Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 161 to 165 of 165
  1. #161
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: OFFICIAL RAMS vs VIKES POSTGAME THREAD

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:



    Crow thread?

    The only ones who need those are the Favre bashers and haters....He's making you all look foolish.
    He WILL finish the season and he will lead us into the playoffs and beyond.

    If anyone needs to ask whats up with AD's running and other on the field questions, they don't know the game and can't see it for themselves whats going on......It's all good by the way and we are Winning because of it....Period
    Sometimes you crack me up My Farvish Friend.

    Instead of going on a Naked Ned rant, why not use some facts to make your point, something along the lines of .....
    AD has more yards and TDs now than he did last year.

    http://blogs.twincities.com/Vikings/...-the-help.html

    Then I could come back and say something like.....Nice point Neddy.
    Followed by something like, ........

    The season still isn't over and he still hasn't made it through the season and he still hasn't demonstrated the ability to stretch the field which would eliminate the stacked boxes and is getting his yards regardless of who plays QB..... kind of points.......You know, real football talk in stead starting with all of the "Hater" stuff again.

    No worries though, you, as I said, still crack me up.

    Are you stating he's not stretching the field?
    Because I can recall several plays down field in which he completed passes.
    No, they aren't for 50 or 60 yards but they are for 30+ yards.
    Hitting WRs in the middle of the field.
    People keep saying the stacked boxes are still there.
    We all have to face it that teams schemes are to stop AP.
    However look back at the 2nd half of the SF game and the Packer game.
    Do you still see a lot of stacked boxes?
    The answer is no.
    The reason?
    Favre is able to move the ball with his arm.


    If you want to use the stacked boxes theory I can agree that they have faced more stacked boxes than not.
    However, if he keep hitting those 30 yard passes teams will eventually get the hint that stopping AP isn't the only game plan.
    If they want to stack boxes now let them.
    I am pretty sure it hasn't worked so far since they are scoring 32 points a game and they are 5-0.
    I am more confident that Favre can handle those stacked boxes that I was with TJ or Gus.
    You know, I would agree with you to a point, however, if you really take a look at were a S lines up against a team that can "Stretch" the field vs a team that throws it in and around the "Box", I don't care how many times we complete a 30 yarder.

    They don't have to take thier initial zone deep enough to alleviate stacked boxes as it is only a couple of steps to recover from a pass to help out in the run game.

    Kindof why teams will try to take at least 1 or 2 deep shots (successfull or not).
    Keeps them Sneaky Assed S's back were they belong.



    On a side note, a regular caller on "Moving the Chains" called in with a very novel idea.

    The amount of passing vs lack of running plays in a two fold effort by the coaching staff......

    1.
    Keep AD fresh for later on in the season when we will have to run the ball.
    2.
    Keeps working the passing game as it isn't quite what it needs to be (ala the Deep Ball) when we get into the second season when we will face teams that can shut AD down.

    Kindof a interesting thing to look into/ponder. Is the Chiller sneaky enough to work the season that way?
    Some on here probably will say no, I, on the other hand kindof buy into it, at least on a first look basis.
    :
    I like what you have to say here Marr but let me ask you a question?
    Would you agree that they have tried to go deep once or twice a game?
    If so then I am about to disprove your theory.
    On most of the plays where they have gone deep there have been Safeties close to the play.
    So if I am reading your post correctly isn't that "stretching the field"?
    Since it doesn't it matter whether or not they are completing those passes, why are we even having this discussion?
    Teams are not going to complete a high % of deep passes.
    That is just the way things are in the NFL.
    Only a handful of teams have been overly successful in a season that I can recall 98 Vikes and 2007 Pats).

    My entire point is this.
    Favre has played very well.
    Your theory that Favre can't hit the deep pass maybe true to an extent but he has hit the deep pass this year.
    One may interpret deep passes different than others.
    I have seen Favre hit what I consider to be deep in almost every game this year.
    If I look at your interpretation a deep pass has to be over 40 yards in the stat book.
    I don't agree because the passing yardage doesn't always tell the true yardage that the ball was in the air.
    Therefore those 30 yarders that you don't care about are more than likely 40 yards in the air or very close to it.
    The fact he still throws these passes like a freaking lazer tells me he still has a good arm and he can still hit deep passes.
    Because most of his passes this year has been pretty on target.

  2. #162
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: OFFICIAL RAMS vs VIKES POSTGAME THREAD

    "ejmat" wrote:
    I like what you have to say here Marr but let me ask you a question?
    Would you agree that they have tried to go deep once or twice a game?
    If so then I am about to disprove your theory.
    On most of the plays where they have gone deep there have been Safeties close to the play.
    So if I am reading your post correctly isn't that "stretching the field"?
    Since it doesn't it matter whether or not they are completing those passes, why are we even having this discussion?
    Teams are not going to complete a high % of deep passes.
    That is just the way things are in the NFL.
    Only a handful of teams have been overly successful in a season that I can recall 98 Vikes and 2007 Pats).
    You are correct, he they have taken thier shots deep and yes, S's have gone with them but not on every play.
    Most of the deep shots, the way I remember them, the WR was single covered by the CB or atleast the secondary was in a "Cloud/Cover 3" look with at least one S still cheating up into the box.

    As to completion %of deep passes, tell that to Romo, Eli, Peyton, Rodgers and Schaub.

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...H&d-447263-n=1

    My entire point is this.
    Favre has played very well.
    Your theory that Favre can't hit the deep pass maybe true to an extent but he has hit the deep pass this year.
    One may interpret deep passes different than others.
    I have seen Favre hit what I consider to be deep in almost every game this year.
    If I look at your interpretation a deep pass has to be over 40 yards in the stat book.
    I don't agree because the passing yardage doesn't always tell the true yardage that the ball was in the air.
    Therefore those 30 yarders that you don't care about are more than likely 40 yards in the air or very close to it.
    The fact he still throws these passes like a freaking lazer tells me he still has a good arm and he can still hit deep passes.
    Because most of his passes this year has been pretty on target.
    You are correct, sometimes a "Deep Ball" is nothing more than a stat that is skewed by YAC.
    We went over this with what he did in NY last year.
    To date, I have only been provided 3 clips of Noodle Arm completing a pass that flew 40 yards or greater threw the air.
    Again, that was all brought on by a thing done by Baldy on NFLN were he contended that Noodle arm wasn't able to do it anymore.
    Heck if memory serves Baldy even went so far to say that he didn't do it.

    Has Noodle arm played well and tried to stay in the system?
    Sure, I have already admitted that I don't know how many times, however, I still contend that he isn't doing what almost all of the "Pro Noodle Arm" guys said he would do and that is stretch the field, make the opposing D respect the pass and eliminate stacked boxes.

    As Singer pointed out in another thread, who you gonna believe, Marrdro or the players (D-coords in this case)?
    D-Coords do not worry about him at this point.
    They continue to single cover our WR's and give very little S help over the top allowing them to bring at least one, and at times 2 S's into the box.

    That allows them to clog it up for the run as well as to help the LB's in the short/quick stuff.
    If/When we start to exploit that outside stuff (BB is catching alot of balls inside) things will open up, again, as most on here contended it would.

    By the way, I still worry about his arm and how many "Deep" passes he throws.
    I am happy to sit back and watch him dink/dunk all day to save that arm.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #163
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: OFFICIAL RAMS vs VIKES POSTGAME THREAD

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    I like what you have to say here Marr but let me ask you a question?
    Would you agree that they have tried to go deep once or twice a game?
    If so then I am about to disprove your theory.
    On most of the plays where they have gone deep there have been Safeties close to the play.
    So if I am reading your post correctly isn't that "stretching the field"?
    Since it doesn't it matter whether or not they are completing those passes, why are we even having this discussion?
    Teams are not going to complete a high % of deep passes.
    That is just the way things are in the NFL.
    Only a handful of teams have been overly successful in a season that I can recall 98 Vikes and 2007 Pats).
    You are correct, he they have taken thier shots deep and yes, S's have gone with them but not on every play.
    Most of the deep shots, the way I remember them, the WR was single covered by the CB or atleast the secondary was in a "Cloud/Cover 3" look with at least one S still cheating up into the box.

    As to completion %of deep passes, tell that to Romo, Eli, Peyton, Rodgers and Schaub.

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...H&d-447263-n=1

    My entire point is this.
    Favre has played very well.
    Your theory that Favre can't hit the deep pass maybe true to an extent but he has hit the deep pass this year.
    One may interpret deep passes different than others.
    I have seen Favre hit what I consider to be deep in almost every game this year.
    If I look at your interpretation a deep pass has to be over 40 yards in the stat book.
    I don't agree because the passing yardage doesn't always tell the true yardage that the ball was in the air.
    Therefore those 30 yarders that you don't care about are more than likely 40 yards in the air or very close to it.
    The fact he still throws these passes like a freaking lazer tells me he still has a good arm and he can still hit deep passes.
    Because most of his passes this year has been pretty on target.
    You are correct, sometimes a "Deep Ball" is nothing more than a stat that is skewed by YAC.
    We went over this with what he did in NY last year.
    To date, I have only been provided 3 clips of Noodle Arm completing a pass that flew 40 yards or greater threw the air.

    Again, that was all brought on by a thing done by Baldy on NFLN were he contended that Noodle arm wasn't able to do it anymore.
    Heck if memory serves Baldy even went so far to say that he didn't do it.

    Has Noodle arm played well and tried to stay in the system?
    Sure, I have already admitted that I don't know how many times, however, I still contend that he isn't doing what almost all of the "Pro Noodle Arm" guys said he would do and that is stretch the field, make the opposing D respect the pass and eliminate stacked boxes.

    As Singer pointed out in another thread, who you gonna believe, Marrdro or the players (D-coords in this case)?
    D-Coords do not worry about him at this point.
    They continue to single cover our WR's and give very little S help over the top allowing them to bring at least one, and at times 2 S's into the box.

    That allows them to clog it up for the run as well as to help the LB's in the short/quick stuff.
    If/When we start to exploit that outside stuff (BB is catching alot of balls inside) things will open up, again, as most on here contended it would.

    By the way, I still worry about his arm and how many "Deep" passes he throws.
    I am happy to sit back and watch him dink/dunk all day to save that arm.

    That is a fair post Marrdro.
    The only thing I will say is if defenses continue to post a man on man defense against the WRs and try to key on AP then that is their problem.
    Favre will burn them for doing so. He already has.
    That is what the pro-Favre crowd has said all along.
    The WRs are getting open and Favre is finding the open WR.
    Personally I don't care whether they are 40 yard passes or 5 yard passes as long as the chains are being moved and they are scoring TDs.
    So far, they are doing both so I am very happy with what the team is doing.

    The Ravens will be a great test.
    The have a great defense with some very smart players.
    The one thing I keep mentioning however that seems to be left out of the replies is that SF and GB stopped stacking the box.
    Why is that?
    Because Favre beat them with his arm when he needed to do so.

  4. #164
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OFFICIAL RAMS vs VIKES POSTGAME THREAD

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    By the way, I still worry about his arm and how many "Deep" passes he throws.
    I am happy to sit back and watch him dink/dunk all day to save that arm.

    Is everything under 40 yards a dink and dunk?
    Watch the highlights from this game:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota-...ams-highlights

    Favre has several passes (at least four featured in this video) that went for more than 20 yards through the air.
    Might not be a "deep" pass in your book, but they are hardly dink and dunk either.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #165
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: OFFICIAL RAMS vs VIKES POSTGAME THREAD

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    By the way, I still worry about his arm and how many "Deep" passes he throws.
    I am happy to sit back and watch him dink/dunk all day to save that arm.

    Is everything under 40 yards a dink and dunk?
    Watch the highlights from this game:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota-...ams-highlights

    Favre has several passes (at least four featured in this video) that went for more than 20 yards through the air.
    Might not be a "deep" pass in your book, but they are hardly dink and dunk either.
    Not to mention the way they are thrown.
    LAZERS.
    Not just lobs.
    These aer the types of passes I have been talking about.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Similar Threads

  1. OFFICIAL LIONS POSTGAME THREAD
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 224
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 01:18 PM
  2. OFFICIAL NINERS POSTGAME THREAD
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 225
    Last Post: 11-18-2009, 09:19 PM
  3. OFFICIAL VIKES vs PACK POSTGAME THREAD
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 226
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 12:12 PM
  4. OFFICIAL STEELERS POSTGAME THREAD
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 551
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 01:50 PM
  5. OFFICIAL VIKES vs LIONS POSTGAME THREAD
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 235
    Last Post: 09-27-2009, 06:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •