Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Jilly is offline Coach

Re: OFFICIAL Vikes-Ravens Preseason Game Tailgate Thread

As far as hotels go, if you are looking for convenience I’d recommend staying at any hotel in or near the Inner Harbor. Not only would you be a short walking distance to the stadium, but the Inner Harbor is a cute touristy area that has plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops to keep you entertained.
    Down side is, it can be a bit pricey.

If you are just looking for a decent place for a decent price without worrying whether your vehicle will be there in the morning, I recommend the Linthicum Heights area near the BWI airport. My hubby works at the DSS Academy which is across the street from many of the hotels listed below. This is where they have their out of town students stay so many of the quests in these places are military, DOD civilians, and contractors. It is a nice quiet area but you won’t find any restaurants or bars, just typical fast food places. Good thing about this area is that you are only 7.5 miles from the stadium.

Hope this helps.

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=htwv&from=m&stat=1&khst=2&locn=BWI& ploc=BWI&sort=4&rdct=1&e3miss=1&e3cause=Sort-&semcid=13172-1&eapid=13172-1&kword=BWI%20airport%20hotels&&zz=1214609712297 &

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingMD" wrote:
    As far as hotels go, if you are looking for convenience I’d recommend staying at any hotel in or near the Inner Harbor. Not only would you be a short walking distance to the stadium, but the Inner Harbor is a cute touristy area that has plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops to keep you entertained.
    Down side is, it can be a bit pricey.

If you are just looking for a decent place for a decent price without worrying whether your vehicle will be there in the morning, I recommend the Linthicum Heights area near the BWI airport. My hubby works at the DSS Academy which is across the street from many of the hotels listed below. This is where they have their out of town students stay so many of the quests in these places are military, DOD civilians, and contractors. It is a nice quiet area but you won’t find any restaurants or bars, just typical fast food places. Good thing about this area is that you are only 7.5 miles from the stadium.

Hope this helps.

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=htwv&from=m&stat=1&khst=2&locn=BWI& ploc=BWI&sort=4&rdct=1&e3miss=1&e3cause=Sort-&semcid=13172-1&eapid=13172-1&kword=BWI%20airport%20hotels&&zz=1214609712297 &

I have stayed at that Red Roof multiple times there and it is not that bad.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMD" wrote:
    Attending:

Cajunvike
    KevinK
    Ned
    NordicDavid son of Ned ;D
    Dcboard +3
    VikingMD
    Mr VikingMD
    Marrdro
    Wildman
    Bleedpurple
    Marstc09
    FedjeViking

Anyone picked a hotel yet that all of us out-of-towners can gather at/in?
    I won't be happy until I have my room reservations...... ;D
    I am probably just going to stay at my buddys place.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMD" wrote:
    Attending:

Cajunvike
    KevinK
    Ned
    NordicDavid son of Ned ;D
    Dcboard +3
    VikingMD
    Mr VikingMD
    Marrdro
    Wildman
    Bleedpurple
    Marstc09
    FedjeViking

Anyone picked a hotel yet that all of us out-of-towners can gather at/in?

I won't be happy until I have my room reservations...... ;D
    im too poor to afford a hotel, we are leaving right after the game for home, so no hotel party >

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Well if no one is coming in the night before, or staying the night after the game, it is only a 3.5 hour drive for me up, and 3.5 for Wildman back.
    ;D

JK.
    Again, I am easy, someone just needs to let me know thier preference.
    I for one would prefer a hotel in walking distance though.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Well,

Looks like me and David are going to make an adventure out of this trip,

I was checking out Amtrak and for around $214 we get round trip on the coach out of Hartford to the airport/train termninal thats only a short drive to the stadium and inner harbor area...I already looked at some hotels and the holiday inn looks to fit the bill, close the the stadium and has a shuttle service from the train station, to and from the hotel..

Kevin still wants to drive, I guess for his freedom to maybe go site seeing and hit some clubs, and I don't blame him one bit.
    I still have to talk to him more and hopefully he will still stay at the hotel with me and David....Kevin, I'll even flip the bill for the room...

If I'm going to do all this, I plan to go down early the day before the game and just hang out with David and look around, we will for sure spend time in the hotel pool..David just loves to swim, and so do I....

We would arive in Balt around 12:30pm
    acording to the Amtrak sched..

so we have the whole night also.
    Any and All PPO memebers are free to hook up with us at the hotel we end up at.

Gameday is just that,
    tailgateing and game and Post Game Party...

And for guys like dc,
    dc, you could always stay with us, we can always toss a mattress on the floor for those who want to drive home the next day and need a place to crash.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NordicNed" wrote:
    Well,

I was checking out Amtrak and for around $214 we get round trip on the coach out of Hartford to the airport/train termninal thats only a short drive to the stadium and inner harbor area...I already looked at some hotels and the holiday inn looks to fit the bill, close the the stadium and has a shuttle service from the train station, to and from the hotel..

Kevin still wants to drive, I guess for his freedom to maybe go site seeing and hit some clubs, and I don't blame him one bit.
    I still have to talk to him more and hopefully he will still stay at the hotel with me and David....Kevin, I'll even flip the bill for the room...

If I'm going to do all this, I plan to go down early the day before the game and just hang out with David and look around, we will for sure spend time in the hotel pool..David just loves to swim, and so do I....

Gameday is just that,

And for guys like dc,
    dc, you could always stay with us, we can always toss a mattress on the floor for those who want to drive home the next day and need a place to crash.....

Let me check it out.

How do you plan on getting to the game?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Well if no one is coming in the night before, or staying the night after the game, it is only a 3.5 hour drive for me up, and 3.5 for Wildman back.

;D

JK.
    Again, I am easy, someone just needs to let me know thier preference.
    I for one would prefer a hotel in walking distance though.
    Be prepared to pay over $200 a night

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    Well,

Gameday is just that,

And for guys like dc,

Let me check it out.

How do you plan on getting to the game?
    I can pick up people. I will have a rental car that should fit about 5 people including me.

Should I get the pimp van again Ned? LOL!

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"NordicNed" wrote:
    Well,

Gameday is just that,

And for guys like dc,

thanks for the offer ned, if it was just me coming down id definetly hit u up for that offer, but 3 of my friends are coming down for the game also. So ill have to pass

We will most like be arriving early too, prolly around noon-2, somewhere around there so we can meet up and chill for a little before tailgating

Does anyone know when we have to give the cash for the tickets, or are we just paying when we get down there?

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast