Page 368 of 868 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378418468 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 8679
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson Thread

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    It was also report that Bevell ask Jackson to take some MMA training in the offseason similar to the program Jared Allen does in Arizona and Tarvaris wasn't interested.

LINK

offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell recently talked to him about getting Jackson involved in a Mixed Martial Arts program this offseason....They asked if we could do the same for Tarvaris to get his hips … really loosen up his hips. It looks like they are planning long-term with him
    If this report is true it does start to make me wonder about Jackson commitment as I start to hear other stories.
    Thanks for the read my friend.
    Problem for me, is again, were does it say TJ said no or refused to do this?
    Read it twice and didn't see anything in that regard.

One could almost read into it that he is doing it........

They asked if we could do the same for Tarvaris to get his hips … really loosen up his hips. It looks like they are planning long-term with him.”

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    [size=12pt]Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson has no plans for mixed martial arts[/size]

By Sean Jensen
    [email protected]
    Posted: 01/31/2009 12:01:00 AM CST

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_11595474
    This is the story back 200 and some odd pages that Jackson wasn't planning on taking part in the training but the link appears to be dead
    That's because he had plans to work with famed trainer Tom Shaw in Orlando, Fla. Here's the link for your story, but this was back in January. Things could have changed since then.

[size=13pt]Jackson Has No MMA Plans[/size]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    Anyone see Pat William's comments on TJ in one of the Fox articles?
    Almost appeared he was calling TJ out to work harder but at the same time saying TJ could be a great QB if he did... that was the first time I'd ever read TJ wasn't putting in enough work.
    Wow, I just searched for it. Interesting. Hadn't read this before.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9610678/No-end-in-sight-for-off-field-issues

"I talk to Tarvaris all the time (and) tell him you have to put in the time," Williams said. "This ain't college no more. This is the NFL. You have to put in more time than you are used to putting in. If you are putting in four hours, you have to put in eight. You have to put in more time than what he's doing. I think if he puts the right time in, he will be a great quarterback in the league."
    This is not what we want to see from Jackson. Pat Williams is like a big brother to Jackson, he's honest and he's got an opinion. I was always lead to believe that Jackson had a tremendous work ethic, first one in, last one out, I've heard it more than once. Williams is in the locker room he see's it all, if Jackson is not prepared to put in the time a really good NFL QB needs to, he's going to fail at his job. He definitly won't win the battle with Sage because I know Sage is putting in the time.
    How do you know Sage is putting in that amount of time?
    I don't have links or anything like that but I can tell you that Sage asked for all of last years game tape, he's built a relationship with John Sullivan, attended a charity event and was quoted on how much time he is putting in this offseason. More than normal because of the terminology/team change. Sage has always been blue collar work ethic and I like everything he's said since he got here. He's a notch up on the naturaul leadership abilites.

Not to mention Sage finally has an opportunity to be a starter, he's going to work hard and try to impress in order to get that role. This can all change if Favre signs.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    Almost appeared he was calling TJ out to work harder but at the same time saying TJ could be a great QB if he did... that was the first time I'd ever read TJ wasn't putting in enough work.

"I talk to Tarvaris all the time (and) tell him you have to put in the time," Williams said. "This ain't college no more. This is the NFL. You have to put in more time than you are used to putting in. If you are putting in four hours, you have to put in eight. You have to put in more time than what he's doing. I think if he puts the right time in, he will be a great quarterback in the league."
    This is not what we want to see from Jackson. Pat Williams is like a big brother to Jackson, he's honest and he's got an opinion. I was always lead to believe that Jackson had a tremendous work ethic, first one in, last one out, I've heard it more than once. Williams is in the locker room he see's it all, if Jackson is not prepared to put in the time a really good NFL QB needs to, he's going to fail at his job. He definitly won't win the battle with Sage because I know Sage is putting in the time.
    I saw it on his w-2 form :P ;D

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:

I don't have links or anything like that but I can tell you that Sage asked for all of last years game tape, he's built a relationship with John Sullivan, attended a charity event and was quoted on how much time he is putting in this offseason. More than normal because of the terminology/team change. Sage has always been blue collar work ethic and I like everything he's said since he got here. He's a notch up on the naturaul leadership abilites.

Not to mention Sage finally has an opportunity to be a starter, he's going to work hard and try to impress in order to get that role. This can all change if Favre signs.
    funny, he puts in all this time, and has always been blue collar work ethic, he says the right things, and lets not forget he attended a charity event (because that makes you a good athlete), yet he's never been a starter in his whole career.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=BleedinPandG link=topic=47857.msg951590#msg951590 date=1243280039]

funny, he puts in all this time, and has always been blue collar work ethic, he says the right things, and lets not forget he attended a charity event (because that makes you a good athlete), yet he's never been a starter in his whole career.
    [/quote]

When you can prove that Sage has a weak work ethic we can take your word for it, untill then we know what we know. Sage delt with being a backup in Texas when he really wanted to start, he showed great maturity and team attitude. It's important for the QB to be involved off the field, its a character choice and shows how well he fits into what we like as a Franchise. Nobody said it made him a better player on the field but it does show his character and leadership.

Its true Sage has never been a starter in the NFL, he's probably one of the best backup QB's in the league since he got to Houston. Sage's problem is turnovers, other than that I think he's a legit starter in the NFL. His playing time is very limited, we all hope he can be can get better. Obviously the team around him will help tremendously. I think he's noticeable difference from Gus Frerotte. IMO Sage could explode onto the scene with this offense around him, given we live up to potential, Rice, Harvin, Peterson, Sullivan, ect.

If one thing really scares the sh*t out of me about Sage is his potetial for making mistakes like fumbles and INT's, we just can't have it. Given the situation he will be in with the overall team, I would hope he could get that under control. If not Sage likely remains a backup.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=BleedinPandG link=topic=47857.msg951590#msg951590 date=1243280039]

[/quote]
    Not everyone can be handed a job on a silver platter with no competition being brought in like this guy...
    [img width=450 height=253]http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/1228/nfl_a_giantsviks_576.jpg[/img]

To be quite honest there hasn't been a QB on the Roster who has been better than Jackson. I guess I can't blame the staff... The only thing I get ancy with is the passing on Drew Brees. Of course we don't know the behind the scenes, maybe we did have intrest but Brees opted for New Orleans with the new Head Coach. We are not necasarilly worried about some guys with injuries as proven with the selection of Percy Harvin and Adrian Peterson.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    It was also report that Bevell ask Jackson to take some MMA training in the offseason similar to the program Jared Allen does in Arizona and Tarvaris wasn't interested.

LINK

offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell recently talked to him about getting Jackson involved in a Mixed Martial Arts program this offseason....They asked if we could do the same for Tarvaris to get his hips … really loosen up his hips. It looks like they are planning long-term with him
    If this report is true it does start to make me wonder about Jackson commitment as I start to hear other stories.
    Thanks for the read my friend.
    Problem for me, is again, were does it say TJ said no or refused to do this?
    Read it twice and didn't see anything in that regard.

One could almost read into it that he is doing it........

They asked if we could do the same for Tarvaris to get his hips … really loosen up his hips. It looks like they are planning long-term with him.”

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    [size=12pt]Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson has no plans for mixed martial arts[/size]

By Sean Jensen
    [email protected]
    Posted: 01/31/2009 12:01:00 AM CST

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_11595474
    This is the story back 200 and some odd pages that Jackson wasn't planning on taking part in the training but the link appears to be dead
    That's because he had plans to work with famed trainer Tom Shaw in Orlando, Fla. Here's the link for your story, but this was back in January. Things could have changed since then.

[size=13pt]Jackson Has No MMA Plans[/size]
    I think they have, Vikings brought in Sage and Childress has visions of Favre in his head

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

T-Jack's work ethic = garbage

It's official.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

I sure hope not, there is an extreme amount of physical talent, I hope he doesn't let it slip down the drain. I always figured Jackson for good work ethic, its a bit of a surprise, I'm hoping it's more tough love and motivation than anything.