Re: OFFICIAL VIKES vs BEARS POSTGAME DISCUSSION

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085118
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1085112
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085070
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1085064
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085058
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1085055
    QB: Favre started out well.
    You must mean Toby started out well and Percy took a short dumpoff to the house.

No way you can claim the Noodle did anything well. Hell, he threw back to back INT's at one point. Sure one came back for a penalty (free play), but damn if he would have got it to the reciever it would have been a TD.
    The one was a free play, and that is WHY it was just thrown downfield. The other was tipped at the line. Christ, if it was TJack making those throws, you would be celebrating his decision to try and go deep and blaming the OL for the tip.

Let's try and keep it somewhere near the field of reality. Favre did start out well. However after the second series it went downhill.
    My post was reality. On a free play you take a shot down field. That shot should make it to the wide open reciever. That one came up short (again). If it woudn't have been short it would have been a TD....Thats reality.

The second one he threw right into the defender standing 2 yards in front of him for goodness sake. Again, reality.
    Your posts are never reality. They are filled with hate.
    So hate made the throw come up short? Hate made him throw it right into the defender standing in front of him?

You lost me.
    Last week it was everyones fault but TJ when he threw short passes and now Favre does it and it is his fault. This is just getting fucking tiring.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085127
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1085125
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085082
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1085079
    You must mean Toby started out well and Percy took a short dumpoff to the house.

No way you can claim the Noodle did anything well. Hell, he threw back to back INT's at one point. Sure one came back for a penalty (free play), but damn if he would have got it to the reciever it would have been a TD.
    The one was a free play, and that is WHY it was just thrown downfield. The other was tipped at the line. Christ, if it was TJack making those throws, you would be celebrating his decision to try and go deep and blaming the OL for the tip.

Let's try and keep it somewhere near the field of reality. Favre did start out well. However after the second series it went downhill.
    My post was reality. On a free play you take a shot down field. That shot should make it to the wide open reciever. That one came up short (again). If it woudn't have been short it would have been a TD....Thats reality.

The second one he threw right into the defender standing 2 yards in front of him for goodness sake. Again, reality.
    I don't know what's worse. The people here who blame Favre for everything, or the people who blame him for nothing. Both groups are equally as rediculous.
    I don't know what's worse, people who take one criticism of a player like the Noodle and then claim that one little poke is attempt to blame everything on him or the guys who refuse to see that the guys does make mistakes.
    Oh please. Not even Infidel has said Favre makes no mistakes. Get a clue.
    Yea right.
    Links? Quotes? That is fact.

Last night was disappointing, but not unexpected. The entire season seems to be a little off kilter.

Injured QBs, damaged home field, last minute venue changes, etc. etc. etc..

The OL seems confused, uncertain. Maybe Birk was right and ZB is not for this roster of personnel. Technique was horrible last night.

DL seems undisciplined. No gap control, each man seems to have his own agenda. Poor coaching.

Then again I'm just a fan.....a frustrated fan, but obviously not a football expert. Just another opinionated fan.:whistle:

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Interesting that the Neanderthals attacked Kluwe so hatefully.

Yet Kluwe was exactly right. The frozen field DID cause a concussion.

Luckily, it was not as bad as it could have been, although Favre is probably out for the season because of it.

Of course, Favre should not have been playing, but it seems the bosses cannot resist using the Favre name to promote their games.

We've had some good comments here today.

At this point I can add that I'm a little surprised that I've seen so much talk about Toby and so little about Booker.

I say this because Booker actually looks to have more ability than Toby.....especially since he hasn't had that much time to work with the offense.

Also, Webb should be getting more praise.

He came in and played well with hardly any pass protection.

Of course, when the Bears opened a huge lead on the Hester kick returns.....Webb was at a huge disadvantage because he had to pass almost all the time and the Bears knew it.

But he kept his poise and he did well. I hope the guy who tried to take him out with a helmet to helmet hit gets a big fine today.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Marr oh Marr where has your sense of reality gone?

You always talk about a team game, yet you've spent 7 pages in this thread "discussing" mostly ONE player who didn't even finish the 1st quarter and was mostly a non factor due to limited play time (granted he was responsible for half our team's offensive offensive production in that limited play). Why is it always about ripping down Favre and praising Tarvaris Jackson with you? Why must you focus so much attention on praising one lackluster QB and ripping another lackluster QB? We can all see that no Vikings QB succeeded this year. It is what it is. Let it go.

And please...if you ever use another excuse for Tarvaris Jackson's craptacular play this year, or why he should be back next season, PLEASE do not say we didn't give the kid enough time...PLEASE. Unless you are trying to be funny... in that case, well played my friend.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1085136

It was the Bears fans around us that were booing Kluwe. They wanted him to punt to Hester again. Of course not actually being at the game you wouldn't know that so I won't hold your bold, hateful comment against you.

The frozen field did not cause a concussion. Favre having bolth arms tied to his sides with this head slammed directly into the turf caused the concussion. Would have happened at MOA field too. You could tell after the game during his presser that he wasn't right in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1085138
    Marr oh Marr where has your sense of reality gone?

You always talk about a team game, yet you've spent 7 pages in this thread "discussing" mostly ONE player who didn't even finish the 1st quarter and was mostly a non factor due to limited play time (granted he was responsible for half our team's offensive offensive production in that limited play). Why is it always about ripping down Favre and praising Tarvaris Jackson with you? Why must you focus so much attention on praising one lackluster QB and ripping another lackluster QB? We can all see that no Vikings QB succeeded this year. It is what it is. Let it go.

And please...if you ever use another excuse for Tarvaris Jackson's craptacular play this year, or why he should be back next season, PLEASE do not say we didn't give the kid enough time...PLEASE. Unless you are trying to be funny... in that case, well played my friend.
    He actually apologized and explained earlier.

Favre has "irked" him and he can't control himself.

Irked.

Well, there you have a tiny word to explain months of childish behavior.

Go figure.

--John Wooden

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1085141
    Well, there you have a tiny word to explain months of childish behavior.
    Like you've been around here long enough to know about my behavior. Get a clue and then get back to me.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1085123
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1085079

I don't know what's worse. The people here who blame Favre for everything, or the people who blame him for nothing. Both groups are equally as rediculous.
    Wishing a man to be out with an injury is MUCH worse.
    Were did I do that? Be carefull how you respond or I will dig up a few posts back when Tahi went down.

Very few responded to my comments on those posts my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1085140
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1085136

It was the Bears fans around us that were booing Kluwe. They wanted him to punt to Hester again. Of course not actually being at the game you wouldn't know that so I won't hold your bold, hateful comment against you.

The frozen field did not cause a concussion. Favre having bolth arms tied to his sides with this head slammed directly into the turf caused the concussion. Would have happened at MOA field too. You could tell after the game during his presser that he wasn't right in the head.
    You're wrong on two counts.

It wasn't just the booing (although some of it was undoubtedly ignorant Vikings fans).

No, it was the booing plus attacks in the media, blogs and even here on this very forum (that I don't imagine you will try to blame on Bears fans).

Second, you're wrong about the concussion. I've seen Favre get thrown like that on other fields and he got right up.

The frozen turf, being like concrete (just as Kluwe said) caused the concussion.

You are correct in questioning the tackle, though.....a penalty should have been called when Favre was thrown to the frozen turf in a way that made a head injury likely.
    --John Wooden

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast