Page 1 of 868 123 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast
    ndobney is offline Training Camp

The Official Tarvaris Jackson Thread

[size=18pt]---EDIT---

This thread is for all the TJ or TJ related posts, threads, etc....period!

-ultra
    [/size]

Vikings fans have a reputation as being some of the best fans in football, for a good reason, because we are great fans. I was at the Raiders Chiefs game today, so I had to tape the game. When I got home I was thinking to myself 5 fg's???? Let me guess Vanilla offense, and the famous going into the prevent defense at the end of football games that cose the Vikings the game, not to mention I figured that Jackson was again extremely inconsistant.........

however after watching the game I realized that this was not the case at all!!!! In fact the Vikings outplayed and in my opinion beat the world championship caliber team Colts, here our several points that I noticed on reasons that TJack did not lose the game for the Vikings.........

1. Shiancoe droped a good pass in the end sone from TJack Vikings must settle for a FG.... If you want to be on a players case get on this guys case.... The issue here is ok
    or reasonable to accpet that a player ever drops a pass in the endzone.... The answer is NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Why am I so adament about this??or a couple of reasons 1st of all yes I understand the occasionally drop ball, but not in the end zone. In the field of play there is running after the catch and getting hit first and other factors that tally into it on why the occasionally drop pass will happen, however in the endzone, all the reciever needs to be concentrating on is catching the ball. There is no what do i do after the catch no where is the first down marker nothing. Dropping that pass is absolutly unacceptable!!!! Vikings NEED to reexamine this postion a TE should be the QB's best friend not his worst enemy. This is not the first time Shiancoe has flat out dropped big pass from TJack. A TD here instead of an incomplete pass drastically improve TJack QB rating for the game.

2. The officials flatout missed the call on the TD, forcing the Vikings to burn a TO in a challege as opposed to Colts.... Also while I'm talking about this The video replay CLEARLY!!!!! CLEARLY!!!!! CLEARLY!!!!! CLEARY!!!! Showed the colts RB not reaching the endsone!!! I do evaluate games a lot on this particular play. I knew that the RB did not cross the plain. I simple took a ruler to the screen of my TV and ran it along the plain of the endzne so that it was flesh.. using this technique it CLEARL shows that he didn't make... Maybe the Colts kick a FG, maybe they go for it and make it, maybe they get stuffed again, maybe it causes the Colts to use a Challenge instead of the Vikings.... Either way it was a blown call and should have been reversed using my simple and logical technique, lets get this call right NFL you have the means.. If you would like and you are short on cash I will loan you a ruler. Anyways can't blame officals for blowing call on the field in full speed, but we can get it right on replay.... This play changed the dynamic of the game. Not TJack fault.

3. Longwells messed FG... Yes kickers will miss the FG's from time to time, but Longwell should have hit that again it is not TJacks fault. Running the balls keeping it on the ground is the right thing to do in that situation, also an interesting note on this is that on the play b4 they pulled Peterson out, Chester Taylor missed a hole on that play that Peterson always gets to. That would have made a diference of AT LEAST another 3-4 yds... Again that effects the kick not saying he would have made it for sure, but it does change the dynamic of the kick....

4. TJack had a couple of passes that were good passes that were CLEARLY pass interference. This gives the Vikings one or two more first downs. Keeps the drive alive keeps the Defense off the field, which also became an issue. I do realize that these plays are in full speed, but there is no excuse for a high school offical to mess those plays let alone an NFL offical... Again not TJacks fault these are things that change the dynamic of the game people, oh yeah and stop booing ur QB when he beating one of the top 2 best teams in the NFL by 8 points.

5. The other reason that it is not TJack's fault is that he did have a fumble on a play, however!!!!!!!!!!! He was hit from his blindside anyQB in the league would have fumbled it. Had McKinney had any respect for his teammates he would have been on the field instead of being suspended. That hit came from his position!!!! There is a reason why Childress doesn't have tollorence for idiots that our unaccountable!!!!
    Outside of that TJack has no turnovers no INT's.... With Adrian Peterson as ur running back, and the Defense that we have that shutdown Payton Manning for the most part, all he needs to do is manage the game, he is doing that well... Some of the players on the team need to step up a little to help TJack who is still a young and IMPROVING QB. I'm not going to mention the names of the players that need to step up a little on offense, b/c it would embarass McKinney, and Shiancoe.

6. Last Point I will admit TJack had a couple of bad passes, but Manning had like 6 or 7 bad passes, a couple of which his recievers caught through TJack a bone sometimes recievers.... Also the bootleg looks really promising for TJack he seems to have a lot of confidence throwing the ball that way, and is making some really nice looking passes when he rolls out of the pocket. The Vikings may have something here... Give TJack a break he is not the problem, Jackson has significantly improved since his first start, and seems to be going in the right direction.... The Vikings can win a Superbowl with him. If we had a great passing QB some of you same idiots would be complanning that we don't hand off the ball enough to AP....

Conclusion watch the games take notes!!!!! Have facts to support your opinions!!!! Plain and simple we played lost to the Packers and Green Bay Chris Carter only beat Green Bay once at GreenBay, we almost did beat them!! Second of all we outplayed and a couple things going our way we beat the Colts.... Those are two games we probably weren't expecting to win at all, and we outplayed our expectations, btw Aarons Rodgers is really good, and so r the Colts for that matter... We r just about there a few balls going in the right direction and were are contending against the best teams in the NFL!!!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson Thread

Wow long and informative second post

I agree i like the strides

Gotta keep pushing it

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

No neither of you have a valid post...You cant see what is obvious to the rest of the world TJ, will never get paid to play QB on any other team...NEVER. He was somebodys pet project, and you guys want him to be the next coming...problem is he couldnt even make it in college ball but you think hes this undiscovered Stud that others just dont see...take a breather from defending this kid for a couple of weeks go look at the top paid QBs and that is what you should be wanting to see, being a fan of this caliber of player must be tuff, its like listening to a soccer mom drone on excuse after excuse about their child being a undiscovered star of the 8th grade team....o yea pedro for prez

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

I don't know about your grammar or all those damned exclamation points, but that was one hell of a great second post.

Nicely done, and welcome to the site.

The only point I'd like to touch on here (since I've already hit a lot of them in previous threads throughout the day) is the concept of Tarvaris looking comfortable on the roll out. Quite a few people have been criticizing that call, but I'm not so sure that it is deserved. One thing that occurred to me is that the rollout seems to work for Tarvaris, much as it did for Jake Plummer in bygone days.

He was pretty damn close to taking those Broncos to the Super Bowl a couple of times, and he may have even done it in his final season if Mike Shanahanigans hadn't decided to replace him with an (even more) inconsistent rookie.

I think this team is better than any of those Broncos teams, so that does give me quite a bit of hope for this team still. Granted, many will point out that Childress is no Shanahanigans (thankfully), but that's another topic altogether.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    No neither of you have a valid post...You cant see what is obvious to the rest of the world TJ, will never get paid to play QB on any other team...NEVER. He was somebodys pet project, and you guys want him to be the next coming...problem is he couldnt even make it in college ball but you think hes this undiscovered Stud that others just dont see...take a breather from defending this kid for a couple of weeks go look at the top paid QBs and that is what you should be wanting to see, being a fan of this caliber of player must be tuff, its like listening to a soccer mom drone on excuse after excuse about their child being a undiscovered star of the 8th grade team....o yea pedro for prez
    Do you know what the word "valid" means, or do you just use words that make it sound like you're making a cohesive argument?

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

First I would like to adress the booing and it seems we've had an issue here and in the general population. Although I was on my couch and did not boo I was awfully pissed that we conintued to kick field goals and show Anemic pass offense. This a game I knew we needed to score points and be agresive, instead we took the safe route only to have it bite us in the rear. When I heard the boos I felt the frustration of 3 years of god awful offense and just flat out frustration. IMO there are some that need to here the boos, nobody wants to have that happen again next week, and I certainly don't want to see a team that can't get it done in the endzone.

At this point I look at the past two games as wins but failures if that makes sense. We consistently win the battle at the line of scrimage and manage to move the ball yet we still loose. Its almost like winning but loosing by self destruction. A team like the Patriots won today with Matt Cassell making smart decisions and "managing" the game. Tarvaris is giving us the managment part but IMO we arn't that good yet, we're needing to ask Tarvaris to do too much which I hate to say. This guy needs some help, he needs Shancoe to step up and give the guy some confidence and the offensive unit a boost, we need the oline to stay consistent when running near and in the red zone. Truth be told I "WISH" The QB position was our only problem but with Tarvaris Jackson's play the past two weeks we created very winable games.

Some of the coaching decision have played a role especailly in todays game. Where was the agresion and urgency to score TD's? We are in play it safe mode which I can't agree with especailly when you are playing a powerhouse offense, we need urgency! If there is a lack of confidence in Tarvaris ability to lead a offense with some urgency he needs to be replaced. The oddest part about the situation comes down to when it is urgent, like before halftime where he lead us in FG in no time, why? Because there was urgency, another example is the second half of the Packer game, he threw for over 150 yards or last years Denver game. I've also got a pet peeve to pick with the personal on the field, I thought after the addition of Berrian, the development of Rice and Allison we would see Bobby Wade at full time slot. Instead we have him lined up on the outside, for god sake give ALLISON those reps. I'm starting think he's the one WR on the roster that consistently gets open. Instead Bobby Wade leads the team in recieving, unbalievable.

On the subject of Jackson's actual play it could certainly be better, the inaccurate throws are growing old, these arn't the hardest passes to make, the short routes have to be all day every day. He's got to step up and start making more accurate throws on a consistent basis and we need guys around him to help him out when he does make plays. The Oline was great today, props to Hicks and Cook for containing the edges.

Overall I think the Offensive Playcalling needs to make some adjustments, it must start becoming more aggresive, we need to play with urgency. I hate protect the lead type ball, BS go out there and score on every drive, that needs to be the attitude. IMO there showing a lack of confidence in Tarvaris and I would think he knows that, this can't be good for him or the team. Carolina Panthers is a huge game it better be a good week of practice.

PS- We've been getting ripped off on PI no-calls its unbalievable, you would hope we are good enough to overcome this but in the end we havn't, we truly needed every call that should be made. Especailly those bombs, two in past two games to put us in scoring position, totally sucks @ss!

ndobney is offline Training Camp

Great post VikingsTW

I agree with everything you say. TJack shows flashes but is inconsistant, but that will come with experience for sure, if watch the games tapes some of the passes he makes he just throws them away. The normal QB will throw the ball out of bounce notice the TJack never does this though.. That's b/c for some reason he just way under throws a a reciever I have no idea why he does it that way, but it makes him look like he is throwing bad passes.
    \I think the play calling and coaching is getting better!! Remember how vanilla it was last year.. He could do a lot more to open things up in this offense. A halfback pass would be a great call while keeping the defense honest, some calls like that would help.. The playcalling is getting less conservative, but needs to take another step in the right direction, this is a team that is close to putting some really good things together

Gift is offline Coordinator

"Give me a break TJack critic's"
    no, he sucks.
    Keep boooooing!
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

The fact that Indy put 8 and sometimes 9 guys in the box to stop Peterson, should tell you that T-Jack can't find the open guy!
    As far as out playing a championship caliber team, the only stat that counts is the scoreboard.
    He is the absolutely the worst quarterback in the league and Childress is a fool for staying with him.

ragz is offline GM

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    i know, what a terrible excuse when a guy drops a td.
    but when tjack throws a bad ball he has to be strung up.
    what its called is watching the game from an already preconcieved notion. all you have to do is look at your statement about his college career.
    totally inaccurate.
    shank is talked about as an after thought, like people expect him to just drop tds.
    but jackson is expected to overcome it, as if hes given all these ample oppurtunities to throw the ball.
    fact is if shank doesnt drop a td, we win.
    jackson gets the td everybody is complaining about that he couldnt get today, and thats one more completion and ten more yards to stats that were decent,yet minimal but produced by the way they used him today.
    anyone who cant see that we are losing games cuz of a lot of problems is really just acting like a dumb fan.
    the whole just bench him crew to me doesnt know football well enough to comprehend how this team has lost its first 2 games.
    it is the typical lame response to a loss, bench the qb, fire the coach.
    problem is you can make a case for childress, cuz you're waiting to see the improvement in an offense with whoever the qb has been and we have yet to do so.
    while other coaches hired the same year as him have shown to improve there teams.

"self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment