Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    LIVike is offline Starter

Re: OFFICIAL VIKES vs BEARS POSTGAME DISCUSSION

That was bad. I'm going to look at it as I was paid $46 to see a slaughter. Very few good, a lot of bad.

I do liker Booker returning kickoffs.

Webb did basically as I expected him to, had a nice td and a nice pass to camarillo. Then made a bunch of rookie mistakes.

D line was useless and when they did get pressure they didn't do anything with it. Cutler always had the middle open on third down.

Defensive special teams was a joke. Everyone knows Hester is dangerous yet we still kicked it to him.

On a side note waiting for four hours for the game to start and sitting through the game was a great experience.
    None

Purple Mk1 is offline Rookie

Webb is clearly a rookie with A LOT of learning to do to play QB in the NFL. He made some good plays and of course, he made some bad throws and was overmatched in his first real NFL experience playing a motivated Bears defense that game-planned for him all week. I'm happier with him in there compared to TJack. TJack did OK in relief, but usually didn't have much luck when teams knew he was going to be playing and rarely looked as composed and comfortable in the pocket as Webb did tonight (even after 5 years in the league).

I don't want to go overboard or jump on the Webb bandwagon (if there is one) after only 1 game, but he did much better than I expected tonight and if Favre did sustain a concussion, we'll be seeing him up against Vick next Sunday night. Hopefully some of the players missing in action the last two weeks (like the secondary, WRs and O-line) will show up next week.

With some more time and study he may turn into an NFL QB, but Webb likely isn't the QB of the future and it remains to be seen if he'll even be a QB next year. Of course, the VIkings have to draft a franchise-type QB with the top 10 pick they'll have in the next year. That is unless they continue the 2 decade-long trend and pickup an old, washed up QB cast off like McNabb or Palmer. I sure hope they've looked around the division and recognized that this strategy isn't going to work anymore as the other 3 teams do have franchise QBs.

RoneG is offline Training Camp

Re: OFFICIAL VIES vs BEARS POSTGAME DISCUSSION

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1085007
    Quote Originally Posted by "RoneG" #1085005
    Quote Originally Posted by "Culpepper_4717" #1084999
    LOL @ the fans that were booing Kluwe for punting it out of bounds.
    I think they were booing him cuz of his Twitter rants
    More fan stupidity.

He was spot on with his comments on Twitter.

Well now on KFAN I'm hearing a lot of fans that were there say the stadium was overun with Bears fans, who were booing. Who knows?

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Webb is a rookie and not ready for prime time. He had two int and a fumble and another one or two int's that were negated by penalties. Personally I think he is a better wide receiver or half back. Also it should be noted that cold weather and icy fields are not an advantage to any players. Chicago beat us not because they are a better cold weather team. They beat us because they are simply a better team period. I kind of hope they give Ramsey a shot next week and put Webb back to the position he was drafted for.

WWBGD

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Mckinnie needs to go. We can pay someone one tenth of what Mckinnie makes for someone to get abused by a rookie and get your QB killed.

That had to have been EJ's worst game i have seen him play in years. He made 1 play all night, took terrible angles and looked lost out there.

M Williams is garbage; plain and simple.

The Eagles are gonna put up 70+ points on us next week.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1085001
    Quote Originally Posted by "Culpepper_4717" #1084999
    LOL @ the fans that were booing Kluwe for punting it out of bounds.
    Incredible stupidity of football fans demonstrated.

They can't comprehend basic strategies.

They learned, I suspect.....but probably too stupid to remember.

Not to mention throwing snowballs at our players. WTF's up with that?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by "seaniemck7" #1085024

That had to have been EJ's worst game i have seen him play in years. He made 1 play all night, took terrible angles and looked lost out there.
    EJ had 5 tackles & 3 assists last night, which was second most on the team. He had more than Leber or Greenway.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1085027
    Quote Originally Posted by "seaniemck7" #1085024

EJ had 5 tackles & 3 assists last night, which was second most on the team. He had more than Leber or Greenway.
    He had at least two tackles for a loss on run plays where he knifed his way through the line and smoked the RB. I actually thought he was the only guy on Def for a while.

Ya, he got beat on that TD pass.

The game is kind of a blur, if he was making blunders out there, I didn't notice.

Favre shouldn't have been out there playing.

It should be clear to all by now that no QB, not Favre, not TJ, not Webb, will have much success behind that O-line.

31 sacks given up in 14 games.

Sullivan: (Marrdro's boy) 14th game this season & he's still snapping the ball high & wide of the QB. (Although, last week, that was called the QB's inability to handle the snap. I wonder if those same people will maintain that same sentiment? My guess is "no".)

Harvin: Nice TD run after catching that pass on the LOS.

Shiancoe: What's up with all the penalties lately? 14? WTF?

Booker: Continues to impress on returns.

Webb: Beauty of a TD run. A few nice passes. Certainly not ready to start at QB.

OL: Still failing to provide protection on a consistent basis. Unless we are going to run the ball 100% of the time, the huge bookends that are McKinnie & Loadholt aren't going to get it done.

We need a new OL scheme. The current scheme failed miserably & continues to disappoint after 5 years of trying to fix it.

Defense: Needs overhaul at DB & safety positions.

Special teams (when we kick): atrocious

We need to get rid of the majority of the coaches we have & get personnel in here that can actually coach the players. Time for those who were hired because they were Childress' buddies to go.

Top-notch coaches need to be hired at all the major coaching positions. I don't feel, at least at this point, that Frazier is our guy going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1084998
    God that was a miserable game.

RB: B- My...........God...........Gerhart......... Is..........So...........Slow And nice fumbles, thanks. Whith the holes ther ein the first half, AP would have had 70+ yards alone on a few carries. Hurry and get better AP, we need you.
    I thought he did fine. There's nothing wrong with a 4.8 yard per carry game. No, he's not as fast as AD & wasn't ever expected to be a speedy RB when we drafted him.

Now while AD may have gotten more yards on some of those carries, there was also some of those nice runs by Gerhart that would have been minus yards or no gain for AD. A lot of AD's moves would have been "iced" by the field conditions.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast