Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: The "official" T-Jack thread

"Webby" wrote:
    "hardcor3" wrote:
    I've enjoyed reading these threads for some time, and thought I would make my first post to ask a question. How is getting sacked the QB's fault?? People are flaming on Bolly for getting sacked, as if there was time to do anything. Those sacks came immediately, and I just don't see TJack (or even Mike Vick) moving out of the way. I think some of these linemen may have a history of bullfighting-toro toro. Bolly showed composure, getting up from some hard hits and leading us to a score. Now I'm not calling him "the Messiah", but he did show us the only exciting offense of the day. It's a team game and everyone must do their job.

excellent start....you hit the nail on the head.

People blaming Qbs for sacks like that are lazy thinkers and not interested in figuring out the answer to a problem, just a desire to further their agenda without thought or reason.

Welcome.

Everyone is welcome, glad you signed on.
    brooks stands there like a stone wall, thats what bothers me, at least it seemed like tjack can sense the pressue and try to get out of there

Thanks josdin00

VAKirks is offline Training Camp

Bought my TJack jersey today so it was nice to see a completed pass or two.
    Fumble sucked.
    Whole flipping season sucks.
    God I hate the Bears.
    Bring me the prisoners; I want them alive!

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

personally i would rather loose out and get tjack a stud reciever like calvin johnson, but as for now tjack should get a try and maybe he'll be good,i mean those passes today looked good

Thanks josdin00

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

TJack played QB at Alabama State, he is not Vince Young, and he is certainly not Matt Leinart. Leinart transitioning from USC to the NFL is nothing they practically run an NFL offense.

TJack is not Matt Leinart or Vince Young.

He is very raw, but I think we should give him a shot. Bollinger did play well, but when he was with the Jets he had his good moments, but had about 10 terrible things for every one good one.

I hope we start Jackson for the next 4 games, they're pretty easy ones, we should have hte most trouble with the jets.

Build some confidence for him, then reassure that confidence by drafting a playmaker at WR and solidifying the offensive line with Leonard Davis or Max Starks.

I do want a new offensive coordinator implemented, but that might seriously hinder Tjack's progression, however, I beleive that would be worth it since we need to get something going besides Chester, but I guess new personnel at QB and WR could do the same thing. Who knows.

When Philly brought in TO it made a huge difference for their offense, so hopefully we can do the same with Johnson or Jarrett and a new mobile QB like McNabb.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I wouldn't mind seeing TJack in the rest of the way...we could get a good assessment of what he can do...heck, Denver put their rookie in...and they are DEFINITELY still in the playoff race!
    We are pretty much out of it (still a chance but pretty slim)...if they can make the change, we should too!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

dsharp is offline Training Camp

Circumstances limit the Viking options at QB

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/851534.html

T-Jack himself said he isn't ready to start.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    TJack played QB at Alabama State, he is not Vince Young, and he is certainly not Matt Leinart. Leinart transitioning from USC to the NFL is nothing they practically run an NFL offense.

TJack is not Matt Leinart or Vince Young.

He is very raw, but I think we should give him a shot. Bollinger did play well, but when he was with the Jets he had his good moments, but had about 10 terrible things for every one good one.

I hope we start Jackson for the next 4 games, they're pretty easy ones, we should have hte most trouble with the jets.

Build some confidence for him, then reassure that confidence by drafting a playmaker at WR and solidifying the offensive line with Leonard Davis or Max Starks.

I do want a new offensive coordinator implemented, but that might seriously hinder Tjack's progression, however, I beleive that would be worth it since we need to get something going besides Chester, but I guess new personnel at QB and WR could do the same thing. Who knows.

When Philly brought in TO it made a huge difference for their offense, so hopefully we can do the same with Johnson or Jarrett and a new mobile QB like McNabb.
    I didn't see Steve McNair have any problem transitioning in from ALCORN STATE to the NFL...time to quit dissing players just because they didn't play at a football factory...fact is many QBs who went to those big-time football factories are nothing more than system QBs who can't make it in the NFL (see FLORIDA for example...Grossman INCLUDED!)
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Glad the BJ lovers are actually off of his jock after this game..

Like a few of us have been saying and gettin bashed for.. Why not see what Brooks and Tarvaris can do? Totally proved they are good.. And Brad proved he blows

Still don't see why we didn't give Brooks a second half chance WEEKS ago.. He looked good in New England marching us down the field his second drive.. Coming in cold off the bench against a good D..

So yah, glad everyone is realizing Brad washed up now, I do feel bad for the guy tho.. Truly a nice guy and glad he came back to the Vikes.. Too bad he was benched too late tho

One Love

So is tjack gonna start out, or are we still starting bj?

If next week tjack starts, I will be very very excited!!

dsharp is offline Training Camp

I didn't see Steve McNair have any problem transitioning in from ALCORN STATE to the NFL

McNair didn't start until his third year in the NFL.

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast