Page 3 of 868 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson Thread

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    TJack in in his 3rd year and is no more productive now than he was as a rookie.
    He decision making has improved, but his mechanics and accuracy have not, hich leads me to believe they never will.
    People rightfully boo Vince young for sucking Tennessee, why can't we boo TJack when he's missing open throws by a mile?
    I'm sorry... which open throws?
    He threw one to Berrian's feet... not a great throw but Berrian could have made a better play.
    So 1 bad throw.
    I believe later in the game he over threw a guy, Rice was it?
    So 2 bad throws?
    How many bad throws did Peyton, a first ballot HOF'er have?
    Don't even think about saying none.

Could TJ be better?
    Sure... but come on... 2 bad throws isn't exactly a horrendous performance.
    One slant hit Berrian on the hip instead of maybe a foot and a half farther forward.
    Defender knocked it away, don't think the other foot would have helped.
    The deep ball to Rice could have been more in bounds but I think Rice had a play on it and it was thrown where only he could catch it.

Maybe I was watching a different game... I didn't see any big accuracy issues.
    He made good decisions, threw to single coverage, didn't force the ball.
    He checked down through multiple receivers (commentators even noted it a few times).
    I'd like to see more plays with his legs but that's alright, he is a QB.
    I thought he did what most of us were hoping he'd do yesterday.
    I don't understand why people are trying to pin the loss on him.
    I completely agree!!.. What game are you guys watching??... TJ is no Peyton Manning, but for most of the game, he had a better rating than Peyton did..
    He's doing exactly what they are asking him to do.. it's not like he's throwing picks or missing receivers by miles..

1. at no time since Brad Childress has been here has our offense looked any different with any quarterback we have ever had.
    The play calling has been exactly the same regardless of what QB is in there... CONSERVATIVE!!!....

2. TJ last game was 14/24.. take a look at the incompletions.. 1 to shank in the endzone dropped. 2 incompletions to Berrian where one dude made a good play on the ball and the other was a bad pass. 2 passes were questionable non-pass interference calls (wade and Berrian), 1 to rice deep where he dropped it, 1 misfire to Shank at the end of the first quarter, and another to Sidney Rice in the second quarter on the right sideline.. like one or two more but overall not issues of horrible accuracy..

3. I know we are a running team, but come one, this run run pass punt offense is getting a little mundane!!.. Everyone knows what is coming.. and that play call to run it on 3rd and 4 with chester and the roll out on our last drive of the game is crazy!!..

TJ is never going to be the quarterback many of us want to atleast see he can be unless they either open the playbook up or get more creative with the playcalling... Again we don't know what we have in TJ because we are playing not to loose...

I don't like the philosophy of bare-knuckling our way through a game hoping to win!.. let's just go win the thing and let the chips fall where they may.. most teams have an open playbook and call conservative plays when they have a nice lead going into the 4th quarter.. we call conservative the entire game...and frankly folks, whether we had mcnabb or Favre or whomever else, i just think that's that old Wisconson Big 10 philosphy and they are always gonna play call that way....

This game was not lost by TJack!!.. whether he's actually good or not.. this game was not on him...

Json is offline GM

How many TD's has T. Jax thrown for this year so far???
    I don't care if the pass to the TE was dropped or not the last time I checked we have 0 TD's by the way of pass and you combine that with a 160 yrds rushing by 1 player on your team
    and it's a sad day for the QB.
    The only time he completes a decent pass is the PA bootleg, over and over and over again.
    I personally would like a QB that can not only roll out but stands in the pocket for a completion.
    Everyone can pull up this stat and that stat, but at the end of the day we get no production out of the passing game and that my fellow friends equals L's not W's.

Oh and by the way for the person that said Manning had a worse QB rating then T. Jax you may be correct but the last time i checked he also had 3 or 4 lineman down and a TE.
    Imagine T. Jax with that situation, my guess is ugly would be uglier.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Game manager - that is what the in denial supporters keep harping on.

Jump passes, no accuracy, no deep ball, cannot step up in the pocket and pass, horrible at throwing on the move (look it up).

Anyone supporting the guy still is a homer and will continue to make excuses for him no matter how bad it gets.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"Json" wrote:
    How many TD's has T. Jax thrown for this year so far???
    I don't care if the pass to the TE was dropped or not the last time I checked we have 0 TD's by the way of pass and you combine that with a 160 yrds rushing by 1 player on your team
    and it's a sad day for the QB.
    The only time he completes a decent pass is the PA bootleg, over and over and over again.
    I personally would like a QB that can not only roll out but stands in the pocket for a completion.
    Everyone can pull up this stat and that stat, but at the end of the day we get no production out of the passing game and that my fellow friends equals L's not W's.

Oh and by the way for the person that said Manning had a worse QB rating then T. Jax you may be correct but the last time i checked he also had 3 or 4 lineman down and a TE.
    Imagine T. Jax with that situation, my guess is ugly would be uglier.

??? was the last time you checked before we played against the packers? i seem to remember seeing him throw a TD to sid Rice

Thanks josdin00

Json is offline GM

Huh was the last time you checked before we played against the packers? i seem to remember seeing him throw a TD to sid Rice
    You are correct, I did forget about that one.

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

i too hate being so harsh just 2 games into season, but we lost both games that were well within reach.
    I do believe that it's not all TJ's fault, if SHIANCOE caught that pass in the endzone, we wouldn't be having this conversation at all!
    but even if we had Moss or Owens on our team I still don't think TJ could get them the ball, that is the bottom line here.
    9-guys in the box and we can't find a reciever, are you kidding me?
    NO ONES PASS DEFENSE IS THAT GOOD!
    I'm going to next weeks game, I promise i won't boo, but for someone who lives out of state, its hard to travel the distance to see such anemic offense.
    Until they put Ferotte in, i still gotta root for TJ and hope for the best.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

I'm not a TJ fan from the beginning.
    I think he's a risky experiment and few experiments of this type work out.

But given that, I am NOT giving the loss to the Colts to TJ this week, like I did last week.

This week the D played great, ST did very good, running game rocked again.

The fault goes to the whole passing game, except the O-line who did a good job given the Colts pass rush ability.

TJ was VERY inconsistant and streaky.
    Boneheaded throws followed by inspiring pin point accuracy.

WR's they just don't seem to be able to make plays, it's OK to catch a ball when wide open, but catching in traffic is crucial to winning a game.
    Shank is the new TWill.

Playcalling was atrocious.
    I have 3 in particular...

When it's 3rd and 2 on IND 9, do you go to the best back in the NFL to get you TWO yards?
    No lets give Mr. inconsistancy (TJ) to throw it to Mr. "All I don't do is catch TD's" to try to get a TD.
    Granted TJ threw a catchable pass, but the play should never have been called.

3rd and 4 on Indy 39.... AD ran for 5 on first... TJ ended up running for 1 on 2nd... LET'S PASS??? They won't be expecting that since the Vikes have passed on EVERY 3rd down till then.
    Result: SACK!

Why oh why do you call a roll out pass on 3rd and 3 when you have the best running game in the NFL.
    Especially when all ya want to do is KILL THE CLOCK to go into OT.
    The time that would have run off could have the difference in the Colts last drive.
    Why put the ball in TJ's hands when you have AD?

[size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

jonnyb is offline Rookie

"gagarr" wrote:
    I'm not a TJ fan from the beginning.
    I think he's a risky experiment and few experiments of this type work out.

But given that, I am NOT giving the loss to the Colts to TJ this week, like I did last week.

This week the D played great, ST did very good, running game rocked again.

The fault goes to the whole passing game, except the O-line who did a good job given the Colts pass rush ability.

TJ was VERY inconsistant and streaky.
    Boneheaded throws followed by inspiring pin point accuracy.

WR's they just don't seem to be able to make plays, it's OK to catch a ball when wide open, but catching in traffic is crucial to winning a game.
    Shank is the new TWill.

Playcalling was atrocious.
    I have 3 in particular...

When it's 3rd and 2 on IND 9, do you go to the best back in the NFL to get you TWO yards?
    No lets give Mr. inconsistancy (TJ) to throw it to Mr. "All I don't do is catch TD's" to try to get a TD.
    Granted TJ threw a catchable pass, but the play should never have been called.

3rd and 4 on Indy 39.... AD ran for 5 on first... TJ ended up running for 1 on 2nd... LET'S PASS??? They won't be expecting that since the Vikes have passed on EVERY 3rd down till then.
    Result: SACK!

Why oh why do you call a roll out pass on 3rd and 3 when you have the best running game in the NFL.
    Especially when all ya want to do is KILL THE CLOCK to go into OT.
    The time that would have run off could have the difference in the Colts last drive.
    Why put the ball in TJ's hands when you have AD?

Don't forget about the totally random hail marys into double coverage that seem to happen every couple of third downs.
    I can hear it now. Childress: " Hmmm. Third and 5. Adrian get in there! Wait... We need to stretch the field. Keep em honest... Lets go deep. Who can catch a ball on a regular basis down field? I don't know. Can T Jack make that throw? Have we made the throw the other times this play has popped into my head? I don't think so.
    Only one way to find out. Let's give it a shot. Adrian, take a breather on this one."

Brewtal is offline Starter

You are right, I believe TJ is playing the best he can and he should be credited for that.
    The problem is that his best would place him as a solid starter in the arena football league.
    It is not TJ's fault he sucks, it is the managments fault that they continue to start him.
    Brad Childress needs to be the one that is booood.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"Brewtal" wrote:
    You are right, I believe TJ is playing the best he can and he should be credited for that.
    The problem is that his best would place him as a solid starter in the arena football league.
    It is not TJ's fault he sucks, it is the managments fault that they continue to start him.
    Brad Childress needs to be the one that is booood.
    I think half the time the crowd booed it was because of the play call.
    Especially that last roll out.
    I think TJ did what he could with that one.
    It was just that the Colts had seen that play 3 other times in similar situations.
    Especially last week against GB.
    So they followed GB and had someone waiting for it.

I'm going to what the game again and look for tells on the play calling.
    What I DO NOT LIKE is they just don't trust AD on 3rd down.
    When AD is out on 3rd down it is a BIG tell.
    On 14 third downs they only ran the ball ONCE and that was with Taylor.
    Sure most were over 5 yards, but AD was averaging 10 yards a carry at one time.
    He can get a first and 5, especially when the D is expecting a Pass.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]