Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50
  1. #41
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: OFFICIAL: Vikes vs. Chiefs PICTURE thread!

    "C" wrote:
    It's gotta be pretty humbling for Brett that Jackson came in and played lights out.
    Did someone say lights out?

    [img width=450 height=459]http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd55/roguesuicide/DeerInHeadlights.jpg[/img]

  2. #42
    Johnson14's Avatar
    Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,681

    Re: OFFICIAL: Vikes vs. Chiefs PICTURE thread!

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    It's gotta be pretty humbling for Brett that Jackson came in and played lights out.
    LOL.
    Yeah, I'm sure the 'ol gunslinger was talking into his chest after seeing his backup's backup perform well with backups and backups' backups facing him.
    You can swing it any way you want, but I'd bet Favre felt a little smaller after watching Jackson out there.

    Hell, even after Jackson's second TD, the camera showed Favre on the sideline shaking his head. He was slightly humbled.

    I know, Favre supporters who owned his jersey a month before he signed, it's tough to admit.
    And I bet Favre doesn't give a pooh.
    A 19-year-sure-Hall-of-Fame vet isn't humbled by the performance of a backup in a pre-season game.
    LOL!

    As to being a "Favre supporter", well, my vote in the "Do you want him here?" thread still shows "No."

    =Z=
    I'm with Zeus on this, anyone who thinks Brett would have been humbled by TJack throwing two TD's in a pre-season game needs their head-read!
    ;D

  3. #43
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: OFFICIAL: Vikes vs. Chiefs PICTURE thread!

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    It's gotta be pretty humbling for Brett that Jackson came in and played lights out.
    LOL.
    Yeah, I'm sure the 'ol gunslinger was talking into his chest after seeing his backup's backup perform well with backups and backups' backups facing him.


    =Z=
    LOL! There it is again. Fans assuming the minute Favre comes out, the Chiefs pulled their entire starting defense after 2 series. *chuckles*

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #44
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: OFFICIAL: Vikes vs. Chiefs PICTURE thread!

    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    It's gotta be pretty humbling for Brett that Jackson came in and played lights out.
    LOL.
    Yeah, I'm sure the 'ol gunslinger was talking into his chest after seeing his backup's backup perform well with backups and backups' backups facing him.
    You can swing it any way you want, but I'd bet Favre felt a little smaller after watching Jackson out there.

    Hell, even after Jackson's second TD, the camera showed Favre on the sideline shaking his head. He was slightly humbled.

    I know, Favre supporters who owned his jersey a month before he signed, it's tough to admit.
    And I bet Favre doesn't give a shit.
    A 19-year-sure-Hall-of-Fame vet isn't humbled by the performance of a backup in a pre-season game.
    LOL!

    As to being a "Favre supporter", well, my vote in the "Do you want him here?" thread still shows "No."

    =Z=
    And I also bet you're in deep denial if you don't think he felt humbled.

    (Yet the name on the back of your jersey says "Favre")
    Favre was not humbled.

    As far as the jersey, that's Zeus' ace in the hole. If he does well, he can say "See, I bought his jersey." If he fails, he can say, "See my post, I didn't want him here in the first place."

    He'll claim he bought it because he supports the Vikings. With that said, ask him where his Jackson, Cook & Tahi jersey's are.

    I support the Vikings also, but won't by a Favre jersey just because he's a Viking. I won't buy one because I didn't want Favre here & I'm not a fan of Favre.

    I'll buy one for a player I actually like. What a novel idea!




    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #45
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: OFFICIAL: Vikes vs. Chiefs PICTURE thread!

    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    It's gotta be pretty humbling for Brett that Jackson came in and played lights out.
    LOL.
    Yeah, I'm sure the 'ol gunslinger was talking into his chest after seeing his backup's backup perform well with backups and backups' backups facing him.
    You can swing it any way you want, but I'd bet Favre felt a little smaller after watching Jackson out there.

    Hell, even after Jackson's second TD, the camera showed Favre on the sideline shaking his head. He was slightly humbled.

    I know, Favre supporters who owned his jersey a month before he signed, it's tough to admit.
    And I bet Favre doesn't give a shit.
    A 19-year-sure-Hall-of-Fame vet isn't humbled by the performance of a backup in a pre-season game.
    LOL!

    As to being a "Favre supporter", well, my vote in the "Do you want him here?" thread still shows "No."
    And I also bet you're in deep denial if you don't think he felt humbled.

    (Yet the name on the back of your jersey says "Favre")
    Yes, the name on my $35, purchased from China 8 weeks ago just to piss off Sconnies for eternity jersey says Favre.
    I've also noted elsewhere that I will never wear it to a game.


    As to humbled, you're the one in denial if you think his ego can be affected by someone else's pre-season performance.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #46
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: OFFICIAL: Vikes vs. Chiefs PICTURE thread!

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    It's gotta be pretty humbling for Brett that Jackson came in and played lights out.
    LOL.
    Yeah, I'm sure the 'ol gunslinger was talking into his chest after seeing his backup's backup perform well with backups and backups' backups facing him.
    LOL! There it is again. Fans assuming the minute Favre comes out, the Chiefs pulled their entire starting defense after 2 series. *chuckles*
    Did I write that?
    Did I say anything of the sort?
    No.
    But the Chiefs didn't play their starters during the entire time that Tarvaris was in there.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #47
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: OFFICIAL: Vikes vs. Chiefs PICTURE thread!

    "singersp" wrote:
    As far as the jersey, that's Zeus' ace in the hole. If he does well, he can say "See, I bought his jersey." If he fails, he can say, "See my post, I didn't want him here in the first place."

    He'll claim he bought it because he supports the Vikings. With that said, ask him where his Jackson, Cook & Tahi jersey's are.

    I support the Vikings also, but won't by a Favre jersey just because he's a Viking. I won't buy one because I didn't want Favre here & I'm not a fan of Favre.

    I'll buy one for a player I actually like. What a novel idea!
    No, I will claim that I bought it to piss off Sconnies, as I have *always* said.

    I won't wear it to a game.
    I'll wear Peterson, Allen and McDaniel.
    Again, just as I have said here.

    I didn't want Favre here.
    But I have no control over whether or not he comes here.
    Now that he is here, I want him to succeed because it benefits my team.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #48
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: OFFICIAL: Vikes vs. Chiefs PICTURE thread!

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    As far as the jersey, that's Zeus' ace in the hole. If he does well, he can say "See, I bought his jersey." If he fails, he can say, "See my post, I didn't want him here in the first place."

    He'll claim he bought it because he supports the Vikings. With that said, ask him where his Jackson, Cook & Tahi jersey's are.

    I support the Vikings also, but won't by a Favre jersey just because he's a Viking. I won't buy one because I didn't want Favre here & I'm not a fan of Favre.

    I'll buy one for a player I actually like. What a novel idea!
    No, I will claim that I bought it to piss off Sconnies, as I have *always* said.

    I won't wear it to a game.
    I'll wear Peterson, Allen and McDaniel.
    Again, just as I have said here.

    I didn't want Favre here.
    But I have no control over whether or not he comes here.
    Now that he is here, I want him to succeed because it benefits my team.


    =Z=
    I think anyone with a dash of reason could agree with that statement.

  9. #49
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: OFFICIAL: Vikes vs. Chiefs PICTURE thread!

    "singersp" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=52863.msg987759#msg987759 date=1251225879]
    It's gotta be pretty humbling for Brett that Jackson came in and played lights out.
    LOL.
    Yeah, I'm sure the 'ol gunslinger was talking into his chest after seeing his backup's backup perform well with backups and backups' backups facing him.
    You can swing it any way you want, but I'd bet Favre felt a little smaller after watching Jackson out there.

    Hell, even after Jackson's second TD, the camera showed Favre on the sideline shaking his head. He was slightly humbled.

    I know, Favre supporters who owned his jersey a month before he signed, it's tough to admit.
    And I bet Favre doesn't give a shit.
    A 19-year-sure-Hall-of-Fame vet isn't humbled by the performance of a backup in a pre-season game.
    LOL!

    As to being a "Favre supporter", well, my vote in the "Do you want him here?" thread still shows "No."

    =Z=
    And I also bet you're in deep denial if you don't think he felt humbled.

    (Yet the name on the back of your jersey says "Favre")
    Favre was not humbled.

    As far as the jersey, that's Zeus' ace in the hole. If he does well, he can say "See, I bought his jersey." If he fails, he can say, "See my post, I didn't want him here in the first place."

    He'll claim he bought it because he supports the Vikings. With that said, ask him where his Jackson, Cook & Tahi jersey's are.


    I support the Vikings also, but won't by a Favre jersey just because he's a Viking. I won't buy one because I didn't want Favre here & I'm not a fan of Favre.

    I'll buy one for a player I actually like. What a novel idea!




    [/quote]

    welll, considering Jackson might not start ever again, and Cook and Tahi jerseys aren't available from china, thats not something I can hold against him.

  10. #50
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: OFFICIAL: Vikes vs. Chiefs PICTURE thread!

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    It's gotta be pretty humbling for Brett that Jackson came in and played lights out.
    LOL.
    Yeah, I'm sure the 'ol gunslinger was talking into his chest after seeing his backup's backup perform well with backups and backups' backups facing him.
    You can swing it any way you want, but I'd bet Favre felt a little smaller after watching Jackson out there.

    Hell, even after Jackson's second TD, the camera showed Favre on the sideline shaking his head. He was slightly humbled.

    I know, Favre supporters who owned his jersey a month before he signed, it's tough to admit.
    And I bet Favre doesn't give a pooh.
    A 19-year-sure-Hall-of-Fame vet isn't humbled by the performance of a backup in a pre-season game.
    LOL!

    As to being a "Favre supporter", well, my vote in the "Do you want him here?" thread still shows "No."

    =Z=
    We all know whose supporter you're sniffin', Sage jr. !


    I don't think Favre was even paying attention. He did briefly applaud one touchdown. He clapped two or three times, then turned back to his conversation with Hutch. or whomever he was conversing with.

    Favre has no reason for concern.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. OFFICIAL: Vikings vs. Pukers Picture thread!!
    By Formo in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10-20-2009, 03:46 PM
  2. OFFICIAL Vikings-Iggles tailgate PICTURE thread!
    By Formo in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 02-08-2009, 03:17 PM
  3. The Official Vikings vs Colts Tailgate Picture Thread
    By Formo in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 06:58 AM
  4. Official Vikes vs. Skins in DC Thread
    By NeumDog in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-19-2006, 03:36 AM
  5. Official Member Picture Thread!
    By GQVikesfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 03-16-2005, 04:57 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •