Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: OFFICIAL VIKES vs BEARS POSTGAME DISCUSSION

Infidel wrote:
    Nice to agree with my friend Mardro once in a while.

"Above expectations" can mean a lot of things, but our secondary deserves more credit than they've been getting for their recent efforts.

I still don't remember the details of Insane's other pick, though......are you saying they were both tipped right to him?
    Now your just trying to crack me up.....

I agree with you on alot of things. Doesn't mean I am not gonna ask you a followup question or two (or four) just to keep the discussion going.

It is, after all, a discussion site. Not a hate on each other site.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    HEY wrote:
    Abdullah's first interception was from a tipped pass, but I wouldn't call it "just luck". It's about being ready for everything and bringing that extra effort.

Abdullah's second interception was a nice read in the end-zone. He displayed good hands and coverage skills.

That was not the only good plays Abdullah made that day. For instance, Abdullah almost had a third interception in one play where it looked like he baited the quarterback, if only the ball hadn't been under-thrown.
    You've brought your "A" game today my friend.

One thing though......I still don't see why everyone gives the guy (in this case Insane) the credit when it really goes back to Lito making a heck of a play.

Same thing goes for a guy who picks up a fumble and runs it in for a TD. He gets the credit, but the LB who made the hit/caused the fumble gets nothing.

Something I always held against Sharper. He got alot of credit, especially last year, for picking off tipped balls and the CB's got nothing.
    Good point, Marrdro!
    If it wasn't for the guy who made the fumble/deflection, the other guy who recovered/intercepted would not have had the chance to do so. Not the other way around.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

HEY wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    HEY wrote:
    Abdullah's first interception was from a tipped pass, but I wouldn't call it "just luck". It's about being ready for everything and bringing that extra effort.

Abdullah's second interception was a nice read in the end-zone. He displayed good hands and coverage skills.

That was not the only good plays Abdullah made that day. For instance, Abdullah almost had a third interception in one play where it looked like he baited the quarterback, if only the ball hadn't been under-thrown.
    You've brought your "A" game today my friend.

One thing though......I still don't see why everyone gives the guy (in this case Insane) the credit when it really goes back to Lito making a heck of a play.

Same thing goes for a guy who picks up a fumble and runs it in for a TD. He gets the credit, but the LB who made the hit/caused the fumble gets nothing.

Something I always held against Sharper. He got alot of credit, especially last year, for picking off tipped balls and the CB's got nothing.
    Good point, Marrdro!
    If it wasn't for the guy who made the fumble/deflection, the other guy who recovered/intercepted would not have had the chance to do so. Not the other way around.
    You could even break it down a bit further and say that if Insane wasn't holding back in his zone and was being a bit more agressive, he would have been out of position and wouldn't have been were he was, thusly getting the tipped ball.

In the end, right or wrong, good or bad, if you stay in the scheme, good things will happen if everyone does the same thing.

Let one guy start to free lance a bit, and, in most cases, bad things will happen.

Man its a great game isn't it? B)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Team played like pooh...couple of nice moments...lost in overall poohiness of pooh.

Fire Childress.

Fire Mark Wilf.

Caine

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    Holzberg wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jrjohn wrote:
    You won't have any trouble getting rid of your tickets next week Packer fans will "gobble" them up
    Used to be the only thing that the "Vikings Fans" did that I didn't like.

Now it is just one of many.
    Liek the Dallas game? It sounded like there were more Dallas fans in the stadium than Vikings fans (yes, I was there).

And don't worry Marrdro... there is no way Brett is coming back next year. I bet TJ will be your next noodle.
    you reckon the new HC will keep him on then ? :woohoo:
    I don't think he (if there is a new one) will get the chance.

Most will scoff, but the state of the NFL at the QB position is so bad right now, one of several teams will give him a deal he and his agent will be happy with.
    I would be shocked if Tarvaris Jackson is wearing Viking purple next year.
    Agree.

Mostly for two reasons......

1. Fan support. This year is a mess. Already seeing wishy washy fans saying they won't buy tickets next year. If they elect to keep the Chiller, and run TJ out there, blackouts will ensue.

2. Draft. Looks like we could draft high enough to land one of the top QB prospects. Might be a PR driven selection to go with one of them. Again, see item 1.

In no way does it change my opinion on TJ. I still think he is gonna be a damn good QB in this league. To bad he was put in a bad situation early and often by this staff and to have a fan base that doesn't understand that concept.
    Don't ignore the fact that he is an Unrestricted Free Agent. He has no obligation to come back here and the Vikings have no control over it.

If someone has ass-fucked you for 2 years, do you really want to go back for more?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    Holzberg wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jrjohn wrote:
    You won't have any trouble getting rid of your tickets next week Packer fans will "gobble" them up

Liek the Dallas game? It sounded like there were more Dallas fans in the stadium than Vikings fans (yes, I was there).

And don't worry Marrdro... there is no way Brett is coming back next year. I bet TJ will be your next noodle.

Most will scoff, but the state of the NFL at the QB position is so bad right now, one of several teams will give him a deal he and his agent will be happy with.

=Z=
    Agree.

1. Fan support. This year is a mess. Already seeing wishy washy fans saying they won't buy tickets next year. If they elect to keep the Chiller, and run TJ out there, blackouts will ensue.

2. Draft. Looks like we could draft high enough to land one of the top QB prospects. Might be a PR driven selection to go with one of them. Again, see item 1.

In no way does it change my opinion on TJ. I still think he is gonna be a damn good QB in this league. To bad he was put in a bad situation early and often by this staff and to have a fan base that doesn't understand that concept.
    Judging fans?

I guess only you understand the concept.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

singersp wrote:
    On the bright side......

We won't have to trade up in the draft to get a top 10 pick.

Looks like a pretty good plan to get our #1 QB, since McNabb just signed a 5-yr extension with the Deadskins.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

singersp wrote:
    On the bright side......

thats assuming Chilly doesn't want the FO to trade down out of that top pick or simply just want to piss it away like he did with our 3rd round pick for Moss.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    Holzberg wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jrjohn wrote:

Agree.

Don't ignore the fact that he is an Unrestricted Free Agent. He has no obligation to come back here and the Vikings have no control over it.

If someone has ass-fucked you for 2 years, do you really want to go back for more?

=Z=
    So you're saying you broke it off after two years?

:woohoo:

AngloVike wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    On the bright side......

thats assuming Chilly doesn't want the FO to trade down out of that top pick or simply just want to piss it away like he did with our 3rd round pick for Moss.
    I would venture to say that Chilly will simply "pass" on the first round because nobody would expect a diabolical move such as that...and would definitely take teams by surprise. It all kind of ties into the KAO- hold the Kick Ass.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast