating one! I was mostly happy with how we played the Saints, and we got the win we needed vs. DET.

Sure, sometimes several runs or passes in a row has merit...if your personel is getting the job done. Meaning, so far this season, with AP succeeding and the passing game failing more often than not, sometimes, we are better off running the ball, even in 2nd or 3rd and long situations.

How about a delayed handoff/draw play, with plenty receivers going deep to pull the defense to where they are expecting us to go, thus opening up running room underneath? Don't you like AP's chances of making a guy miss better than our WR's chances beating the coverage with the defense expecting a pass?

Or, after running the ball all the way down field, like we did vs. MIA, trying a lil play-action FAKE in the redzone to seal the deal!? After gaining 72 yards on rushes (actually, 10 were on screen passes to the RBs) don't you think the D would be willing to bite big on faking AP up the middle, rolling Favre out and looking deep for an outside WR or better yet, Shank down the seam?

What I'm asking for is a lil imagination, a bit of trickery if you will instead of the ole *said in Jon Wayne voice*: "we'll just put a hat on a hat and just out execute them," mentality. Today's NFL doesn't have very many teams that you are going to beat straight up like that often enough to win the games needed to secure at least some level of home-field advantage.

B)
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Brick wrote:
    I wonder who's buttons you've pushed worse?

I think my good friend EJ is right up there as possibly the top one. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

dfosterf is offline Coach

Do I have anything to worry about this week?

(IF) I make the assumption that my [strike]idiots Pukers [/strike]team doesn't commit 18 penalties?

mountainviking wrote:
    What I'm asking for is a lil imagination, a bit of trickery if you will instead of the ole *said in Jon Wayne voice*: "we'll just put a hat on a hat and just out execute them," mentality.
    B)
    Good post my friend. Just have one comment though......I don't think you need trickery to beat a team in the NFL these days, I think you just need to execute.

During the Lions game, I absolutely loved this series......

1st and 10 at DET 47 A.Peterson right guard to DET 36 for 11 yards (L.Delmas, C.Brown).
    1st and 10 at DET 36 A.Peterson up the middle to DET 31 for 5 yards (L.Delmas).
    2nd and 5 at DET 31 T.Gerhart right tackle to DET 26 for 5 yards (J.Peterson).
    1st and 10 at DET 26 A.Peterson left tackle to DET 21 for 5 yards (Sa.Hill).
    Might be boring, but it sure deflates the other team and eventually wears them down.

Can you imagine what that defense was thinking. First AD gashes them for 11 yards (Right G by the way), then he hits them for 5 more (Middle).

They then see Toby coming out in releif of AD and he gashes them for 5 hard yards (right Tackle) and then here comes AD again (Left T).

Ohhhh shit can be heard. Better bow up and get read for more runs and then Whammmmmm

2nd and 5 at DET 21 B.Favre pass short left to B.Berrian to DET 15 for 6 yards (J.Wade).
    1st and 10 at DET 15 (Shotgun) B.Favre pass short left to G.Lewis pushed ob at DET 7 for 8 yards (C.Brown).
    The Passing game comes into play. Now what the heck are they gonna do?

2nd and 2 at DET 7 A.Peterson up the middle to DET 6 for 1 yard (N.Suh).
    3rd and 1 at DET 6 A.Peterson right guard for 6 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
    Absolutely nothing. They couldn't stop the run before, why could they at the end.

Again.....Boring? I guess you could say that, but I will take boring stuff like that all day long over a trick play, that usually ends up in a turnover.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:
    mountainviking wrote:
    What I'm asking for is a lil imagination, a bit of trickery if you will instead of the ole *said in Jon Wayne voice*: "we'll just put a hat on a hat and just out execute them," mentality.
    B)
    Good post my friend. Just have one comment though......I don't think you need trickery to beat a team in the NFL these days, I think you just need to execute.

During the Lions game, I absolutely loved this series......

1st and 10 at DET 47 A.Peterson right guard to DET 36 for 11 yards (L.Delmas, C.Brown).
    1st and 10 at DET 36 A.Peterson up the middle to DET 31 for 5 yards (L.Delmas).
    2nd and 5 at DET 31 T.Gerhart right tackle to DET 26 for 5 yards (J.Peterson).
    1st and 10 at DET 26 A.Peterson left tackle to DET 21 for 5 yards (Sa.Hill).
    Might be boring, but it sure deflates the other team and eventually wears them down.

Can you imagine what that defense was thinking. First AD gashes them for 11 yards (Right G by the way), then he hits them for 5 more (Middle).

They then see Toby coming out in releif of AD and he gashes them for 5 hard yards (right Tackle) and then here comes AD again (Left T).

Ohhhh shit can be heard. Better bow up and get read for more runs and then Whammmmmm

2nd and 5 at DET 21 B.Favre pass short left to B.Berrian to DET 15 for 6 yards (J.Wade).
    1st and 10 at DET 15 (Shotgun) B.Favre pass short left to G.Lewis pushed ob at DET 7 for 8 yards (C.Brown).
    The Passing game comes into play. Now what the heck are they gonna do?

2nd and 2 at DET 7 A.Peterson up the middle to DET 6 for 1 yard (N.Suh).
    3rd and 1 at DET 6 A.Peterson right guard for 6 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
    Absolutely nothing. They couldn't stop the run before, why could they at the end.

Again.....Boring? I guess you could say that, but I will take boring stuff like that all day long over a trick play, that usually ends up in a turnover.
    Thats not boring, cuz Peterson is quite possibly the best RB in the NFL, and personally most fun to watch!

In fact, Thats exactly what I'm looking for. Our running game is working, lets lean on it more. Our passing game is struggling, so lets set it up better by running a bit more and mixing the pass in regularly, but sparingly.

I'll readily admit that AP has not done well with "trick" plays or the wildcat. But, for the most part, I'm not talking about APs success either, I am very happy with that (I'm thinking get him more touches!) nor getting too "tricky." Draws and Play-Action-Fakes are pretty basic wouldn't you say? I'm asking for a few more curve balls I guess...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot