Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Official Thoughts and Observations

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    A poster says, how long did it take EJ to start playing well.......
    Answer......
    As soon as Leslie got here.
    Can Coaching be attributed to that?
    What?
    Henderson has been playing well since the end of the 2005 season, all through the 2006 season and now into the 2007 season.

Sheesh, Marr - don't elect Frazier to the HoF quite yet, okay?

=Z=
    Sorry, should have drawn a better picture.......
    ;D

He did not play well his first try as the MLB.
    Now he is.
    Go and search this very site for threads centered around the release of Napo this year and how dumb our coaches were for doing it.

Again, I as the question..........
    Is it coaching or just the player?

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1423356.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Answer......
    What?
    Henderson has been playing well since the end of the 2005 season, all through the 2006 season and now into the 2007 season.

=Z=

;D

Now he is.
    Go and search this very site for threads centered around the release of Napo this year and how dumb our coaches were for doing it.

It's the player.

As I have pointed out on PPO NUMEROUS times, EJ has basically followed the same path in the pros that he did in college, when he won the Butkus award as the top MLB in college football his senior year at Maryland.
    He was asked to do too much too quickly by Ted Cottrell and could not handle the responsibilty.
    However, when given the time to learn and mature, he is putting together a Pro Bowl season at the spot.
    Given 3 different D-Coordinators in 3 season, I'm apt to subscribe the vast majority of his maturity to the hard work he has put in to get there, rather than coaching.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Answer......
    What?

=Z=

;D

Now he is.

It's the player.

As I have pointed out on PPO NUMEROUS times, EJ has basically followed the same path in the pros that he did in college, when he won the Butkus award as the top MLB in college football his senior year at Maryland.
    He was asked to do too much too quickly by Ted Cottrell and could not handle the responsibilty.
    However, when given the time to learn and mature, he is putting together a Pro Bowl season at the spot.
    Given 3 different D-Coordinators in 3 season, I'm apt to subscribe the vast majority of his maturity to the hard work he has put in to get there, rather than coaching.

=Z=
    So your point, the way I understand it then, is, if we have better than avg - to - great players at every position we don't need coaches to make them better?
    In fact the 3 different D-coords actually held him back by moving him to OLB instead of letting him struggle through the MLB issues he had coming right out of college.
    :

If that is the case, then hell, all we need to do is let them play and at some point they will figure it out on thier own?

All the money we spend on this huge coaching staff could go towards the new stadium.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Answer......
    What?

=Z=

;D

Now he is.

It's the player.

=Z=
    i agree too.. its the player.. allow it seems like they are allowing him to do a lot more blitzing

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Answer......
    What?

;D

Now he is.

It's the player.

So your point, the way I understand it then, is, if we have better than avg - to - great players at every position we don't need coaches to make them better?
    In fact the 3 different D-coords actually held him back by moving him to OLB instead of letting him struggle through the MLB issues he had coming right out of college.
    :

If that is the case, then hell, all we need to do is let them play and at some point they will figure it out on thier own?

All the money we spend on this huge coaching staff could go towards the new stadium.
    That's NOT what I said, bubi!

The challenges for a player to work in different schemes under different coordinators should not be minimized.
    EJ struggled (bad coaching) when he was put into the MLB position early in his career.
    The switch to outside (good coaching) enabled him to use his athleticism and tackling skills to work while on the field, and allowed him to learn the pro game.

You asked - is it more the player or the coaching.
    I answered that it was the player.
    That doesn't mean there's no impact on him from the coaching he's gotten.
    I just feel that the player deserves most of the credit for this year's success.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=39180.msg673562#msg673562 date=1194965239]
    Answer......
    What?

;D

Now he is.

It's the player.

:

The challenges for a player to work in different schemes under different coordinators should not be minimized.
    EJ struggled (bad coaching) when he was put into the MLB position early in his career.
    The switch to outside (good coaching) enabled him to use his athleticism and tackling skills to work while on the field, and allowed him to learn the pro game.

I just feel that the player deserves most of the credit for this year's success.

=Z=
    [/quote]
    Bubi......

;D You crack me up.

Actually I believe it takes both.
    A talented player who is receptive to coaching and the reps that the coaching staff can use to to fine tune both.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=39180.msg676312#msg676312 date=1195486338]
    Answer......
    What?

;D

Now he is.

It's the player.

:

=Z=
    [/quote]
    Bubi......

;D You crack me up.

A talented player who is receptive to coaching and the reps that the coaching staff can use to to fine tune both.
    [/quote]

I'm with Zeus on this one... EJ started becoming a beast when Tomlin got here.. yes, he moved over to the middle, but by then he was very well adept to the cover-2 scheme and understands the game better..

while some of his development can "possibly" be attributed to Frazier, or the lb coach, i think mostly it was EJ "getting it" than the coaching of putting him in the middle and teaching him..

remember tomlin made all lb's learn all 3 positions so he was already familiar with the MLB position.
    He had a lights out year last year so it can't all be coaching..

Either way, i'm not sold on Frazier as a DC.. our defense is way worse and he vowed to improve the secondary which hasnt happened...

not sure u can give the staff all the credit for EJ being this good....

remember he got his huge contract after last year.. if he just got good this year he would be playing somewhere else for sure...

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=39180.msg676319#msg676319 date=1195486889]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=39180.msg676312#msg676312 date=1195486338]
    Answer......
    What?

;D

Now he is.

It's the player.

:

=Z=
    [/quote]
    Bubi......

;D You crack me up.

[/quote]

I'm with Zeus on this one... EJ started becoming a beast when Tomlin got here.. yes, he moved over to the middle, but by then he was very well adept to the cover-2 scheme and understands the game better..

while some of his development can "possibly" be attributed to Frazier, or the lb coach, i think mostly it was EJ "getting it" than the coaching of putting him in the middle and teaching him..

remember tomlin made all lb's learn all 3 positions so he was already familiar with the MLB position.
    He had a lights out year last year so it can't all be coaching..

Either way, i'm not sold on Frazier as a DC.. our defense is way worse and he vowed to improve the secondary which hasnt happened...

not sure u can give the staff all the credit for EJ being this good....

remember he got his huge contract after last year.. if he just got good this year he would be playing somewhere else for sure...
    [/quote]
    All right, I will move you into the Z column on the spread sheet.

JK.
    ;D

See my bolded comment.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011