Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: OFFICIAL VIKES vs GIANTS POSTGAME DISCUSSION

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1083496
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1083494
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083468
    Quote Originally Posted by "Tad7" #1083364
    Save face? I'm not ashamed of being a T-Jack fan or anything I've said before regarding him.

I don't hate him. He sucked tonight. And it frustrated me.
    Hang in there big guy. One game doesn't prove anything. The whole offense sucked last night and it would have sucked with the Noodle in there.

Just let them have thier moment. They've been all waiting with baited/bated breath for it.
    +1

So much for the so-called fans that said they support our QB.

Hey, Marrdro, did you notice how so many were quick to bash TJ's play, which was warranted, but failed to even mention a pittance of a word about AD's poor play?

14 carries for 26, with one of them being for 7 yards.

Are you fucking kidding me?
    I couldn't see the game here last night. Tried to follow the action on the live chat. All I could follow was constant bitching about TJ. Judging by what I was reading I thought he was like 2 for 20 with 5 picks at half time. I couldn't really get any game action there so I went to NFL.com and saw he was around 12 for 17 with 1 pick at the time. I realize stats do not tell the story a lot of the time, but the hatred for TJ was unbelievable.
    Actually at one point he was I believe 9 for 10 with a bobbled incompletion by Rice for what would have been a TD.

The thing about fans who hate Jackson, even at 9 for 10, they'll bitch, moan & whine about the one pass that was incomplete.

They wait for that first mistake & then pounce.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1083489
    In the NFC north, going forward, you BETTER have a superior offensive line.

Bank that. I saw it coming three years ago, unfortunately I have been howling at the moon, mostly.

Not a serviceable line, not a good line, a GREAT line. We are ALL going to need that to be seriously competitive.
    Agree, but there are very few "Great" OLines out there. Most teams get by with Avg or above Avg.

Problem last night was we only had 3 fifths of our above avg OL out there against arguably one of the best pass rushing defenses in the league.

I long for the days when our defense could play like that. By the way, in the NFC North, I think its more important to have a "Great DL" my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Boy, how silly the fans look that claimed Favre would teach/mentor TJ some things.

Only once did it show him giving his 2 cents worth to the coach/TJ. The rest of the time he was too busy yaking it up with other players to be concerned at all about his team.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083487
    Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1083473
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083469
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Mk1" #1083408
    Well, now we know why Chilly and sent the guys to Mississippi in August to beg Favre to come back.

The people on here that can't see through their irrational, blind hatred of Favre because he played for Green Bay got what they wanted tonight. Favre didn't play, the streak ended and they got a good look at TJack. Its time for everyone to stop bringing up the fact that he played great in 1 game 2 seasons ago. He's had every opportunity in 5 years to become a starting QB (or even a decent backup) and has failed.

The Favre conspiracies have run out of steam. Its pretty clear that Favre wasn't holding the coaching staff hostage to his streak and it wasn't a directive from the Wilfs to keep him starting. The coaching staff sees TJack every day and thought that a 41 year old QB having his worst year as a pro, with a broken ankle and foot, elbow & shoulder tendonitis, stitches in his chin, a sinus infection and a serious shoulder injury still provided the team with the best chance to win. They were right. What does that say about TJack? Pretty obvious - he sucks!
    Do you really think the Noodle would have faired any better last night?

We got out coached, outplayed and just flat embarrassed by a team not only better than us, but better coached and better prepared.

If your gonna say TJ sucks after that game, what do you say about AD? How about our DL that gave up 100 yards to two RB's after the DB's shut down the passing game?

Go ahead, pile on TJ he played just as bad as the rest of them, but seriously, it still clear to me that we stuck with the Noodle through all those losses cause the Wilfs wanted to.
    I'd say more likely they stuck with him because they needed to ie the backup wasn't worth a light .... in TJ's case we don't have to stick with him after this season.
    I'm not ready to give up on TJ yet.

Anyone who watched that game saw a kid on fire and who was almost our only offense until he and AD whacked knees.
    I must have watched a different game

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083490
    My thoughts..........

TJ. Bad. Threw an INT and bobbled a bad snap (that he should have handled), over threw a wide open RB in a screen, and maybe could have tucked the ball when he was getting sacked all the time a bit better.

Good. Made good decisions with the ball for the most part. His passes were on target. Several dropped balls (one a sure TD) didn't help his cause. Before the bad knee he showed good escapability and when none of the WR's were open down field he threw it out of harms way.
    I'm curioius if you watched the same game we all did.

For the first drive, his throws were good... until they weren't. Overthrows all over the place. Overthrew Berrian multiple times, one to the corner that would have been a very nice throw, overthrown screens, overthrown deep balls, one was vintage TJ, and thrown 15 yards OB. He had more bad throws than good. Yes, there was pressure in his face all day, but that is because the Giants could blitz recklessly, knowing a) TJ will most likely not find the open receiver and b) if he finds him, he won't hit him accurately.

Also, when taking a sack, TUCK THE DAMN BALL! I'm surprised he hasn't fumbled yet. Chicago's gotta be licking their chops. They know if they can get a hand on TJ, all they have to do is smack that ball out and its a turnover.
    In the end, his stat line wasn't great but hell, look at AD's........Are we gonna shitcan him now as well?
    Wasn't great?
    I suppose that isn't false. Wanna know what else it wasn't? It wasn't good. It wasn't ok. It wasn't even barely acceptable. It was brutal. 50% for 118 and a pick? That's bad football any way you slice it. Hell, even Tad is admitting TJ played like crap and probably isn't the guy. If he's admitting it, that should be an indication.

For 4 years now we've been saying "he just needs a bit more time, its unfair to throw him out so early, I want to see him practice with the first team during the week" Well guess what, he got all of that. And he still played like garbage.
    OL. Worst game of the season IMHO. Damn I hate penalties by the OL. I can live with almost any other penality but those kill us, especially after TJ makes a nice throw on first down and gets us in 2nd and short.
    I can't argue with anything there. Penalties all over the place, missed blocks, bad reads, bad blitz pickups. Bad all-around.

One thing I never noticed, was how the backs did picking up blocks. I really don't want to go back and re-watch either, so any comments?
    RB's. I know the knee probably slowed him down but hell, were was AD early on before that? I liked what I saw out of our newest RB though. Nice return ability and a nice catch and run.
    AD was being hammered in the backfield all day. That's what happens when your QB doesn't even make the defense leave a safety deep. Nothing, 11 men within 10 yards of the LOS. Hard to run the ball that way.

Although I am really impressed with BOoker. After he took that first kickoff, I got a feeling he might break a long one, as all his returns were that close. Sure enough, he rips off a TD, only to be nullified by a boneheaded block by Brinkley, that wasn't even needed.

TE's. Did they even show up? Nope, I saw penalties on both Shanc and Sauce I believe so they must have been there.
    I saw a few nice catches. Shank on the sideline, I didn't know he had such nimble toes. But every good play was countered by a bad play it seems. Sometimes more than one bad play.

WR's. A couple of nice graps, but some easy drops as well.. El Syd, maybe TJ could have held it a fraction of a second longer giving you more flight time but damn, you live off of throws like that and BB, you could still be running if you would have caught that one.
    Agree. Also, on that Rice fade in the endzone. If TJ maybe puts that in a good location rather than making Rice dive to the ground in an endzone fade (normally fade's don't work like that) we're looking at a whole new ball game.

Berrian sucks.
    DB's. You guys get a pass. Heck, I don't even blame the S's for the 73yarder. Thats on our RDE and MLB. One of the few groups who came to play.
    Corners get a pass. Allen sucks in man coverage. Why they left him manned up in single coverage with no safety help is beyond me. We are lucky Eli put that ball out of reach, otherwise that's an easy 6.

And you don't blame the S's? Why do they get a pass? Yes, its the DL and LB's job to make sure the back doesn't get to the safeties, but guess what, it's going to happen. We need our Safeties to make a play if needed. What about hte other 3-4 long runs? do they get a pass too?

It was almost funny watching Madieu Williams try and tackle Jacobs. a) he got outrun by a 260 RB, b) he looked scared trying to get an angle on him, nevermind trying to tackle. That guy is trash, and needs a replacement next year.

LB's. As with the DB's. One of the few bright spots.
    if you consider letting up our first 200 yard rushing performance since 2005 bright, then yes, I suppose you're right.

DL. Most are giving you a pass and blaming the offense. How about getting off the field once in awhile? I think most will now realize this is one of our weak areas and not a strengtht anymore.
    In the first half, we dominated the TOP, second half, the other way around. The blame doesn't ONLY go on the DL, LB's and S's help.

I will give the safeties credit for one thing though. They helped make sure our D could get off the field quickly. Unfortunately it was usually after letting up a huge play.

our DL did have some great plays though. Some excellent jobs in run support on third downs when we needed to get the ball back. Pressures, and tackles for a loss. KW was all over the place. Unfortunately, 3 plays and a punt later, they're right back on the field. I suppose that's their fault we keep going 3-and out right?

ST's. Nothing to say here. Like the DB's and LB'rs they came to play.
    They played well. IMO the ONLY bright spot of the day
    Coaching. WOW.

Start with Frazier, move on to Bevs, get the DL coaches, fire the OL coaches, get rid of Theenimay (oh wait he's leaving). No one should be allowed to stay out of this group.

This team needed coaching last night and didn't have it.
    It really depends. Who will we get? If there's no well-established coach available, or willing to come here, fraizer might be our best bet.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1083498
    Quote Originally Posted by "Prophet" #1083491
    Game planning against the Vikings offense when Tarvaris is QB is effortless, stop AD and force Tarvaris to beat them in the air. That was the game plan when he made his first appearance against the Rams in his rookie year and it is the game plan five years later.

BULLSHIT!

We all know that TJ played bad last night, but there's no need to make shit up.

TJ debuted against the Rams in 2006. His rookie year. AD wasn't even drafted until 2007.

Nice try though.
    You are so literal. I don't try, I do.

Substitute running game for AD. It's no secret that every defense in the NFL since its inception stops the run and forces a rookie QB to go into the air because the rooks suck ass. The only problem is that Tarvaris is in his fifth year and it still works to put the rookie defense against him. He is pathetic when he is given the reigns as the starter. There is nothing there to prove otherwise, unless you want to go back to the infamous Arizona game two years ago.

AD sucked too, because the o-line sucked...and, oh yeah, they stacked the box on him because guess who was QBing. The infamous Tarvaris 'never will be' Jackson was the field general against a good D. It is painful to see him as QB. Call it hate or whatever you want. It's calling a spade a spade. He has had five years learning the EXACT SAME SYSTEM and he still reads a defense as well as an underaged sex-slaved whore can comprehend the ramblings of Leibniz.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Game planning against the Vikings offense when Tarvaris is QB is effortless, stop AD and force Tarvaris to beat them in the air. That was the game plan when he made his first appearance against the Rams in his rookie year and it is the game plan five years later. Anyone that thinks Tarvaris is a servicable option for a starting QB in the NFL is mentally challenged. The coaching staff and players, that see him play all the time, begged a delapitated old man to come back and play. Gus Frerrote looks like a hero in comparison to Tarvaris. Tarvaris is a joke in the QB slot when he is given the reigns.

You can rant about the o-line, yes, it has been struggling. But, Tarvaris' ability to read defenses and make good decisions is pathetic. Justifying his existence in the NFL can only be done by his mom, ah, and marrdro and singersp. Other than that, nobody would waste their time. Like I've mentioned before, Aaroon Brooks was to Jim Haslett as Tarvaris Jackson was to Brad Childress. Hopefully the Vikings can turn the corner now and get a QB like the Saints did.
    LOL, color me mentally challenged them my friend. He looked good when he could move around and avoid the rush/buy time for his recievers.

When he banged his knee/hurt his foot it all went south cause up until then he was the only offense.

That is a sad thing to say considering the talent we have at RB.

On a side note, glad to see ya posting again. Your presence has been missed. B)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Prophet" #1083506
    Game planning against the Vikings offense when Tarvaris is QB is effortless, stop AD and force Tarvaris to beat them in the air. That was the game plan when he made his first appearance against the Rams in his rookie year and it is the game plan five years later.

BULLSHIT!

TJ debuted against the Rams in 2006. His rookie year. AD wasn't even drafted until 2007.

Nice try though.

Substitute running game for AD. It's no secret that every defense in the NFL since its inception stops the run and forces a rookie QB to go into the air because the rooks suck ass. The only problem is that Tarvaris is in his fifth year and it still works to put the rookie defense against him. He is pathetic when he is given the reigns as the starter. There is nothing there to prove otherwise, unless you want to go back to the infamous Arizona game two years ago.

AD sucked too, because the o-line sucked...and, oh yeah, they stacked the box on him because guess who was QBing. The infamous Tarvaris 'never will be' Jackson was the field general against a good D. It is painful to see him as QB. Call it hate or whatever you want. It's calling a spade a spade. He has had five years learning the EXACT SAME SYSTEM and he still reads a defense as well as an underaged sex-slaved whore can comprehend the ramblings of Leibniz.
    +1 very well put!

Quote Originally Posted by "Prophet" #1083506

BULLSHIT!

Nice try though.

They stacked the box on AD even when Favre was QBing. That hasn't changed much in 4 years.

I still contend the game plan, when TJ was in there 4 years ago & yesterday, was to apply pressure & go after the young QB, rather than go after the RB & allow the QB to try & beat you in the air.

Most teams will always go after the rookie/less experienced QB.

If targeting the RB was the defenses game plan 4 years ago, we would have not seen the production we did out of AD.

AD exploits holes, he rarely creates them. Typically if he's hit at at behind the line, he's going down.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083468
    Quote Originally Posted by "Tad7" #1083364
    Save face? I'm not ashamed of being a T-Jack fan or anything I've said before regarding him.

I don't hate him. He sucked tonight. And it frustrated me.
    Hang in there big guy. One game doesn't prove anything. The whole offense sucked last night and it would have sucked with the Noodle in there.

Just let them have thier moment. They've been all waiting with baited/bated breath for it.
    As if you hadn't been waiting for Favre to play horribly after his stellar year last year.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast