Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

OFFICIAL VIKES vs LIONS POSTGAME DISCUSSION

Sloppy but I will take the win anyday.

Ugh...penalties. The only thing I hate more than losing, and turnovers is the dumb butt penalties.

Thank goodness we beat the Lions...again!

Let's get some rest and then slap the Jets!

Skol!!!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: OFFICIAL VIKES vs LIONS POSTGAME DISCUSSION

Why can't we just play the Lions week.

The penalties have to stop. No way we win against jets, patriots, cowboys with garbage like that happening. That is on the coaches.

Oline has to be better against those teams as well. Yes AP is sick, but Favre needs more time and needs to take less hits for us to actually turn this ship around.
    We're bringing purple back.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Thank god it was the Lions because we looked terrible again. Cant our coaches, umm, coach? AD was awesome, BB should be traded ASAP.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

we won. I'm happy
    Purple till i die

delviking is offline Starter

good win nice to see harvin getting more involved. Oline was alright cook played pretty well at center.

AP All day like it should be

Defense looked decent and some great picks to keep points off the boards nice to see griff and cook back.

Dibbzz is offline Starter

The positives:

*Defense holding to just 10 points; good job with the two pics
    *Adrian Peterson: What else can you say about him that's already been said. He's the only offensive player (besides maybe Percy Harvin) who showed up today.

The Negatives:

*Wide receivers: We need to get in sync. This is the third game of the season! No reason why we should be THIS sloppy this far into the season. We definitely have some work to do over the bye week. This is inexcusable. Period.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I thought our offensive line played great considering Sullivan went down early. Brett got hit but only a couple of times and for the most part was able to pick apart the defense and make the necessary throws. One thing I'd like to see more of after the bye week is more throws deep. I know a lot of people on here aren't a fan of Bernard Berrian but I for one think that during practice him and Favre need to get some reps in. I don't think Berrian is as bad as people like to believe, it's just that last year Sidney was the main go-to guy/safety blanket receiver. Now that he's out for half the year to me it seems like Brett does not have the confidence to throw it his way like he would to Sidney Rice. During the bye week those two definitely need to get on the same page since it's unlikely the front office will make a move for a top-tier wide-out.

Glad for the win, don't get me wrong, but we DEFINITELY have our work cut out for us if we're gonna make the playoffs.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Brett got hit but only a couple of times
    No, he got hammered many times again today and it's all on the offensive line.....Loadholt was the worst, but it's sad that Favre can so rarely try a long pass without getting slammed as he throws.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

I thought the offense showed signs in the passing game. We still sorely lack any type of deep threat that can catch but the ball was worked around better in the short yardage plays.

Greg Lewis sucks elephant balls. Why he is on the roster, well scratch that he is a former Eagle. At least he isn't paid like Berrian.

I'll give Baskett more than one game. It wasn't pretty but the guy went from living off of Kendra's tit to being called in to play pretty fast.

Percy was involved more today and seems to be getting himself back together. The hip is still a concern but we need more production like today from him.

Peterson is a beast. Really nothing left that we haven't said about him.

Gerhart looking like a wasted draft pick in my eyes. He is like the 6 foot 190 pound high school running back that runs over everyone until he lands in college and realizes he is no longer the baddest mofo on the field. The speed isn't there and he shows little burst through the hole. His size isn't that big of a factor for him like it was in college. He will have to bulk up more to win me over by next season. He could be a Mike Alstot type of back but he has to get stronger.

The defense still cannot get pressure but despite that they are producing. Great to see Griff and Cook back.

I have been bringing up the fact that we never really gave Cook a shot at center and I thought he did ok today. The problem is our pathetic and predictable lack of depth. With Loadholt looking awful and Cook replacing Sully it left us with NOBODY to put in and replace Phil. They would have had to shift the entire right side of the line to fix it (Anthony to center, Degrease at RG, Cook to RT).

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

I had to laugh when Gerhardt almost got outrun by that defensive lineman who intercepted that short pass.

Now he knows he's in the big time.

He seems too slow to make it.

Gotta like Camarillo.....he's no speedster, but he ends up in the right place a lot and he's smart.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

JeffSeimon is offline Starter

Yes,Farve was hit many times.He stood in their twice and took big shots in order to complete a 3rd down.The 2 deep throws were spot on,but neither completed.Berrian,for reasons only known to him,did a shuffle step while the ball was in the air.The one to Baskett was played perfect by their corner.Still,both were single coverage.Gotta get one of em'

Biggest problem-Loadholt.The guy can't handle speed.

Biggest suprise-Camarillo returning punts.I have bitched every since Chilly got rid of Reynaud.Maybe Camarillo can get the job done.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast