Page 2 of 868 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 8679
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    130

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson Thread

    "ragz" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    No neither of you have a valid post...You cant see what is obvious to the rest of the world TJ, will never get paid to play QB on any other team...NEVER. He was somebodys pet project, and you guys want him to be the next coming...problem is he couldnt even make it in college ball but you think hes this undiscovered Stud that others just dont see...take a breather from defending this kid for a couple of weeks go look at the top paid QBs and that is what you should be wanting to see, being a fan of this caliber of player must be tuff, its like listening to a soccer mom drone on excuse after excuse about their child being a undiscovered star of the 8th grade team....o yea pedro for prez
    i know, what a terrible excuse when a guy drops a td.
    but when tjack throws a bad ball he has to be strung up.
    what its called is watching the game from an already preconcieved notion. all you have to do is look at your statement about his college career.
    totally inaccurate.

    shank is talked about as an after thought, like people expect him to just drop tds.
    but jackson is expected to overcome it, as if hes given all these ample oppurtunities to throw the ball.
    fact is if shank doesnt drop a td, we win.
    jackson gets the td everybody is complaining about that he couldnt get today, and thats one more completion and ten more yards to stats that were decent,yet minimal but produced by the way they used him today.
    anyone who cant see that we are losing games cuz of a lot of problems is really just acting like a dumb fan.
    the whole just bench him crew to me doesnt know football well enough to comprehend how this team has lost its first 2 games.
    it is the typical lame response to a loss, bench the qb, fire the coach.
    problem is you can make a case for childress, cuz you're waiting to see the improvement in an offense with whoever the qb has been and we have yet to do so.
    while other coaches hired the same year as him have shown to improve there teams.

    So why are we losing these games then?
    In my opinion the play calling is based off of the coaches confidence in the QB.
    For example in the Broncos game, the coaches had confidence that Jay Cutler would put the ball where it needs to be, so they made some aggressive and risky calls.
    NO WAY any coordinator calls the 2 point conversion at the end of the game with TJack at the helm.
    In my opinion the reasons we are losing are all tied to the performance of Tarvaris Jackson.
    Last week he was given 2 minutes and decent field position (if I remember correctly) to take the team on his back and make us all believers.
    Two minute offense is not going to see much of the RB so it was all on TJack and he blew it by throwing a ball that most of us couldn't decide if it was thrown behind one receiver or way short of another.
    My keys to us losing are pretty simple.
    Shiancoe & Tjack.
    Except for 2 plays our Defense played PHENOMENAL.
    And I firmly believe that when Madieu gets back, those plays are minimized.
    Special teams did a good job of keeping the Colts pinned deep in there own end.
    Running game looked good.
    With 3 major phases of our game playing high caliber football, where else can we place blame?

  2. #12
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson Thread

    I will say one thing about Shank that I have been noticing is that when he is brought in to help with blocking, that he has not been doing very good at that on the plays I have watched.
    Yesterday on the plays where they were close enough to watch him close up he would pull of his blocks before the play was over. And there was one 2 TE formation where he didn't block the guy in front of him which allowed the guy to go unblocked and pressure Jackson and Shank didn't go out in a pattern either, which means on that play he was worthless as tits on a boar.

  3. #13
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson Thread

    "ConnecticutViking" wrote:
    The fact that Indy put 8 and sometimes 9 guys in the box to stop Peterson, should tell you that T-Jack can't find the open guy!
    As far as out playing a championship caliber team, the only stat that counts is the scoreboard.
    He is the absolutely the worst quarterback in the league and Childress is a fool for staying with him.
    Ding Ding Ding!
    In fact, most of the game it was 10 in the box.
    We were incredulous.
    Any decent QB audibles to a hot route or something to keep em honest, not do was what the coach says.

    He's not the absolute worst, but bottom barrel.
    I do feel bad a bit though he was so rattled his teeth were chattering on the sideline.
    From a personal perspective.

  4. #14
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson Thread

    "ndobney" wrote:
    Vikings fans have a reputation as being some of the best fans in football, for a good reason, because we are great fans. I was at the Raiders Chiefs game today, so I had to tape the game. When I got home I was thinking to myself 5 fg's???? Let me guess Vanilla offense, and the famous going into the prevent defense at the end of football games that cose the Vikings the game, not to mention I figured that Jackson was again extremely inconsistant.........

    however after watching the game I realized that this was not the case at all!!!! In fact the Vikings outplayed and in my opinion beat the world championship caliber team Colts, here our several points that I noticed on reasons that TJack did not lose the game for the Vikings.........

    1. Shiancoe droped a good pass in the end sone from TJack Vikings must settle for a FG.... If you want to be on a players case get on this guys case.... The issue here is ok
    or reasonable to accpet that a player ever drops a pass in the endzone.... The answer is NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Why am I so adament about this??or a couple of reasons 1st of all yes I understand the occasionally drop ball, but not in the end zone. In the field of play there is running after the catch and getting hit first and other factors that tally into it on why the occasionally drop pass will happen, however in the endzone, all the reciever needs to be concentrating on is catching the ball. There is no what do i do after the catch no where is the first down marker nothing. Dropping that pass is absolutly unacceptable!!!! Vikings NEED to reexamine this postion a TE should be the QB's best friend not his worst enemy. This is not the first time Shiancoe has flat out dropped big pass from TJack. A TD here instead of an incomplete pass drastically improve TJack QB rating for the game.

    2. The officials flatout missed the call on the TD, forcing the Vikings to burn a TO in a challege as opposed to Colts.... Also while I'm talking about this The video replay CLEARLY!!!!! CLEARLY!!!!! CLEARLY!!!!! CLEARY!!!! Showed the colts RB not reaching the endsone!!! I do evaluate games a lot on this particular play. I knew that the RB did not cross the plain. I simple took a ruler to the screen of my TV and ran it along the plain of the endzne so that it was flesh.. using this technique it CLEARL shows that he didn't make... Maybe the Colts kick a FG, maybe they go for it and make it, maybe they get stuffed again, maybe it causes the Colts to use a Challenge instead of the Vikings.... Either way it was a blown call and should have been reversed using my simple and logical technique, lets get this call right NFL you have the means.. If you would like and you are short on cash I will loan you a ruler. Anyways can't blame officals for blowing call on the field in full speed, but we can get it right on replay.... This play changed the dynamic of the game. Not TJack fault.

    3. Longwells messed FG... Yes kickers will miss the FG's from time to time, but Longwell should have hit that again it is not TJacks fault. Running the balls keeping it on the ground is the right thing to do in that situation, also an interesting note on this is that on the play b4 they pulled Peterson out, Chester Taylor missed a hole on that play that Peterson always gets to. That would have made a diference of AT LEAST another 3-4 yds... Again that effects the kick not saying he would have made it for sure, but it does change the dynamic of the kick....

    4. TJack had a couple of passes that were good passes that were CLEARLY pass interference. This gives the Vikings one or two more first downs. Keeps the drive alive keeps the Defense off the field, which also became an issue. I do realize that these plays are in full speed, but there is no excuse for a high school offical to mess those plays let alone an NFL offical... Again not TJacks fault these are things that change the dynamic of the game people, oh yeah and stop booing ur QB when he beating one of the top 2 best teams in the NFL by 8 points.

    5. The other reason that it is not TJack's fault is that he did have a fumble on a play, however!!!!!!!!!!! He was hit from his blindside anyQB in the league would have fumbled it. Had McKinney had any respect for his teammates he would have been on the field instead of being suspended. That hit came from his position!!!! There is a reason why Childress doesn't have tollorence for idiots that our unaccountable!!!!
    Outside of that TJack has no turnovers no INT's.... With Adrian Peterson as ur running back, and the Defense that we have that shutdown Payton Manning for the most part, all he needs to do is manage the game, he is doing that well... Some of the players on the team need to step up a little to help TJack who is still a young and IMPROVING QB. I'm not going to mention the names of the players that need to step up a little on offense, b/c it would embarass McKinney, and Shiancoe.

    6. Last Point I will admit TJack had a couple of bad passes, but Manning had like 6 or 7 bad passes, a couple of which his recievers caught through TJack a bone sometimes recievers.... Also the bootleg looks really promising for TJack he seems to have a lot of confidence throwing the ball that way, and is making some really nice looking passes when he rolls out of the pocket. The Vikings may have something here... Give TJack a break he is not the problem, Jackson has significantly improved since his first start, and seems to be going in the right direction.... The Vikings can win a Superbowl with him. If we had a great passing QB some of you same idiots would be complanning that we don't hand off the ball enough to AP....

    Conclusion watch the games take notes!!!!! Have facts to support your opinions!!!! Plain and simple we played lost to the Packers and Green Bay Chris Carter only beat Green Bay once at GreenBay, we almost did beat them!! Second of all we outplayed and a couple things going our way we beat the Colts.... Those are two games we probably weren't expecting to win at all, and we outplayed our expectations, btw Aarons Rodgers is really good, and so r the Colts for that matter... We r just about there a few balls going in the right direction and were are contending against the best teams in the NFL!!!!
    Defending Tarvaris after his last 2 performances?

    For real?

    No, seriously?

    Anyways, hi. My name is reality. Have we met?

  5. #15
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is online now Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson Thread

    TJack has earned his critics.
    While I don't agree with the crowd booing our own players (in fact, that pisses me off, but that's for a different thread...), TJack is in his second year starting and third year in the system.
    By now we should not be seeing flashes of brilliance followed by periods of inconsistency.
    We should be seeing solid QB play.
    And we're not.

    I am all for giving people chances.
    I defended TJack all of last year, and throughout the offseason.
    But at this point he needs to defend himself with decent play.

    Where were those quick slants that he was hitting at the end of last year?
    Where is the accurate deep ball that we got glimpses of last year.
    What happened to that nice arc he was developing in his pass instead of that straight laser he is throwing (which is much easier to defend because the WR can't get under the ball).

    It is like all of the progress he started to make last year has been erased.
    At this point I am ready to go in a different direction while we still can.
    I don't want to wait until week 5, because I think we will likely go on a 4-0 run in weeks 5-8.
    And TJ will probably look good because we will be playing some weaker teams.
    I don't want that to cloud our judgment AGAIN and give false hope that our QB is improving.
    The fact is that he can perform OK against weak teams, but cannot against good teams.
    That will never get us to the big game.

    It is time to move on.
    I don't know if Gus is a better option at this point, but it is the only other option that we have (and don't even say something silly like JDB).
    If we can't right the ship under Gus, then we need to do some shaking up in the front office.
    The have hitched the Vikings wagon to TJack, and if he fails, then so do they.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #16
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson Thread

    Just so we're all clear... TJ had a higher QB rating yesterday than Peyton... neither were great... but had Shank actually held the TD throw, TJ's would have been in the mid 80s which is solid.

    TJ did what we asked him to do yesterday for the most part.
    He managed the game well... did not make any huge mistakes... he made a few plays (FG at the end of the first half) and moved the chains a few times.
    I really feel like we went ultra-conservative in our play calling.
    Now... is that fear of TJ making a mistake or just our coaching philosophy?
    I don't know.
    But even Madden said last night, when you ask a QB not to make mistakes and to play conservative, it's real hard to suddenly flip a switch and tell him to go out there and be aggressive and start making plays.

    I think the Vikings coaching staff needs to develop a killer attitude.
    When you have a team down, don't toy with them, don't think a lead is big enough and hope the clock expires... DESTROY them.
    People got upset with the Patriots last year but I believe they had the right attitude.
    You get your opponent down and then you push them farther down.
    Don't ever even let them get a hint of a thought of an opinion they have a chance.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  7. #17
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson Thread

    TJack in in his 3rd year and is no more productive now than he was as a rookie.
    He decision making has improved, but his mechanics and accuracy have not, hich leads me to believe they never will.
    People rightfully boo Vince young for sucking Tennessee, why can't we boo TJack when he's missing open throws by a mile?


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  8. #18
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson Thread

    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    No neither of you have a valid post...You cant see what is obvious to the rest of the world TJ, will never get paid to play QB on any other team...NEVER. He was somebodys pet project, and you guys want him to be the next coming...problem is he couldnt even make it in college ball but you think hes this undiscovered Stud that others just dont see...take a breather from defending this kid for a couple of weeks go look at the top paid QBs and that is what you should be wanting to see, being a fan of this caliber of player must be tuff, its like listening to a soccer mom drone on excuse after excuse about their child being a undiscovered star of the 8th grade team....o yea pedro for prez
    Take a lesson from the previous poster regarding posting something worth reading... that was his 2nd post and it was far more impressive than yours was.


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  9. #19
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson Thread

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    TJack in in his 3rd year and is no more productive now than he was as a rookie.
    He decision making has improved, but his mechanics and accuracy have not, hich leads me to believe they never will.
    People rightfully boo Vince young for sucking Tennessee, why can't we boo TJack when he's missing open throws by a mile?
    I'm sorry... which open throws?
    He threw one to Berrian's feet... not a great throw but Berrian could have made a better play.
    So 1 bad throw.
    I believe later in the game he over threw a guy, Rice was it?
    So 2 bad throws?
    How many bad throws did Peyton, a first ballot HOF'er have?
    Don't even think about saying none.

    Could TJ be better?
    Sure... but come on... 2 bad throws isn't exactly a horrendous performance.
    One slant hit Berrian on the hip instead of maybe a foot and a half farther forward.
    Defender knocked it away, don't think the other foot would have helped.
    The deep ball to Rice could have been more in bounds but I think Rice had a play on it and it was thrown where only he could catch it.

    Maybe I was watching a different game... I didn't see any big accuracy issues.
    He made good decisions, threw to single coverage, didn't force the ball.
    He checked down through multiple receivers (commentators even noted it a few times).
    I'd like to see more plays with his legs but that's alright, he is a QB.
    I thought he did what most of us were hoping he'd do yesterday.
    I don't understand why people are trying to pin the loss on him.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  10. #20
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson Thread

    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    TJack in in his 3rd year and is no more productive now than he was as a rookie.
    He decision making has improved, but his mechanics and accuracy have not, hich leads me to believe they never will.
    People rightfully boo Vince young for sucking Tennessee, why can't we boo TJack when he's missing open throws by a mile?
    I'm sorry... which open throws?
    He threw one to Berrian's feet... not a great throw but Berrian could have made a better play.
    So 1 bad throw.
    I believe later in the game he over threw a guy, Rice was it?
    So 2 bad throws?
    How many bad throws did Peyton, a first ballot HOF'er have?
    Don't even think about saying none.

    Could TJ be better?
    Sure... but come on... 2 bad throws isn't exactly a horrendous performance.
    One slant hit Berrian on the hip instead of maybe a foot and a half farther forward.
    Defender knocked it away, don't think the other foot would have helped.
    The deep ball to Rice could have been more in bounds but I think Rice had a play on it and it was thrown where only he could catch it.

    Maybe I was watching a different game... I didn't see any big accuracy issues.
    He made good decisions, threw to single coverage, didn't force the ball.
    He checked down through multiple receivers (commentators even noted it a few times).
    I'd like to see more plays with his legs but that's alright, he is a QB.
    I thought he did what most of us were hoping he'd do yesterday.
    I don't understand why people are trying to pin the loss on him.
    I'd love to get my hands on some game tape of the receivers. I'm wondering if their ever getting open. There were lots of plays where it seemed like T-Jack had enough time to throw, but couldn't find anyone open to throw to. Are the receivers not open? Are they slightly open, and TJ doesn't have the confidence to try to fit the ball in a tight spot? Is TJ just missing his reads, and not finding the open guy? I don't know the answer right now.

    I think it would help to try to get TJ in a bit of a rhythm in the first quarter. Throw some slants, some draw screens, and some curls. Let him get some high percentage passes in before the second half. All we're seeing so far is pound the ball, and throw it 15 yards when that bogs down. That's no rhythm, and that's no way to build a QBs confidence.

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch
    By Purple Floyd in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 326
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 04:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •