Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    On offense the team is starting to figure out their identity. The biggest bright spot on the OL is Fusco. I saw him do so many good things over the past few games that I am really sold on him. Last year Herrera and Hutch were a liability and they made the rest of the line look worse. This year the Guards are both much better and that makes the whole line better. I even saw Loadholt out there 5 yards deep looking to lay the wood on a defender.
    Excellent post my friend. One discussion point. Do you think they seem to do fine if they call 3 or 4 pass plays in a row, or 3 or 4 run plays in a row, but struggle when they shift back and forth between the two?

I think they are having a bit of an issue in that area but love the way the middle 3 are working together. Seems to allow the T's to focus just on their guy which makes them better as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I don't think we even threw a pass down the LOS, which we normally throw a few of every game. I also loved the aggressiveness on offense! Finally!
    I counted 2 of them that were complete (AD 2 yards/Rudy 5 yards) I think there was another one to a RB (or FB/HB) that was incomplete. Can' remember for sure. Box score will tell.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I am still trying to figure out who kidnapped the entire coaching staff and roster and replaced them with these guys because they are not your fathers(or even older brothers) Vikings.
    Thats what I'm saying. DAMN....

Who would have thought that the coach who claimed ownership to a secondary worse than ours last year would have such an impact on this group and do it by getting production from players most on here thought were crap.

Nothing finer than watching a team play like a team my friend. Nothing finer.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Our secondary is light years ahead of where it has been. Not speaking athletically, but they seem to know where they should be on every play. In the past many years, most of the secondary looked confused. A lot of players out of position. Not anymore. Everyone looks sure of themselves. Guys are in the right position to make plays on a regular basis.
    It is hard to believe the D line is playing as well as they are without a 320# tackle out there.I am a firm believer in the "war pig" in the middle, but they are doing the job without it. I don't know if they could make a run in the playoffs without a Jerry Ball, but who knows.
    Its amazing how great our DB's and LBrs look when they aren't all up on the DL helping out the bigs my friend.

Even without the Warpig the rotation thing is coming around. I'm not sure who gets the most credit....D-coord or the new (old) DL coach who actually seems to have plays crafted for every situation. As I said in my post, the play call that set up JA's sack was a thing of beauty.

As to the Warpig. Guion has been a surprise. We might just have the cat I wanted and we just needed the coach on the staff to get him ready to perform.....

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Its amazing how great our DB's and LBrs look when they aren't all up on the DL helping out the bigs my friend.

Even without the Warpig the rotation thing is coming around. I'm not sure who gets the most credit....D-coord or the new (old) DL coach who actually seems to have plays crafted for every situation. As I said in my post, the play call that set up JA's sack was a thing of beauty.

As to the Warpig. Guion has been a surprise. We might just have the cat I wanted and we just needed the coach on the staff to get him ready to perform.....
    It's also great when playing a team like the Titans. The defense played great, but man, this Titan's team has a long ways to go get competitive.

The DL rotation was heavier than I have seen in earlier games, which I like, they are a smaller, more athletic group that needs high energy. KW and JA took off a lot of plays. Robison seemed to be the only one that played most of the game, although he was replaced by Griffin a few times as well. I saw Griffin play both DE positions as well as DT, I would guess this is the heaviest action he has seen this season. Loved their run defense, CJ once again was non-existent.

I know you really don't want to concede this point, but the secondary is much better than last year. And maybe the DL play is looking better because they are getting better support from the secondary. Either way, one feeds off the other.

The TD throw for the Titans was due to Brinkley screwing up his coverage. All he had to do was turn around and give a difficult throwing lane for Hasselbeck and that play doesn't happen. He is still very uncomfortable in any play that has him going backwards, but I love watching him come forward.

This team is gaining a lot of confidence which goes along ways in playing well.

Good to see they unleashed Ponder a bit more in this game. Great game to do it, when our defense was pitching a shutout. He did have a number of questionable passes and decisions, but I liked the way he stayed after it (and the coaches) and was able to see some success in a more vertical game. Loved his pass to Percy down the sideline and the TD to Rudy. Damned near felt like a pre-season game where they were trying out a bunch of things they have been wanting to do.

I think the coaches called this game right on both sides of the ball. Thank you Tennessee for playing along.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post

I know you really don't want to concede this point, but the secondary is much better than last year. And maybe the DL play is looking better because they are getting better support from the secondary. Either way, one feeds off the other.
    Please please please please please don't take my comments about how much I love the new look D-line take away from what is going on in the back end.

I think/thought I've been pretty clear and vocal about how much I love the S's. Best group on one team I've seen in a long time, let alone on a Vikings team. I think it will be hard to keep all of them together. By the way, I said last week that we hadn't seen enough of Blanton, .....I still haven't, but yesterday was a very nice surprise. You see were he landed in Tackles yesterday....Second behind Chad.

Cook and Rob have been wonderful. Seeing alot of the "Press Zone" or "Zone Press" (however you want to call it this year that I thought we would see last year. Again, I think Cook is the wild card in that. What surprises me is that they allowed Josh to take top recievers at times, like they did with Britt yesterday, by himself.

All I'm trying to say is that now that the DL is also playing up to, or beyond itself, like the DB's (and the LB'rs) have, this defense is going to be very very fun to watch.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I counted 2 of them that were complete (AD 2 yards/Rudy 5 yards) I think there was another one to a RB (or FB/HB) that was incomplete. Can' remember for sure. Box score will tell.
    The TD pass to Harvin was basically a lateral that he took to the house nearly single handedly. One hell of an effort from one Mr Harvin.

The TD pass to Harvin was basically a lateral that he took to the house nearly single handedly. One hell of an effort from one Mr Harvin.
    Another good one I forgot.....Silly me....

I miss charting games. Not enough to start doing it again and give up hold my grandson though.....

Regardless, even though I don't have specific game notes at hand, I sure didn't see the "Increased" effort to throw it deep like our good friend Steve saw.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    So many things to say about this game, but I want to point out one detail that I noticed. I forget the play, result, quarter, everything (too much into the game), but here are the details.

Ponder takes the snap...looks left....keeps looking left....turns head to the right and immediatly fires a strike to his receiver. Too me, that alone, tells how much more comfortable he is and how much he has progressed.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheViking View Post
    Don't get me started on the Childress years. We all know why we got better those years and it had nothing to do with Chilly. He's now with the Browns where he belongs. I've watched the Vikes, fair weather or not, since i was 5. And I have the utmost respect for my lifelong Browns fan friend, as much he is screwed and now saddled with whats his name.
    I think a lot of credit has to go to the new d coordinator, Alex Williams for how he is scheming this defense which has a lot of the same parts as last season. This guy has been compared to Tomlin in his smarts for the d game and how he gets guys to buy in to what he's doing. It's a basic T2 defense that stresses being where you are suppose to be, and being patient that a play will be made to end a drive. It's how Tomlin went about hsi business here. They guys needs to be given loads of credit to where this defense has come from where it was. He keeps this up and he'll be the next very good coach we lose to a head job.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast