Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    smegmavike is online now Coordinator
    Probably the worst offensive play calling of the year by Musgrave.
    In the past Ponder would mix in a few plays that suggested he could eventually be good. There wasn't much promise shown the last two games. He's even starting to miss the short, wide open passes.
    It would be difficult to pass up Luck or Griff lll with that first pick if available.

This team has gone from NFC championship contender, to waste of time, in two short years.

Pathetic.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Marshall Marshall Marshall ... our secondary is going to make Grossman and Hanie look like pro-bowlers. However, they're both INT prone so we do have an outside shot of ending our NFL record 9 game streak without a pick. On a related note, JA would've already broke the sack record if our secondary could cover anyone longer than 2-3 seconds.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Marshall Marshall Marshall ... our secondary is going to make Grossman and Hanie look like pro-bowlers. However, they're both INT prone so we do have an outside shot of ending our NFL record 9 game streak without a pick. On a related note, JA would've already broke the sack record if our secondary could cover anyone longer than 2-3 seconds.
    2-3 seconds?

They do not cover anyone until after the catch ... if that.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    I don't know what everyone expected us to do against a very good team with a rookie QB, one receiver, no O-line and a secondary where we're playing our 6'th and 7'th corners ....... thank God we got to watch JA. And this to shall pass......
    I may be in the minority, but I like what aromashadu has done with us. He's made some tightrope catches this season, and has had minimal bad drops. I think he's enough to ask for out of a #2 or #3 WR. With Percy in the slot, we just need a big play, deep threat and our WR corps would be extremely respectable. So I saying we have 1.75 WR at the moment.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Probably the worst offensive play calling of the year by Musgrave.
    In the past Ponder would mix in a few plays that suggested he could eventually be good. There wasn't much promise shown the last two games. He's even starting to miss the short, wide open passes.
    It would be difficult to pass up Luck or Griff lll with that first pick if available.

This team has gone from NFC championship contender, to waste of time, in two short years.

Pathetic.
    I don't blame Ponder, really. His feet are not settling, and he's missing those throws. His feet won't settle because he probably is having a hard time deciding whether to throw it or run, fearing someone is about to knock his lights out. Kinda like Cutler when the Bears Oline was especially bad, this form and accuracy dipped. Give him a little time, and he'll light it up. Only difference is Cutler had a few years under his belt, so he was less skiddish of a hit than Ponder is, i bet.

Towards the end of the game, when NO wasn't rushing as hard, Ponder had time and made some good throws, especially that tight one to aroma. It wasn't one of Ponder's best games, but when an opponent can only rush 4 guys and still have little to no impedence to the QB, there's nowhere to throw the ball. Not Ponder's fault at all.

And for God's sake, if Loadholt gets another false start penalty, I will drive to Minnesota and slap him myself... (better save up for that gas money)
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

acman1 is offline Rookie
    I didn't watch, but was Cedric Griffin involved in this game at all? I saw the crazy numbers brees put up and figured he had to have been in the game. What I really want to know is why did he waste the money on the knee surgeries when he could have been just as effective playing with the 2 torn acl's.

MossMems is offline Rookie
    Ponder looked like a scared kid back there. The INTs last week scared him into throwing the ball no where near anyone. Sully gets a huge pay day so the rest of the Oline takes the day off. Robison and Kwill are worthless. No pressure from out front 4 with our DB's and im surprised NO didnt score 75. At least the Packers lost.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    by far Ponders worst game as far as effectiveness goes. At least when he was throwing 2 and 3 pick games he was moving the ball. most of the way through the third quarter, Brees had 411 yards, Ponder had 18. Yes, One-Eight. Simply unacceptable. Most of his 120 total yards came in garbage time with the Saints in prevent D.

I like Minnesotas gameplan though. No, not their plays, but playing Ponder. This way they are playing for that #1 overall spot without actually appearing to throw games. Genius!

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Cool

Most of you should have LOWERED your expectations this year. Did anyone think that the "Purple Sieve" would be any better this year? And the moniker can be applied to both the secondary and Offensive Line, take your pick(s). lol
    Unless certain issues are addressed, Vikings will be awful again next year. Be forewarned of your own expectations.
    Last edited by TheAnimal93; 12-19-2011 at 01:02 AM. Reason: typo

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimal93 View Post
    Most of you should have LOWERED your expectations this year. Did anyone think that the "Purple Sieve" would be any better this year? And the moniker can be applied to both the secondary and Offensive Line, take your pick(s). lol
    Unless certain issues are addressed, Vikings will be awful again next year. Be forewarned of your own expectations.
    Ah, but those who projected even as low as 6-10 were labeled as "negative nancy". Hell, 6-10 would be looking pretty good right about now.

My thought was anywhere from 5-10 to 9-7. I'm not surprised by our record, but I am surprised by our QB play. Hopefully with a real offseason, Ponder can grow into a very good player, but he needs a TON of work. I'm fairly certain TJ would be more effective for us. No joke.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast