Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

OFFICIAL TITANS vs VIKINGS POSTGAME DISCUSSION

Great game all around. Harvin is a beast. Ponder continues to impress, and shows off some deep stuff. AD opens up again. Defense is awesome.

Discuss.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I don't know about you guys, but winning like this is starting to get boring. I miss being nervous and on the edge of my seat every Sunday. I can't go too long without getting my negative nancy fix, so I hope things get back to normal next week and we get a closer game with more head scratching moments. /sarcasm off

No seriously though, I love Vikings 2.0 and I hope we stick with the new aggressive style the rest of the season. Already more wins after 5 weeks than all of last year and first 3 game win streak since 2009.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I just want us to turn these FGs into TDs. We are a good team, further into the season, it will be important to have these be TDs. Way too many Fgs.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    PLUS:

Ponder's long shot to Percy. Beautiful throw.

Defense. Gotta love this unit that seems to have found it's stride again. We missed you guys....

Our Kicker. Ryan who?

4-1 while the Packers are 2-3. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Minus:

3rd down efficiency. Gotta bring that up if we're going to seriously face the big boys.

Interceptions - One week after I congratulate him, he throws 2...go figure.

Not giving Peterson more carries. He's on my fantasy team...I need the points....

Caine

Blog Entries
    OK, here is a bit more on the game.

1) Ponder is looking good. 25/35 for a 71.4% completion percentage, 258 yards and 2 TDs. That is outstanding. He did finally throw a couple of picks, on back to back passes no less. And to be fair, there probably should have been another one. But he was able to collect himself and come back from it very well. He was very accurate most of the game, and showed some great touch on some deep passes. I am hoping that some of the complaints about never throwing the ball deep will be quieter this week.

2) Harvin is the best player in the NFL right now. Hands down. The only thing we haven't seen him do is throw a TD pass, and I wont be surprised if we see exactly that one of these weeks. He monopolized the attention of the defense and STILL made plays.

3) Smith is still clutch. I don't like the ejection call, but understand it. He needs to keep those emotions in check, especially when there is an officiating crew that is being ticky tack about everything. I was very worried when he went out, but luckily the defense was able to still perform without either starting safety in. Sanford continues to prove me wrong, and I am absolutely OK with eating crow for that.

4) Secondary as a whole is SO improved over last year. I am speechless.

5) AD is still money. His performance was overshadowed by Percy, but he still kept the Titans defense on their toes and had a good day on the ground.

Everyone played well. Simpson was shut out, but he was still drawing safety looks down field. Overall this was a very well put together game by the Vikings. We are 4-1, somewhere I absolutely did NOT expect us to be. So, so, so happy tonight! Let's keep it up Vikes. Washington is going to be a tougher game than Tennessee, but it is still winnable.

Also, I will never understand why this place is so quiet after a win but so loud after a loss. LOL.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    Great win all around. Glad we're tied for first in the NFC North!!!

Only real thing I'll nit-pick about is the conservative playcalling after Ponder through his second interception. Against more talented defenses I think some of those throws could have been read and possibly intercepted. Glad we grew a pair towards the end to throw it to the end zone to Rudolph. Man, that guy is a beast.

Where is John Carlson and Jerome Simpson? Also would be nice to see Jarius Wright involved with the offense to take some pressure off of Harvin and to take advantage of his breakaway speed.

Nice that we shut them out for practically the first three quarters. Harrison Smith hopefully learned his lesson not to put his hand on an official (a real one, nonetheless) and to keep his emotions in check. Hopefully moving forward he can channel that aggression as a positive and keep making plays on defense.

Other than that a great job all around. Hopefully Javon Ringer for the Titans is okay. I hate to see injuries like that happen

Let's keep up this momentum going forward next week against the 'Skins. SKOL!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I just want us to turn these FGs into TDs. We are a good team, further into the season, it will be important to have these be TDs. Way too many Fgs.
    3 TDs and 3 FGs this game. I'm just fine with that.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    3rd down efficiency. Gotta bring that up if we're going to seriously face the big boys.
    Good observation. We were 3/11 - 27% - on third down. Didn't realize it was quiet that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Interceptions - One week after I congratulate him, he throws 2...go figure.
    He was bound to do it sooner or later. But he did come right back and lead a nice drive after that.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    3 TDs and 3 FGs this game. I'm just fine with that.
    My only issue is when the FGs came. 1 TD then 3 FGs. If were were able to string those three TDs together they would take the soul out of the other team. However, this game was still in range for 3 quarters.

All I can say is that it's a lot more fun when the Vikes are winning (duh!). Last year was brutal.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast