Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Re:OFFICIAL: Pre Game / Predictions vs. Saints

AsylumGuido wrote:
    RK. wrote:
    A couple of observations..

When Brees is under pressure he throws the ball up for grabs.

Favre probably knows Sharper better than any QB in the NFL

If we play like we have the last two games there is no team in the NFL that can out play us.
    Actually, Brees very rarely throws them up for grabs. He was only picked off 11 times on the season and the vast majority of those were either tipped balls or half ending hail mary's.

As for Sharper, he absolutely knows Favre better than any FS in the NFL and gets to play a roaming center field.
    The VAST majority of them were tipped or hail mary's? That is absolutely not true. As a matter of fact. Just looked up all of his interceptions (you know you can do that right?) and not a single one of them was on a Hail Mary. I guess a couple might have been tipped, but whatever.

Bottom line ... interceptions are interceptions. His receivers bail him out on some plays (like any QBs) and sometimes they don't.

Brees turns the ball over ... simple as that ... he has 17 turnovers on the season. He gets flustered when he gets pressured. A lot more so than say Manning or Favre.

That being said ... when the pressure does not get there, there is probably not a better passer in the league.

If we get pressure on Brees ... we will win the game and he will turn the ball over. You can bank on it.
    None

AsylumGuido is offline Rookie

Zeus wrote:
    Yes, no one ever seems to notice that Sharper is a whiffer. The interceptions blind people to his horrid tackling. As a Vikings' season-ticket-holder, I've watched that act over and over again during his time here. Continue to ignore it at your peril.

=Z=
    Fortunately, our front seven is strong enough in run support that Sharper simply has to do what he does best, and that is ball hawking. Harper will continue handling any cleanup that needs to be done in the second level.
    Saints Fan Since 1967

AsylumGuido wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Yes, no one ever seems to notice that Sharper is a whiffer. The interceptions blind people to his horrid tackling. As a Vikings' season-ticket-holder, I've watched that act over and over again during his time here. Continue to ignore it at your peril.

=Z=
    Fortunately, our front seven is strong enough in run support that Sharper simply has to do what he does best, and that is ball hawking. Harper will continue handling any cleanup that needs to be done in the second level.
    Yes ... your front seven is so strong it led you to the very impressive 25th-ranked defense in the league. So strong in fact that only 20 teams were better against the run. ONLY 20!
    None

Midge Resurrected wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    RK. wrote:

If we play like we have the last two games there is no team in the NFL that can out play us.
    Actually, Brees very rarely throws them up for grabs. He was only picked off 11 times on the season and the vast majority of those were either tipped balls or half ending hail mary's.

As for Sharper, he absolutely knows Favre better than any FS in the NFL and gets to play a roaming center field.
    The VAST majority of them were tipped or hail mary's? That is absolutely not true. As a matter of fact. Just looked up all of his interceptions (you know you can do that right?) and not a single one of them was on a Hail Mary. I guess a couple might have been tipped, but whatever.

Bottom line ... interceptions are interceptions. His receivers bail him out on some plays (like any QBs) and sometimes they don't.

Brees turns the ball over ... simple as that ... he has 17 turnovers on the season. He gets flustered when he gets pressured. A lot more so than say Manning or Favre.

That being said ... when the pressure does not get there, there is probably not a better passer in the league.

If we get pressure on Brees ... we will win the game and he will turn the ball over. You can bank on it.
    You are correct. Hail mary was a bad description. It was more forcing the ball with nothing to lose. That said, Brees is about as cool under pressure as any QB in the game. Do not expect to be able to deliver the same pressure as given to Romo. That Cowboys' offensive line can be horrible at times.
    Saints Fan Since 1967

Midge Resurrected wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=
    Yes ... your front seven is so strong it led you to the very impressive 25th-ranked defense in the league. So strong in fact that only 20 teams were better against the run. ONLY 20!
    I explained the drop in ranking earlier. Through the first eight games the Saints ranked in the top 10 in total defense and in the top five in rush defense. Then the team was decimated with defensive injuries to starters. All of those starters are back and you saw how they totally shut down the Cards who had put up 51 on the NFL's 2nd ranked defense the week before.
    Saints Fan Since 1967

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I have watched too many Saints games to be very scared about this matchup. This year the Saints can bring it when they want to, no doubt about that. From my armchair I just don't see the Saints winning the battles in the trenches. No way. Their o-line doesn't match up well with our d-line and their d-line doesn't match up well with our o-line. This game will be more old school with the Vikings using the run to setup the pass.

The Saints ranked #21 in yds/game given up by the rush while the Vikings ranked 2nd. Look for AD, CT, Harvin to have a lot of yards on the ground. Then they focus on the run and the battle of the wise vet picking apart their secondary, which gave up more yards than the Vikings secondary this season.

The Saints and Vikings are #1 and #2 in pts/game, respectively, with the Saints edging the Vikings by a little over 2 pts per game. The Vikings defense gave up an average of 19.5 pts/game versus the Saints 21.3 pts/game. That makes it a wash.

Bottom-line is this game will be won in the trenches by the Vikings and their ground game will dominate and allow Faver to use his weapons effectively. Both teams will be fired up.

The Vikings have won 8 of their last 9 games against the Saints and the Saints will come out with a vengeance. The Superdome will be extremely loud, but, the Vikings will be prepared. Let there be no doubt that this area of the country is laden with Favre fans that may help buffer the noise factor.

Vikings by 10 in a nail biter.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Zeus wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    RK. wrote:

Sharper, LOL. Nice whiff he had on Hightower's TD run to start the game. How come you didn't mention that? I can't WAIT until Harvin or AD have a chance to make a move on that joke in the open-field. TOUCHDOWN, Vikings.
    I never said anything about Sharper in run support. That is Harper's job. Harvin and Peterson will have plenty to deal with at the line. After that 70 yard fluke opening the game the Cards only managed another 31 yards in 59:19 of play.

=Z=
    Amazing that he started every game for three straight seasons on the #1 rush defense in the NFL.

He also makes many many tackles every year, more over the last few years than Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu.

To say Sharper should have made the tackle of Hightower is silly, he got past the D-line, and the linebackers untouched and un slowed. Sharper or any other Safety in the league will get burned 9 out of 10 times in the NFL.

Prophet wrote:
    I have watched too many Saints games to be very scared about this matchup. This year the Saints can bring it when they want to, no doubt about that. From my armchair I just don't see the Saints winning the battles in the trenches. No way. Their o-line doesn't match up well with our d-line and their d-line doesn't match up well with our o-line. This game will be more old school with the Vikings using the run to setup the pass.

The Saints ranked #21 in yds/game given up by the rush while the Vikings ranked 2nd. Look for AD, CT, Harvin to have a lot of yards on the ground. Then they focus on the run and the battle of the wise vet picking apart their secondary, which gave up more yards than the Vikings secondary this season.

The Saints and Vikings are #1 and #2 in pts/game, respectively, with the Saints edging the Vikings by a little over 2 pts per game. The Vikings defense gave up an average of 19.5 pts/game versus the Saints 21.3 pts/game. That makes it a wash.

Bottom-line is this game will be won in the trenches by the Vikings and their ground game will dominate and allow Faver to use his weapons effectively. Both teams will be fired up.

The Vikings have won 8 of their last 9 games against the Saints and the Saints will come out with a vengeance. The Superdome will be extremely loud, but, the Vikings will be prepared. Let there be no doubt that this area of the country is laden with Favre fans that may help buffer the noise factor.

Vikings by 10 in a nail biter.
    If any of those game you watched were in the second half of the season you did not experience what the Saints will bring. You can expect to see what they came with in the first half on Saturday. Once they were up 35-14 at half Payton turned down the heat in the second half.
    Saints Fan Since 1967

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

AsylumGuido wrote:
    I explained the drop in ranking earlier. Through the first eight games the Saints ranked in the top 10 in total defense and in the top five in rush defense. Then the team was decimated with defensive injuries to starters. All of those starters are back and you saw how they totally shut down the Cards who had put up 51 on the NFL's 2nd ranked defense the week before.
    Sounds like you guys seriously lack depth if a few booboo's knock your top 5 D to a bottom 10 D. My guess is the first few games of the season really don't mean poo as some teams come out more prepared than others and the full season rankings are more indicative of how a team plays. As for being healthy... you may want to go back and watch AD run again... he doesn't go around you, he doesn't go over you, he goes straight through you... over and over again... more than 1 defender this season has been helped off the field after encountering the phenom that is Purple Jesus.

Beating the Saints isn't complicated... Dallas laid out the blue print... take away the big play... make your tackles... don't screw up on offense. I see the Vikings doing the same thing they did to Dallas to Saints. If they execute, they win. The Saints aren't made to go down the field 3 yards at a time, the Vikings are. We don't need big plays to win, they do.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

BleedinPandG wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    Sounds like you guys seriously lack depth if a few booboo's knock your top 5 D to a bottom 10 D. My guess is the first few games of the season really don't mean poo as some teams come out more prepared than others and the full season rankings are more indicative of how a team plays. As for being healthy... you may want to go back and watch AD run again... he doesn't go around you, he doesn't go over you, he goes straight through you... over and over again... more than 1 defender this season has been helped off the field after encountering the phenom that is Purple Jesus.

Beating the Saints isn't complicated... Dallas laid out the blue print... take away the big play... make your tackles... don't screw up on offense. I see the Vikings doing the same thing they did to Dallas to Saints. If they execute, they win. The Saints aren't made to go down the field 3 yards at a time, the Vikings are. We don't need big plays to win, they do.
    No, we actually have fantastic depth. We lost 12 different starters over the last eight games and still won five of them. THAT is a sign of depth. Sure, it was at the expense of give up a few more yards, but it was still deep enough to maintain the #1 seed. The last loss of the season was with Brunnell at QB and only four starters playing more than a half with most not playing at all.
    Saints Fan Since 1967

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast