Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 419
  1. #101
    Jilly's Avatar
    Jilly is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,048

    Re: OFFICIAL Vikes-Ravens Preseason Game Tailgate Thread

    As far as hotels go, if you are looking for convenience I’d recommend staying at any hotel in or near the Inner Harbor. Not only would you be a short walking distance to the stadium, but the Inner Harbor is a cute touristy area that has plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops to keep you entertained.
    Down side is, it can be a bit pricey.

    If you are just looking for a decent place for a decent price without worrying whether your vehicle will be there in the morning, I recommend the Linthicum Heights area near the BWI airport. My hubby works at the DSS Academy which is across the street from many of the hotels listed below. This is where they have their out of town students stay so many of the quests in these places are military, DOD civilians, and contractors. It is a nice quiet area but you won’t find any restaurants or bars, just typical fast food places. Good thing about this area is that you are only 7.5 miles from the stadium.

    Hope this helps.

    http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=htwv&from=m&stat=1&khst=2&locn=BWI& ploc=BWI&sort=4&rdct=1&e3miss=1&e3cause=Sort-&semcid=13172-1&eapid=13172-1&kword=BWI%20airport%20hotels&&zz=1214609712297 &


  2. #102
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: OFFICIAL Vikes-Ravens Preseason Game Tailgate Thread

    "VikingMD" wrote:
    As far as hotels go, if you are looking for convenience I’d recommend staying at any hotel in or near the Inner Harbor. Not only would you be a short walking distance to the stadium, but the Inner Harbor is a cute touristy area that has plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops to keep you entertained.
    Down side is, it can be a bit pricey.

    If you are just looking for a decent place for a decent price without worrying whether your vehicle will be there in the morning, I recommend the Linthicum Heights area near the BWI airport. My hubby works at the DSS Academy which is across the street from many of the hotels listed below. This is where they have their out of town students stay so many of the quests in these places are military, DOD civilians, and contractors. It is a nice quiet area but you won’t find any restaurants or bars, just typical fast food places. Good thing about this area is that you are only 7.5 miles from the stadium.

    Hope this helps.

    http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=htwv&from=m&stat=1&khst=2&locn=BWI& ploc=BWI&sort=4&rdct=1&e3miss=1&e3cause=Sort-&semcid=13172-1&eapid=13172-1&kword=BWI%20airport%20hotels&&zz=1214609712297 &

    I have stayed at that Red Roof multiple times there and it is not that bad.

  3. #103
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: OFFICIAL Vikes-Ravens Preseason Game Tailgate Thread

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMD" wrote:
    Attending:

    Cajunvike
    KevinK
    Ned
    NordicDavid son of Ned ;D
    Dcboard +3
    VikingMD
    Mr VikingMD
    Marrdro
    Wildman
    Bleedpurple
    Marstc09
    FedjeViking


    Anyone picked a hotel yet that all of us out-of-towners can gather at/in?
    I won't be happy until I have my room reservations...... ;D
    I am probably just going to stay at my buddys place.

  4. #104
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: OFFICIAL Vikes-Ravens Preseason Game Tailgate Thread

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMD" wrote:
    Attending:

    Cajunvike
    KevinK
    Ned
    NordicDavid son of Ned ;D
    Dcboard +3
    VikingMD
    Mr VikingMD
    Marrdro
    Wildman
    Bleedpurple
    Marstc09
    FedjeViking


    Anyone picked a hotel yet that all of us out-of-towners can gather at/in?

    I won't be happy until I have my room reservations...... ;D
    im too poor to afford a hotel, we are leaving right after the game for home, so no hotel party >

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  5. #105
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: OFFICIAL Vikes-Ravens Preseason Game Tailgate Thread

    Well if no one is coming in the night before, or staying the night after the game, it is only a 3.5 hour drive for me up, and 3.5 for Wildman back.
    ;D

    JK.
    Again, I am easy, someone just needs to let me know thier preference.
    I for one would prefer a hotel in walking distance though.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #106
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re: OFFICIAL Vikes-Ravens Preseason Game Tailgate Thread

    Well,









    Looks like me and David are going to make an adventure out of this trip,

    I was checking out Amtrak and for around $214 we get round trip on the coach out of Hartford to the airport/train termninal thats only a short drive to the stadium and inner harbor area...I already looked at some hotels and the holiday inn looks to fit the bill, close the the stadium and has a shuttle service from the train station, to and from the hotel..


    Kevin still wants to drive, I guess for his freedom to maybe go site seeing and hit some clubs, and I don't blame him one bit.
    I still have to talk to him more and hopefully he will still stay at the hotel with me and David....Kevin, I'll even flip the bill for the room...




    If I'm going to do all this, I plan to go down early the day before the game and just hang out with David and look around, we will for sure spend time in the hotel pool..David just loves to swim, and so do I....




    We would arive in Balt around 12:30pm
    acording to the Amtrak sched..


    so we have the whole night also.
    Any and All PPO memebers are free to hook up with us at the hotel we end up at.






    Gameday is just that,
    tailgateing and game and Post Game Party...



    And for guys like dc,
    dc, you could always stay with us, we can always toss a mattress on the floor for those who want to drive home the next day and need a place to crash.....










    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  7. #107
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: OFFICIAL Vikes-Ravens Preseason Game Tailgate Thread

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    Well,









    Looks like me and David are going to make an adventure out of this trip,

    I was checking out Amtrak and for around $214 we get round trip on the coach out of Hartford to the airport/train termninal thats only a short drive to the stadium and inner harbor area...I already looked at some hotels and the holiday inn looks to fit the bill, close the the stadium and has a shuttle service from the train station, to and from the hotel..


    Kevin still wants to drive, I guess for his freedom to maybe go site seeing and hit some clubs, and I don't blame him one bit.
    I still have to talk to him more and hopefully he will still stay at the hotel with me and David....Kevin, I'll even flip the bill for the room...




    If I'm going to do all this, I plan to go down early the day before the game and just hang out with David and look around, we will for sure spend time in the hotel pool..David just loves to swim, and so do I....




    We would arive in Balt around 12:30pm
    acording to the Amtrak sched..


    so we have the whole night also.
    Any and All PPO memebers are free to hook up with us at the hotel we end up at.






    Gameday is just that,
    tailgateing and game and Post Game Party...



    And for guys like dc,
    dc, you could always stay with us, we can always toss a mattress on the floor for those who want to drive home the next day and need a place to crash.....





    Let me check it out.

    How do you plan on getting to the game?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #108
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: OFFICIAL Vikes-Ravens Preseason Game Tailgate Thread

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Well if no one is coming in the night before, or staying the night after the game, it is only a 3.5 hour drive for me up, and 3.5 for Wildman back.

    ;D

    JK.
    Again, I am easy, someone just needs to let me know thier preference.
    I for one would prefer a hotel in walking distance though.
    Be prepared to pay over $200 a night

  9. #109
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: OFFICIAL Vikes-Ravens Preseason Game Tailgate Thread

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    Well,









    Looks like me and David are going to make an adventure out of this trip,

    I was checking out Amtrak and for around $214 we get round trip on the coach out of Hartford to the airport/train termninal thats only a short drive to the stadium and inner harbor area...I already looked at some hotels and the holiday inn looks to fit the bill, close the the stadium and has a shuttle service from the train station, to and from the hotel..


    Kevin still wants to drive, I guess for his freedom to maybe go site seeing and hit some clubs, and I don't blame him one bit.
    I still have to talk to him more and hopefully he will still stay at the hotel with me and David....Kevin, I'll even flip the bill for the room...




    If I'm going to do all this, I plan to go down early the day before the game and just hang out with David and look around, we will for sure spend time in the hotel pool..David just loves to swim, and so do I....




    We would arive in Balt around 12:30pm
    acording to the Amtrak sched..


    so we have the whole night also.
    Any and All PPO memebers are free to hook up with us at the hotel we end up at.






    Gameday is just that,
    tailgateing and game and Post Game Party...



    And for guys like dc,
    dc, you could always stay with us, we can always toss a mattress on the floor for those who want to drive home the next day and need a place to crash.....





    Let me check it out.

    How do you plan on getting to the game?
    I can pick up people. I will have a rental car that should fit about 5 people including me.

    Should I get the pimp van again Ned? LOL!

  10. #110
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: OFFICIAL Vikes-Ravens Preseason Game Tailgate Thread

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    Well,









    Looks like me and David are going to make an adventure out of this trip,

    I was checking out Amtrak and for around $214 we get round trip on the coach out of Hartford to the airport/train termninal thats only a short drive to the stadium and inner harbor area...I already looked at some hotels and the holiday inn looks to fit the bill, close the the stadium and has a shuttle service from the train station, to and from the hotel..


    Kevin still wants to drive, I guess for his freedom to maybe go site seeing and hit some clubs, and I don't blame him one bit.
    I still have to talk to him more and hopefully he will still stay at the hotel with me and David....Kevin, I'll even flip the bill for the room...




    If I'm going to do all this, I plan to go down early the day before the game and just hang out with David and look around, we will for sure spend time in the hotel pool..David just loves to swim, and so do I....




    We would arive in Balt around 12:30pm
    acording to the Amtrak sched..


    so we have the whole night also.
    Any and All PPO memebers are free to hook up with us at the hotel we end up at.






    Gameday is just that,
    tailgateing and game and Post Game Party...



    And for guys like dc,
    dc, you could always stay with us, we can always toss a mattress on the floor for those who want to drive home the next day and need a place to crash.....








    thanks for the offer ned, if it was just me coming down id definetly hit u up for that offer, but 3 of my friends are coming down for the game also. So ill have to pass

    We will most like be arriving early too, prolly around noon-2, somewhere around there so we can meet up and chill for a little before tailgating

    Does anyone know when we have to give the cash for the tickets, or are we just paying when we get down there?


    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. *** OFFICIAL Vikes-Packers Tailgate Thread ***
    By Zeus in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-22-2010, 12:20 PM
  2. *** OFFICIAL PPO Ravens Tailgate Thread ***
    By Zeus in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 02:58 PM
  3. OFFICIAL Vikings vs. Steelers Preseason Game Tailgate Thread
    By BadlandsVikings in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 08:32 AM
  4. OFFICIAL Vikings vs. Seahawks Preseason Game Tailgate Thread
    By marstc09 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 07:45 AM
  5. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 09-14-2006, 08:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •