Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: * OFFICIAL * Reflections On The Bears Game

"Suick" wrote:
    My Thoughts:

1. O-line played much improved
    2. Receivers get a C- for the drops
    3. TJ needs to take a little off of it on the short passes (see #2)
    3. AP =
    ROY perhaps MVP, he won the game nearly single handedly
    4. 2ndary get a D+ for allowing the big plays (poor tackling!)
    5. Run blocking was good, but AP doesn't need much of a hole anyway.
    6. Leber is a beast
    Very good analysis.

I think TJ was very, very improved in this game.
    A poster several pages back complained about him missing open receivers, and I just didn't see it.
    His balls were on the mark, and more importantly, placed so they would not be picked off.

I was glad to see them go right back to TWill after he dropped that slant.
    Maybe TJack needs to throw a little softer ball, but in the end I put any drops that hit a WR in the hands or chest on the WR.

I am really not as concerned about our secondary as others seem to be.
    The fact is that half of their yardage and 21 of their 31 points came off from three bad plays.
    One where Winfield fell down (which never happens), one where Hester blew by our backs on a go route (stupid mistake) and one where we had poor tackling on Muhammad.
    Mistakes happen.
    Learn from it and move on.
    The rest of the time we were shutting the Bears down.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Suick" wrote:
    My Thoughts:

3. AP =
    6. Leber is a beast
    Very good analysis.

A poster several pages back complained about him missing open receivers, and I just didn't see it.
    His balls were on the mark, and more importantly, placed so they would not be picked off.

Maybe TJack needs to throw a little softer ball, but in the end I put any drops that hit a WR in the hands or chest on the WR.

The fact is that half of their yardage and 21 of their 31 points came off from three bad plays.
    One where Winfield fell down (which never happens), one where Hester blew by our backs on a go route (stupid mistake) and one where we had poor tackling on Muhammad.
    Mistakes happen.
    TJack did miss a couple of open receivers.
    The most obvious one when he had Richardson wide open down the sideline.
    That would have went for a TD.
    But his game was vastly improved over the Detroit game.
    He did not make any mistakes.
    He did not throw the ball up for grabs.
    His receivers had some drops.
    I was happy with TJacks performance yesterday.
    He gave us a chance to win the game.
    What more can we ask for?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: * OFFICIAL * Reflections On The Game

"CulpepperViking16" wrote:
    I'm not impressed....l ook what we had to do to win by 3:

-2 INT's
    -200+ yards/ 3 TD's / 50+ yard kickoff return from Peterson
    -55 yard field goal by Longwell

Now imagine if T-Jack had 1 or 2 interceptions. ...we got lucky. Something's got to happen with this secondary
    Yep, but we were up 14 points with 3 or 4 minutes left in the game.
    It got ugly real fast.

This is what happens when you play the Bears.
    They play ugly ball.
    They have relied on the uncanny plays the last two years.
    Hester and the D are their biggest weapons.

Facts:
    The fact is that TJ didn't throw an INT and we did win the TO battle.
    Fact, AP had a huge (positive) day.
    Fact we won.

Opinion: We got lucky.
    Well, like I said the last few weeks, we were a couple plays away from being undefeated.
    This is just the way the ball bounces.
    We lost be 3,3, and 7 points in the 3 losses.

Vikes
    Total Net Yards
    Penalties-Yards 2-10
    Time of Possession 31:19
    Total Turnovers 0
    FUMBLES (Number-Lost)
    1 - 0

Bears
    Total Net Yards
    Penalties-Yards 4-28
    Time of Possession 28:41
    Total Turnovers 4
    FUMBLES (Number-Lost)
    2 - 2

We may have gotten lucky, but the final fact is that we won!

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Re: * OFFICIAL * Reflections On The Game

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "CulpepperViking16" wrote:
    I'm not impressed....l ook what we had to do to win by 3:

-2 INT's
    -200+ yards/ 3 TD's / 50+ yard kickoff return from Peterson
    -55 yard field goal by Longwell

Now imagine if T-Jack had 1 or 2 interceptions. ...we got lucky. Something's got to happen with this secondary
    Yep, but we were up 14 points with 3 or 4 minutes left in the game.
    It got ugly real fast.

This is what happens when you play the Bears.
    They play ugly ball.
    They have relied on the uncanny plays the last two years.
    Hester and the D are their biggest weapons.

Facts:
    The fact is that TJ didn't throw an INT and we did win the TO battle.
    Fact, AP had a huge (positive) day.
    Fact we won.

Opinion: We got lucky.
    Well, like I said the last few weeks, we were a couple plays away from being undefeated.
    This is just the way the ball bounces.
    We lost be 3,3, and 7 points in the 3 losses.

Vikes
    Total Net Yards
    Penalties-Yards 2-10
    Time of Possession 31:19

Total Turnovers 0
    FUMBLES (Number-Lost)
    1 - 0

Bears
    Total Net Yards
    Penalties-Yards 4-28
    Time of Possession 28:41
    Total Turnovers 4
    FUMBLES (Number-Lost)
    2 - 2

We may have gotten lucky, but the final fact is that we won!
    Nice turn around here!!!
    Only 2 penalties!??
    Nice work!
    Keep it up and we might keep winning 8)

And, the turnover and time battles were won.
    True, we got lucky...been unlucky lately though, and,
    Chicago got lucky too.
    Winfield doesn't fall often, and the conditions obviously contributed to the higher than expected scoring out of two weak offenses against two good defenses.
    Now that I'm sitting here thinking about it...seems like slipping as you move to tackle might make it look like you jumped too soon, just short, missed tackles, similar to the TD the bears got on that crossing pattern where we missed three...?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Suick" wrote:
    My Thoughts:

3. AP =
    6. Leber is a beast
    Very good analysis.

Mistakes happen.
    Nice posts gents.

I was also happy that we went right back to TWill after his miss on the slant (the one that hit him in the chest).
    I don't know how you can make that more catchable?
    When you're throwing slants it's all about timing, and in my opinion there has to be some zing on it so that he can do something after the catch, otherwise your receiver gets nailed immediately after catching a floater.
    On the downfield passes though, Tarvaris can definitely use better touch, such as the pass to Richardson.
    There was no one behind him so there was no reason to throw it on a rope.
    Much like a missed TD to Fergusson a few weeks back.
    Sheesh, let them run under it when there's no coverage.

On a side note, Williamson still seems to have issues with using his arms and body but not his hands.
    I don't even think he used his hands on the TD pass, let alone the slant to his chest, I think he cradled the TD in his forearms, lol.
    His lobster like hands remind me alot of Qadry Ismail.
    It was nice though to see him catch more balls than he missed.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Freya is offline Team Alumni

The game is worth watching again. Now THAT'S something.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

My observations:

Childress should absolutley rip the D and Frazier for just standing out there like the game was won already. To have a fairly solid performance by the D and an amazing day by our RB to almost be lost because they are stupid. If I was coach they would NEVER make that mistake again...

TJ looked soild, especially after 3 weeks off and coming off injury. His stats should be better but the drops were ugly, even Rice was dropping balls and he supposedly has the best hands on the team. TJ should have run for 1st downs a few times but I can see the injury might be lingering in his head. You can see him learning too. Beautiful pass to Williamson, making desicions quicker. Just needs to work on his touch. Another TD to Richardson would have been nice.

Loved the play calling. All day commentators cry about coaches becoming conservative when they have the lead and they need to go for the throat or you end up like AZ last year or Buffalo this year. So thats what Brad does and of course the commentators question what he is doing... Loved the multiple passes in a row, love how AD was used, although I might hold off on using AD in end game situations when you know you need a big play in Kickoffs, too risky otherwise.

AD days is undescribleable, but Chester Taylor shut some people up yesterday. All this crap about AD getting the ball way more is dumb. You dont bust off three huge TD runs when you have been beat up all game. I give some credit to Chester helping to keep AD fresh for all those TD runs. Chester definetly needs to be in the mix at all times.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Redmption" wrote:
    My observations:

Childress should absolutley rip the D and Frazier for just standing out there like the game was won already. To have a fairly solid performance by the D and an amazing day by our RB to almost be lost because they are stupid. If I was coach they would NEVER make that mistake again...

TJ looked soild, especially after 3 weeks off and coming off injury. His stats should be better but the drops were ugly, even Rice was dropping balls and he supposedly has the best hands on the team. TJ should have run for 1st downs a few times but I can see the injury might be lingering in his head. You can see him learning too. Beautiful pass to Williamson, making desicions quicker. Just needs to work on his touch. Another TD to Richardson would have been nice.

Loved the play calling. All day commentators cry about coaches becoming conservative when they have the lead and they need to go for the throat or you end up like AZ last year or Buffalo this year. So thats what Brad does and of course the commentators question what he is doing... Loved the multiple passes in a row, love how AD was used, although I might hold off on using AD in end game situations when you know you need a big play in Kickoffs, too risky otherwise.

AD days is undescribleable, but Chester Taylor shut some people up yesterday. All this crap about AD getting the ball way more is dumb. You dont bust off three huge TD runs when you have been beat up all game. I give some credit to Chester helping to keep AD fresh for all those TD runs. Chester definetly needs to be in the mix at all times.
    I am glad you posted that.
    Anyone who is thinking that CT is no longer an important part of this offense is kidding themselves.

The most successful run game comes from a 1-2 punch at RB.
    The Bears had it last year, and then they traded Jones.

Now they have dropped all the way to 27th overall in rushing.
    Minnesota BTW is #1, and Detroit and Green Bay are #31 and 32 respectively...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:
    My observations:

I am glad you posted that.
    Anyone who is thinking that CT is no longer an important part of this offense is kidding themselves.

The most successful run game comes from a 1-2 punch at RB.
    The Bears had it last year, and then they traded Jones.

Now they have dropped all the way to 27th overall in rushing.
    Minnesota BTW is #1, and Detroit and Green Bay are #31 and 32 respectively...
    We probably should throw some love Ron Mexico's way too.
    His brain-child lifestyle helped the Vikings climb to the top of the rushing charts.....forget it, I'm sure Mexico's brown-eye will be seeing plenty of action without any help.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Redmption" wrote:
    My observations:

Very nice my friend.
    Very nice.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast