Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:OFFICIAL: Pre Game / Predictions vs. Saints

AsylumGuido wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I thought this was a prediction thread, not a butt plug and ear plug discussion thread.
    Quite right. I had been sitting on about a 34-24 line, but with recent news I think I go ...

38-20 New Orleans Saints
    I'm of the mind it will get lopsided as well.

2 mistakes by one teams offense will be that deciding factor were one team gets ahead and the other has to become a one dimensional team.

My hope and guess leads me to believe that Breeze will make those mistakes based on a couple of points I made earlier.....

a. TE play. I don't think you match up well with what Shanc can do on the outside. This will force your D-coord to go to more of a Cover 2/Cloud zone look that Sharp isn't very good at.

b. DL/AD. I don't think you guys are ready to stop AD. Sure, he won't get huge yards at first, but the mix of him repeatedly getting 5-15 mixed in with the playaction stuff will cause you to be reactivive instead of dictating like you did against Warner and the Cards.

That will mean that Breeze will be taking chances to catch up and will play right into our DL's hands.
    Don't count on seeing the cover 2. With Greer and Porter healthy at CB and Randall Gay healthy at nickel you will only see Sharper playing center field. Between Greer and Porter they only allow one TD all season and that was a questionable 64 yard push off by Roddy White on Porter.
    So if we give you a look of

BB LT LG C RG RT PH Rice
    QB Shanc

AD
    Who takes Shanc? One of your LB'rs?

On your second point, this is the 10th game all season with DT Ellis, SLB Fujita, SLB Shanle, CB Greer and CB Porter all starting. Over the previous nine starts by these players the Saints have held opponents to only 88,58 yards per game rushing as a team.
    Thats a real nice stat/tidbit, but who were the teams? Did they have the beef we have? Did they have a TE who can act as a inline blocker as well as a threat in the passing game?

Any way, just to remind you, you gave up:

a. 176 yards rushing to Tampa with the ever dangerous Freeman at the helm. I am sure you didn't try to stack the box on that one being so worried about his passing skills.
    b. 145 to Dallas, but hey, they weren't running much as they were putting the ball in the air for a whopping 294 yards.
    c. Not sure what happened in Atlanta. At 6.7 yards an attempt average you gave up 161.

Should I go on? What am I missing here?

That includes last week after the 70 yard Hightower run on the first play. The Cards only managed another 31 yards over the next 59:41 minutes.
    I had to single this out. Who was the S that came up in the box and missed the tackle?
    You are missing that those key player were missing.

And on ...

BB LT LG C RG RT PH Rice
    QB Shanc

AD

You would see Porter on BB, Greer on Rice, Gay on Percy (if he can even play), Sharper on Shanc and Fujita on Peterson with SS Roman Harper coming on a blitz.

With the coverage Brett would be looking at AD on the check down, but would be hard pressed to get anything off, accurately anyway..
    So your saying all of those players were out at the end of the season and are just coming back?

Talk about banking on some "rusty" coinage.

And I bet the Noodle would love to slow assed Sharp on Shanc matched up one on one on the outside or up the middle for that matter without a LB to help.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AsylumGuido wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Neither defense should be able to stop the other defense effectively. Those man to man match-ups seem nice, but both offenses have players on the offense side on the ball that deserve double coverage.

Thinking Rice, Colston etc. here.

Both teams have a TE who's a match-up nightmare. Greenway/Leber won't contain Shockey. Neither will your nickel CB. If you do go with Winfield on Shockey, because he's killing you, those receivers will absolutely destroy you.

It's somewhat the same the other way around. When you put a corner/safety on Shiancoe, he'll outsize you, if you put a LB on him, you're usually going to lose the match-up. Only difference here is that you have just two good WRs, imo, and one of them is questionable for tomorrow's game.

I don't think that Berrian is that good a player.

Like said before, on the defensive side, the key will be the pass rush. It'd be ironic to see Will Smith ripping up your O-line after having his behind saved from a star caps-related suspension by your two big guys. This is going to be a close one. It looks like it'll only take a stop or 3 to win this game. Not the kind of football I like, but hey, if it works, it works.

Saints 38 - Vikings 31. And that's just because of the home field advantage. It's a big one in NO.

One thing I was wondering, though, Guido. You want Sharper in man on Shiancoe? You'd prefer that over having him play robber or cover 1?
    Good eye! But, I am thinking blitz in that offensive alignment. Porter, Greer and Gay can easily man up in their assignments in a pressure attack. I would rather see Sharper come in on the TE to give the rush a chance at Favre.
    See, this is exactly the quandry the Saints will be in as they try to match up with Shanc.

Put him in motion from our base set and spread him wide, what do you do? Take a LB out of the box and give S help over the top?

AD all day.

Leave him singled up on a LB'r, the Noodle will eat that shit up.

Give that LB help with a S over the top, now your back into Cover 2 which your team isn't to good at.

Blitz. Yea right. You gotta have a DL that can work those matchups so that the blitzer will get there in time. Again, the Noodle with eat that up.

If ole Bevel and Company do with Shanc what they've been working in the last few games, its gonna be a long day for the Saints D my friend and that crowd will get quite real quick.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AsylumGuido is offline Rookie

Marrdro wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I thought this was a prediction thread, not a butt plug and ear plug discussion thread.
    Quite right. I had been sitting on about a 34-24 line, but with recent news I think I go ...

38-20 New Orleans Saints
    I'm of the mind it will get lopsided as well.

2 mistakes by one teams offense will be that deciding factor were one team gets ahead and the other has to become a one dimensional team.

My hope and guess leads me to believe that Breeze will make those mistakes based on a couple of points I made earlier.....

a. TE play. I don't think you match up well with what Shanc can do on the outside. This will force your D-coord to go to more of a Cover 2/Cloud zone look that Sharp isn't very good at.

b. DL/AD. I don't think you guys are ready to stop AD. Sure, he won't get huge yards at first, but the mix of him repeatedly getting 5-15 mixed in with the playaction stuff will cause you to be reactivive instead of dictating like you did against Warner and the Cards.

That will mean that Breeze will be taking chances to catch up and will play right into our DL's hands.
    Don't count on seeing the cover 2. With Greer and Porter healthy at CB and Randall Gay healthy at nickel you will only see Sharper playing center field. Between Greer and Porter they only allow one TD all season and that was a questionable 64 yard push off by Roddy White on Porter.
    So if we give you a look of

BB LT LG C RG RT PH Rice
    QB Shanc

AD
    Who takes Shanc? One of your LB'rs?

On your second point, this is the 10th game all season with DT Ellis, SLB Fujita, SLB Shanle, CB Greer and CB Porter all starting. Over the previous nine starts by these players the Saints have held opponents to only 88,58 yards per game rushing as a team.
    Thats a real nice stat/tidbit, but who were the teams? Did they have the beef we have? Did they have a TE who can act as a inline blocker as well as a threat in the passing game?

Any way, just to remind you, you gave up:

a. 176 yards rushing to Tampa with the ever dangerous Freeman at the helm. I am sure you didn't try to stack the box on that one being so worried about his passing skills.
    b. 145 to Dallas, but hey, they weren't running much as they were putting the ball in the air for a whopping 294 yards.
    c. Not sure what happened in Atlanta. At 6.7 yards an attempt average you gave up 161.

Should I go on? What am I missing here?

That includes last week after the 70 yard Hightower run on the first play. The Cards only managed another 31 yards over the next 59:41 minutes.
    I had to single this out. Who was the S that came up in the box and missed the tackle?
    You are missing that those key player were missing.

And on ...

BB LT LG C RG RT PH Rice
    QB Shanc

AD

You would see Porter on BB, Greer on Rice, Gay on Percy (if he can even play), Sharper on Shanc and Fujita on Peterson with SS Roman Harper coming on a blitz.

With the coverage Brett would be looking at AD on the check down, but would be hard pressed to get anything off, accurately anyway..
    So your saying all of those players were out at the end of the season and are just coming back?

Talk about banking on some "rusty" coinage.

And I bet the Noodle would love to slow assed Sharp on Shanc matched up one on one on the outside or up the middle for that matter without a LB to help.
    No. They all came back in the blowout over the Cardinals. Did that look like rust to you?
    Saints Fan Since 1967

I'm gonna go... 35-31 Vikes...

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

AsylumGuido wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    The Vikings' codes of silence

That unit plans to deal with the deafening roar by not saying a word, at least at the line of scrimmage. For the first time this season, the Vikings are likely to spend an entire game using the silent count -- meaning quarterback Brett Favre will trigger the snap of the ball with actions.

It might not be ideal, but teams have long used silent counts in noisy environments where it's difficult for the interior linemen and running backs to hear and impossible for the tackles and wide receivers to pick up what is being said by the quarterback.
    We understand what a silent count is and that is will be used. We have used it this season.
    Of course you have. All teams do when needed. But, the fact remains that on silent counts the defensive line has a marked advantage measured at 0.5 seconds based upon going off the movement of the ball, while the offense has to go off a count in their head or movement by the defense. Ear plug, butt plug, makes no difference in that.
    Saints DC Gregg Williams scheme needs lot of communication/coordination so crowd noise a factor; good news is Vikings offense fairly simple.
    http://twitter.com/mortreport/status/8153119942

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

VikingsDoll is offline Training Camp

marstc09 wrote:
    Ha ha funny Marstc!
    None

This is the end of the game:

35-24, Saints march down the field with 2 minutes left and score a TD, making it 35-31.

They then try an onside kick but they don't get it. Peterson runs it once and then Favre takes the Kneels of Glory.

TheVike1 is offline Rookie

Well I am back and have been following and reading the thread(s). Don't know what to think expect or believe but all the prognosticators and predictions got me in a tail spin for sure. Only thing I have NOT seen nor heard is the possibioity of a LOW scoring contest... Is it possible the Vikes win 6-3 SKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! All I know is that a heart attack might be looming or a bad case of the RUNS!!!!!!!!!
    "It's all in God's hands" R E Lee 7/3/1863

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738