Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    My son's games have all been on Sunday afternoons this year, so this is the first game I have been able to watch in its entirety. I saw the second half of the Frisco game. We are looking good. I know we have played an easy schedule, but at the beginning of the season I figured we were on the same level as these "easy" teams. But it is beginning to look like we are on another level.Not elite, but not a top ten draft pick team either.
    I know Musgrave is setting up Christian with a simplified offense, but CP is making the most of it. There is no doubt he will succeed for us if he continues to be developed this way. (Sorry Caine, but I have to call it the way I see it).
    Our secondary is light years ahead of where it has been. Not speaking athletically, but they seem to know where they should be on every play. In the past many years, most of the secondary looked confused. A lot of players out of position. Not anymore. Everyone looks sure of themselves. Guys are in the right position to make plays on a regular basis.
    It is hard to believe the D line is playing as well as they are without a 320# tackle out there.I am a firm believer in the "war pig" in the middle, but they are doing the job without it. I don't know if they could make a run in the playoffs without a Jerry Ball, but who knows.
    Running game is phenomenal. Whether it is AD, PH or Toby, we seem to be able to control a game once we get a lead by pounding it down their throats, and throwing the short passes.
    Offensive line. Not enough can be said about the job they are doing. They seem top be able to shift from a pass blocking line to a run blocking line without a hitch. SUPERB!!!
    Kluwe is as good as ever and Walsh makes it easy to let go of Longwell.
    When looking at the whole picture, I cannot help but think Leslie finally has put together a staff that can develop a solid team and put us in a position to become an elite team in the future. It is early yet, but DAMN, we are far ahead of where I thought we would be at this point.

(This may not be the first time I got sucked into believing we are on the verge only to have my heart ripped out at the end).
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    OK, here is a bit more on the game.

Also, I will never understand why this place is so quiet after a win but so loud after a loss. LOL.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!
    HELL YEAH!!

No doubt that people seem to prefer bitching over being constructive - not that the former isn't sometimes warranted. However the Vikes are looking pretty damned good and this is, so far, the best season since 2009. Now we've got a long ways to go to equal that but here we are 4-1 nonetheless. The D is looking great, Ponder is coming along brilliantly (yeah he had his first two ints, back to back, but he picked a good game to have them in), Gerhart didn't fumble, Harvin is a Saint, and the play calling has gotten way better.
    Today was a fun time in the chatroom because, instead of being stressed out the whole time, we were able to banter about random things since were enjoying such a comfortable lead. Redskins, Cards, and Bucs next. All potentially winnable but even losing one puts us at 6-2. I don't want to assume anything, or take anything for granted, but that would be pretty decent. This team has talent.

Is this coaching staff actually good? Starting to seem like it.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

OK, here is a bit more on the game.

Also, I will never understand why this place is so quiet after a win but so loud after a loss. LOL.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!
    Used to be busy no matter whether we won or lost.

I'm pretty new here so I'm going on Paul's word about it being busy or not, good years or bad. I actually signed up for my account about six years ago, on a whim, but never came back until this season. Can't say why but I'm enjoying interacting with fellow Purple Pride participants.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Used to be busy no matter whether we won or lost.

Shusssss....

It like this everyone starts talking about Ponder and no pick than bam 2 back 2 back

Vikings win Packs loss, all is good, now just keep moving along and not jinx it

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheViking View Post
    I'm pretty new here so I'm going on Paul's word about it being busy or not, good years or bad. I actually signed up for my account about six years ago, on a whim, but never came back until this season. Can't say why but I'm enjoying interacting with fellow Purple Pride participants.
    The Childress years left their mark on PP.O a bit, as I am sure it did everywhere in the Vikings nation. And then tying our worst season ever at 3-13 seems to have deflated us. But if we can continue to improve as we have been, I suspect the faithful will come back.

Not saying anybody is a bandwagon fan (although are fans too!), but the past couple of seasons would have been hard on anyone.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    (This may not be the first time I got sucked into believing we are on the verge only to have my heart ripped out at the end).
    Well Duh... we ARE Vikings fans after all!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

LIVike is offline Starter
    Flat out domination all game. It was nice to see people leaving the game early because the Vikings were actually blowing out a team. If the defense didnt start playing prevent the titans would have had under 200 yards of offense. Chris Johnson again proves that he is way over paid.

I liked how they started to go deep and air it out more compared to the first few games. Peterson is just insane. I agree Harvin is one of the if not the best player in the NFL right now.

I am not really concerned about the ints as they are expected. What I would like to know though is who's idea it was to pooch kick the second kickoff instead of booting it out of the endzone.
    None

The Childress years left their mark on PP.O a bit, as I am sure it did everywhere in the Vikings nation. And then tying our worst season ever at 3-13 seems to have deflated us. But if we can continue to improve as we have been, I suspect the faithful will come back.

Not saying anybody is a bandwagon fan (although are fans too!), but the past couple of seasons would have been hard on anyone.
    Don't get me started on the Childress years. We all know why we got better those years and it had nothing to do with Chilly. He's now with the Browns where he belongs. I've watched the Vikes, fair weather or not, since i was 5. And I have the utmost respect for my lifelong Browns fan friend, as much he is screwed and now saddled with whats his name.
    Last edited by EricTheViking; 10-08-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast