Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: OFFICIAL VIKES vs LIONS POSTGAME DISCUSSION

I remembered now a weird stuff happened ending 1st half ,within our redzone and with 15 secs left,trailing by a TD and 2 times out left ,Lions HC left the time expired till 3 secs left to kick a lousy FG.Why the hell didnīt he make a try at our end-zone ,there was plenty time left to do it.

Did anyone realize too?
    El underdog.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

El Vikingo wrote:
    I remembered now a weird stuff happened ending 1st half ,within our redzone and with 15 secs left,trailing by a TD and 2 times out left ,Lions HC left the time expired till 3 secs left to kick a lousy FG.Why the hell didnīt he make a try at our end-zone ,there was plenty time left to do it.

Did anyone realize too?
    yup. Spike the ball, you get about 8-10 seconds left, time to run one play and still kick a FG.

I guess he just didn't have faith in Hill to not turn it over.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Looking back at the play by play, it was worse vs. Miami, but, We seem to start out with a good mix...couple a runs, couple a passes and so on...but then at some point get stuck in a rut.

Vs. DET, at 2:27 left in first half, we run once and then pass 6 plays in a row...leading to 30 yards and eventually a pressure induced interception. I understand the 2minute-drill, need to pass to stretch time, but with our personel, and what our offense is succeeding the most at, we are still better off giving AP at least some chances.

Vs. MIA, 4:18 left in first, 2 AP runs get us 5 and then 6 yards. Then we attempt 7 passes in a row for 31 yds resulting in a punt with just under a minute remaining...plenty of time for A Brees or P.Manning type!

Vs. MIA, 14:41 left in 4th Q, AP, AP, TG, TG, AP, screen to TG, AP, AP, screen to AP, Tahi, AP, AP, TG, sacked, Field Goal. We moved from the MIN 11 to the MIA 11 with 11 runs and 2 screen passes, but it was 2 rushes too many as we got stuffed twice and sacked on 3rd and long.

I'm not saying we're always predictable, but that we get that way sometimes, seemingly when it matters most.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

There's a thing called "mixing it up" and Childress apparently slept through that one in coach college.

He should just let Favre call the plays.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Infidel wrote:
    There's a thing called "mixing it up" and Childress apparently slept through that one in coach college.

He should just let Favre call the plays.
    If you think you can do any better, I invite you to submit your resume to
    9520 Viking Drive
    Eden Prairie, MN 55344
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

I said Favre, not me.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Infidel wrote:
    I said Favre, not me.
    Point being the play calling isn't all that bad. There is a play here and there that i disagree with. But it isn't the play calling that's killing the team. It's the non execution more than the play calling.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

mountainviking wrote:
    Looking back at the play by play, it was worse vs. Miami, but, We seem to start out with a good mix...couple a runs, couple a passes and so on...but then at some point get stuck in a rut.

Vs. DET, at 2:27 left in first half, we run once and then pass 6 plays in a row...leading to 30 yards and eventually a pressure induced interception. I understand the 2minute-drill, need to pass to stretch time, but with our personel, and what our offense is succeeding the most at, we are still better off giving AP at least some chances.

Vs. MIA, 4:18 left in first, 2 AP runs get us 5 and then 6 yards. Then we attempt 7 passes in a row for 31 yds resulting in a punt with just under a minute remaining...plenty of time for A Brees or P.Manning type!

Vs. MIA, 14:41 left in 4th Q, AP, AP, TG, TG, AP, screen to TG, AP, AP, screen to AP, Tahi, AP, AP, TG, sacked, Field Goal. We moved from the MIN 11 to the MIA 11 with 11 runs and 2 screen passes, but it was 2 rushes too many as we got stuffed twice and sacked on 3rd and long.

I'm not saying we're always predictable, but that we get that way sometimes, seemingly when it matters most.
    Steelers with 4:18 left in the first half, ran the ball twice, passed twice, ran once, and then passed six straight times to finish out the half.

New England went two consecutive 3 and out series with all passes. In fact over three series, they once had 8 straight passes.

At 12:39 in the third, the Rams passed six consecutive times.

Having one or two stretches in a game of multiple passes or runs is not uncommon, nor is it predictable. The predictable playcalling myth regarding Childress is just that - a myth. One that had some merit in Childress's first year, but has been baseless ever since. If you try hard enough you can find "predictable" patterns in every single football game, regardless of the coach. Of course, they are only predictable in retrospect, but that is beside the point...

I was not fond of the playcalling in the MIA game, but not because I thought it was predictable, more because it was ineffective. I was happy with the playcalling against Detroit.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Infidel wrote:
    Great pass, better catch!!!

Seriously, I noted a tendency in Favre yesterday to be DAMN sure he didn't underthrow anybody, and that is understandable.

And.....I have to laugh!

The Favre haters are getting desperate when they have to whine that his TD passes were not quite perfect enough.

ROFL!

LMAO! Good one! I'll have to remember that one for use later!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

El Vikingo wrote:
    triedandtruevikesfan wrote:
    I'm just so happy with finally getting a win. There were bad points to the game, but over all, I'm just looking for them to keep working on the negatives, they have two weeks to figure out a game plan for the Jets, meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy the feeling of a win.
    I donīt know but beating the Lions doesnīt just make me feel great anymore,It is a bit like calling the girl ,you know she is always ready to go to bed with you and ending up with her on bed,thereīs neither merit nor adrenaline in so.
    Thank God Stafford & a few of their other starters weren't playing!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast