Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Helmut OFFICIAL Vikes v Saints Post game thread

I'd like to congratulate the OL for their usual sterling performance which helped us to a total 207 yds of offense.
    Also good to see another record set by this years team with the first 6 game losing streak since 1984.
    Congrats Coach Frazier and his dedicated staff for helping us to achieve this. I'm sure our owner is immensely proud of you all and looking forward to being the laughing stock of the NFC North and perhaps the league, after all there are still games to go yet.

For those who keep saying that about how many games we've lost by a small margin this season, I just hope you didn't have a meltdown trying to work out the points differential this week on your fingers.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    I was on the blackmon bandwagon. Officially on Kalil now. We NEED to get him

Our line if they aren't creating penelties they are letting our RBS and QBs get killed

Um it's sad when your best corner Asher goes out with injury. I take that back Sapp is actually solid I love him so damn much. Gets his hands on the ball unlike anyone else. Raymond should start from here on out no matter what.

4 minutes left in the game and the only person I see flying over piles in Jared Allen. Team needs some heart. Frazier was probably sitting there looking more confused then Childress.

Musgrave, Stop trying to be cute. I realize we don't have any good players. But get back to the x's and o's

Pudge. Needs to go. 3-4 with Singletary please

P

rednorsk is offline Rookie
    What a disgrace!!!

It looked like Allen was the only one on the team that bgave a damn. If Sullivan is worth 25 million for 5 years Allen is worth 25 Million per game. The team and the coaching staff have absolutely no pride at all.
    None

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

After Game Talk: Minniman and Reignman

Minniman: Fans told Wilf NOT TO EXTEND the Childress contact. How could Wilf not know how much players hated Childress? How could Wilf not know that the Vikings offense rolled only because Favre called the plays via the audible? Wilf is either a fool or just not football savvy.

Reignman: I thought we had Frazier? lol I know he's exactly like childress so I understand the confusion.

There should be a fire Frazier chant going on.

Minniman: The Vikings extended the contract to Childress affected the signing of Frazier and of firing Frazier. Why would Wilf sign Frazier ... part of the Childress regime ... and keep so many coaches of a failed era?

Players liked Frazier because he is such a good guy, but the team needs more than a good guy; they need a good coach.

Reignman: I think he would fire frazier normally, but he's still paying the Childress contract so we might be stuck with this crap for another season.

The vikings need to stop hiring these unknown inexperienced "soft" guys and bring in a ball buster with experience for a change.

Minniman: Yeah, Wilf has paid a lot of people a lot of cash to be s***age.

Note to the Wilf bros ... you bite at football opperations ... get a real GM.

Reignman: I'm tired of this quitter attitude chilly and frazier have had, kneeling before half, running draws on 3rd long, always trying to run up the middle on 4th n short, this cover 0 defense ... it's all soft and tiresome.

Minniman: Soft, lackluster, ... does not dictate the game. Passive football is loser football.

Reignman: a guy that will come in and give AP 25 touches and get PH more involved. They're world class athletes, they don't need 6 plays off after every play they run.

PH returns every kick to mid field and every other for a TD, so frazier only lets him return 1 per game? are you kidding me? do the bears do that with hester?

... and hey lets take our weapons out on every 3rd down and put in the scrubs, it's only the most important play.

Minniman: It is foolery. AD doesn't block well, so that may be it.

Here is the deal ... giving AP touches makes no difference in the NFL. Let me explain .... Like the Randy ratio, it is foolish to force the ball into one player. AD will get his carries if the Vikings run a good offense. Sustained drives and scoring will bring the touches. Handing the ball off to him on 70% of first downs will do nothing good.

AD is a Walsh style offense would be wicked great. But ... Vikings run a high school offense with some oh-so-tricky blazer formation plays ... that fool no one.

Reignman: lol yeah, well when you got a high school HC that's going to happen.

Minniman: Frazier interview: he says that he thought the Vikings would get some turnovers because the Saints turned the ball over more on the road. WHAT!??? He did not believe the Vikings actually had to force the turnovers ... they would just magically come? Good grief.

Reignman: lol, it wouldn't surprise me if Frazier thought that way, I guess he didn't take into consideration OUR defense NEVER gets any TO's.

Minniman: Not any picks since AZ game.

Reignman: although they did GIVE us 2 TO's today.

Minniman: Hard to get picks playing five yards off.

Oh yeah! They did get a couple! I guess it was magic.

Reignman: fitting, Ponder had no TO the entire game, but it ends on a garbage pick.

Minniman: What many coaches do not understand is that a FG is really a -1 on the scoreboard.

Reignman: it's a -4 when you play a team like the saints who score TD's on every drive lol.

Minniman: Consider that a team has a limited number of possessions. Scoring a TD every other possession inside the red zone would be 7 points each 2 drives inside the red. Two FG's is 6 points. Playing for the FG is a losers goal. It was with Childress, and it is with Frazier.

Good teams play for the TD. They play for the TD, gameplan for the TD, ... call plays for the TD.

Reignman: well the thing I hate about chilly and frazier is they start playing for the FG on 3rd down already, they get all conservative on 3rd down, or I should say as soon as they get in FG range, "lets be safe".

Minniman: Yeah, and then the FG gets missed, or even if hit is a letdown.

Minniman: Frazier may be back, but I hope his coaches are not. He needs to bring in new blood. he needs to bring in some top guys.

Reignman: it wouldn't surprise me 1 bit if he's fired after this loss, it's ok to lose, but when your team starts getting embarrassed like this at home(3:36pm)

Minniman: They camp. Anyone who has played wargames or knows tactics know that camping is a losing position.

Reignman: this was the 2nd most embarrassing viking game I've ever watched, the '00 NFCC vs the Giants was #1.

Statistically this game was very similar to that one.

Minniman: I do not want another interim coach. The Vikings should watch Frazier over the final two games, and then decide. I do not see anything good here, but some good coaches have started with bad teams. In any case, the Vikings need to fire Spielman.

Reignman: you know it's bad when you go into a game and just hope the other team doesn't put up 50 or throw for 500, and those aren't exaggerations with this secondary.

If we don't beat the Bears and Caleb Haney in the final game at home, Frazier needs to be fired.

Minniman: Yeah .... Bears are in a tailspin.

Minniman: Vikings need to bring in the best cornerbacks they can find.

Reignman: yeah that Oline and secondary should be top priority, and this gawd awful scheme needs to go NOW!

Minniman: The John Madden philosophy (the man ... not the game) is : a winning team needs a great QB ... without one, nothing else matters (usually). An offense needs to be built from the offensive line out. Great linemen are harder to get than running backs. On defense, build from the corners in.

Now, there are freaks that can be game changers, but Randy Moss in his prime does nothing without a line as good as the one the Vikings had back then.

Minniman: None of the Vikings are game one rookies anymore. They have 3/4 a season under their belt. Jared Allen has it right, it is time to stop saying these players are rookies and use that to explain how poorly the team has played.
    Last edited by Minniman; 12-18-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Vikings NFL record ... NINE games without an interception on defense.

(shakes head) Wow, just too sad.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Well everyone knew we sucked, but now we've reached the dreaded low of embarrassment. I haven't been this embarrassed after a Viking game since we lost the '00 championship game 41-0 to the Giants.

We were owned in every facet of the game. At 1 point the first downs were 32 to 5, the TOP was 31 to 15, and in the 4th quarter the passing yards were 412 to 0. Yeah we actually had 0 total yards passing after the Ponder sack in the 4th. WOW! I thought the 39 McBounce put up in the opener was a joke, but there was actually a point when the thought crossed my mind that we could finish the game with negative yards passing. If it weren't for garbage time we probably would've.

Frazier is a fucking joke (period). We might as well have kept Childress because Frazier is the dumber version of Childress. This is exactly how I would expect a team to look if they just picked some random guy off the street to coach. It's been a pathetic, cruel, miserable experiment and it just won't end fast enough. Embarrassing, truly embarrassing.

And I knew we didn't have a ball hawking secondary, but I had no idea it was this bad ... another dubious record set by the Vikings today. NFL record 9th consecutive games without an INT. Combine that with the fact that we're the 2nd worst team in terms of opponents completion percent at 69.1%. Only the Colts are worse at 71.4%. And opponents have a combined 107.1 passer rating vs us. Seriously why do teams even bother trying to run when they play us? Oh I know, because we can't even stop that anymore.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Lol Minniman, I see you meant an actual cut/paste of chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Lol Minniman, I see you meant an actual cut/paste of chat.
    Some of it, as I said. Why post it twice?

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Well everyone knew we sucked, but now we've reached the dreaded low of embarrassment. I haven't been this embarrassed after a Viking game since we lost the '00 championship game 41-0 to the Giants.

We were owned in every facet of the game. At 1 point the first downs were 32 to 5, the TOP was 31 to 15, and in the 4th quarter the passing yards were 412 to 0. Yeah we actually had 0 total yards passing after the Ponder sack in the 4th. WOW! I thought the 39 McBounce put up in the opener was a joke, but there was actually a point when the thought crossed my mind that we could finish the game with negative yards passing. If it weren't for garbage time we probably would've.

Frazier is a fucking joke (period). We might as well have kept Childress because Frazier is the dumber version of Childress. This is exactly how I would expect a team to look if they just picked some random guy off the street to coach. It's been a pathetic, cruel, miserable experiment and it just won't end fast enough. Embarrassing, truly embarrassing.

And I knew we didn't have a ball hawking secondary, but I had no idea it was this bad ... another dubious record set by the Vikings today. NFL record 9th consecutive games without an INT. Combine that with the fact that we're the 2nd worst team in terms of opponents completion percent at 69.1%. Only the Colts are worse at 71.4%. And opponents have a combined 107.1 passer rating vs us. Seriously why do teams even bother trying to run when they play us? Oh I know, because we can't even stop that anymore.
    come down off the ledge reignman
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Well everyone knew we sucked, but now we've reached the dreaded low of embarrassment.
    The Saints are a good team so it still remains to be seen if we hit the lowest of lows and get crushed by the redskins or the bears lead by Caleb Hanie. If the team continues to look this woeful, lost and indifferent to the competition maybe Frazier will resign at the end of the season.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast