Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Official Red Statement

This was from yesterday, I looked in the forums and did not see this entire article, sorry if it is a duplicate:
    Vikings: McCombs disputes sale rumors

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
    Wednesday, January 26, 2005

News
    Vikings' owner Red McCombs issued a press release Wednesday to dispute reports that he is on the verge of selling the team. "None of the media reports concerning the potential sale of the Vikings are correct," McCombs said in a statement. "I am continuing to work with our staff on preparing the Vikings for the 2005 season." McCombs purchsed the team for $246 million in 1998.

Views
    McCombs was very vague when it came to which reports he disputes. After all, there is the report that he has entered into an exclusive negotiating period with Arizona businessman Reggie Fowler. There is also a report that he has upped the sale price from $600 million to $650 million. One way or another, keeper league owners who intend to retain Vikings players should be pulling for a sale. Not only could this situation be a distraction for players throughout the season, but it will be difficult for the Vikings to attract free agent players and top assistant coaches given the uncertainty that exists regarding ownership.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-vikingsmccombsdisput&prov=fanball&type=lgns

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Official Red Statement

sounds like more viking drama to keep us on our toes.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Official Red Statement

I am hoping that it is merely posturing on Red's part to lure Taylor out of hiding and commit to the purchase.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Official Red Statement

Don't know if this has been discussed yet, but does anyone else think Red is just making up all this selling the team crap so people give money for a new stadium to ensure that they stay in Minny??

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Official Red Statement

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    Don't know if this has been discussed yet, but does anyone else think Red is just making up all this selling the team crap so people give money for a new stadium to ensure that they stay in Minny??
    Could be true, but he is a businessman and may just be trying to squeeze out the most profit he can prior to dumping his team. Anyone know what his track record was on his past teams?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Official Red Statement

I'm inclined to believe the "Smoke and mirrors" theory on this.

Red *colon blocker* McCombs has made no secret of the fact that he wants to sell. While he keeps jacking up the price - and losing prospective buyers - he keeps it out there.

He then received visits from both Taylor and Fowler. Now, unless they flew to Texas to let Red *I wear women's clothing and fondle dog wieners* McCombs saliva wash their manhoods, I can't see any reason other than the purchase of the Vikings to drag them down there.

Red *I like to moonlight as a truck stop urinal* McCombs has been - it seems - on a one-man (And I use the term loosely) crusade to erode the Vikings. Paying chump change for coaches means we'll NEVER attract top talent. Refusing to dip into the coffers means we'll NEVER field a premier team.

If he doesn't sell, the only losers will be the Vikings and their fans. We'll be saddled with a crap owner who is slowly driving this team into the dust.

If he DOES sell - no matter who buys it - we become better.

Caine

PhillyVikes is offline Starter

Official Red Statement

"Red *colon blocker* McCombs
    Red *I wear women's clothing and fondle dog Mcombs
    Red *I like to moonlight as a truck stop urinal* wieners* McCombs "

ROFL sums it up perfectly, good post Caine

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Official Red Statement

Hey if Red dies before he sells the vikings, which at his age could very well happen before the next season, who would get the team, his wife? Maybe she would sell.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Official Red Statement

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Hey if Red dies before he sells the vikings, which at his age could very well happen before the next season, who would get the team, his wife? Maybe she would sell.
    Don't know, but it would be logical unless he has business partners involved. If "Red bend me over and fly me to the moon :ky: as long as there's money involved McCheap" wanted the Vikes to be a winning team, he'd invest as much of the cap money as possible to obtain top notch talent. He doesn't, which leads me to conclude it's all about how much profit he can make on a resale. Some may disagree and claim his quick draft signings the last couple of years indicates he wants a quality team. I think he is only spending enough money to keep the Vikings somewhat respectable, so potential buyers won't shy away from a team requiring massive infusion of captital. Make sense?

It would be cool for a bunch of you Mpls area fans to attend a Timberwolves game at the same time Taylor was present. Then at the right moment, all stand up with big signs proclaiming "Mr. Taylor, save our Vikings!!!" "Bring Viking ownership HOME." "McCombs = LOSER! Taylor = WINNER!!!" etc. Get some television and print coverage... :thumbright:
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Official Red Statement

If McCombs doesn't sell, I'm ordering a Jersey with "McCombs Sucks" on the back.

Caine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast