OFFICIAL TITANS vs VIKINGS POSTGAME DISCUSSION
Good game. So many encouraging things to see:
- Cook and Robinson's ability to cover the outside has enabled Williams to blitz, and be more aggressive with the defense in general.
- Everson Griffin on the field more
- Guion appears to have made a major step forward...perhaps he is listening more to KWill, or, perhaps Williams knows what he's doing.
- Robinson and Harrison are learning very quickly on the job.
- Ponder looks decisive and confident. Albeit, I thought he lost focus and discipline during the Titans game. He regained it and through a TD.
- Peterson returning to beast mode is remake able. He truly is a blessed athlete and we are fortunate he's a Vike.
- Harvin, well, for those of you who watch college FB avidly, his performance this year will remind you of his years as a Gator. We are fortunate he's a Vike too.
- Rudolph, I've said it a few times, he has a great chance of being our best TE ever.
- Greenway is flying around and making more plays than ever...he's playing at a very high level .
Now, reality will be setting in soon. The Texans will win a minimum 12 games for a myriad of reasons...one of which, they play 6 games vs the Colts, Jaguars, and Titans. Three shitty teams we've already played. The wins against SF and Detroit were impressive, giving the coaches and the Team obvious confidence. I never in a million years thought we'd be 4-1, but, all along I've expected ups and downs. Spielman deserves some credit here too. I haven't even mentioned the ballsy move to replace Longwell with Blair. Ellison, Blanton, and Cole have all contributed too. There is a lot to be enthusiastic about, to be sure.
That said, team must stay focused and convert FGs to TDs to keep rolling IMO.