Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    SaintsFan64 is offline Waterboy

Re:OFFICIAL: Pre Game / Predictions vs. Saints

Vikings are better at home then on the road. To bad for you that the game is in the Super Dome. Even with that i am a little worried our weakest OL is our left tackle. It's going to be a great game.

35 to 28 Saints

Good Luck i could be wrong it's happened a couple of times.
    None

SaintsFan64 is offline Waterboy

Double Post, sorry
    None

beequick is offline Waterboy

Saints keys for a Victory:

Offense:
    Just Protect Brees

Defense:
    Stop A.P. (Our two corners are very underrated, you should see some coverage sacks)
    Play it safe with the Special Teams
    Gay, who will get Harvin, needs to play well
    Linebackers need to fill the Gaps

Vikings keys for Victory:

Offense:
    Protect Favre to a lesser degree than the Saints need to protect Brees. (But Favre does have magic)
    O-Line needs to get 2nd level blocking for A.P.!
    Harvin needs to come through

Defense:
    Get pressure on Brees
    Stop Colston and Shockey (They will kill you and it opens everything else up for the Saints)
    Contain the run (bend don't break) and stop the pass.

Vikings. I think if you choose to stop the run, your secondary will be exposed. That is why I give the bend dont break attitude toward the run. The saints NEED to stop A.P. That is the priority. Rice is a good receiver but the Viking corps is nothing compared to the Cardinals. If the Vikes get A.P. going, it is going to be a long day for the Saints.

Good Luck!
    None

tarpley_jim is offline Waterboy

I think this might be the best match-up for the Vikings in the playoffs. The only advantage that I see for the Saints is that Antoine Winfield is out and they have a GREAT passing game, when given time.

The Saints are starting a very unproven left tackle (Jermon Bushrod), who will likely receive help against Jared Allen. That's fine, but I think that Ray Edwards or Kevin Williams can come free on the pass rush in that case.

The Saints don't have a strong front 7, while their secondary is very good. This means that pass rush will not be a huge issue and running the ball will be much easier than this game.

The Saints are weak in the middle of their Defensive Line, which is the only place that they want to run AP anymore.

Speaking of AP, since it was mentioned. The reason that he doesn't break big runs anymore is because he is being run up the middle all game. They need to try to get him in space occasionally (not in the passing game!) if they want big plays from him. He has done well enough with those runs, since you don't expect more than 3-4 yards on those carries. I expect them to get back to running him other places this weekend.
    None

AsylumGuido is offline Rookie

tarpley_jim wrote:
    I think this might be the best match-up for the Vikings in the playoffs. The only advantage that I see for the Saints is that Antoine Winfield is out and they have a GREAT passing game, when given time.

The Saints are starting a very unproven left tackle (Jermon Bushrod), who will likely receive help against Jared Allen. That's fine, but I think that Ray Edwards or Kevin Williams can come free on the pass rush in that case.

The Saints don't have a strong front 7, while their secondary is very good. This means that pass rush will not be a huge issue and running the ball will be much easier than this game.

The Saints are weak in the middle of their Defensive Line, which is the only place that they want to run AP anymore.

Speaking of AP, since it was mentioned. The reason that he doesn't break big runs anymore is because he is being run up the middle all game. They need to try to get him in space occasionally (not in the passing game!) if they want big plays from him. He has done well enough with those runs, since you don't expect more than 3-4 yards on those carries. I expect them to get back to running him other places this weekend.
    I want to take a few days to see how the matchups looks before making a prediction on the score, but I would like to address a couple of comments above.

First, you are correct that Bushrod would be the weakest link on the Saints' offensive front, but the Saints have done a very good job giving him support when healthy. They did have a problem with Demarcus Ware in the Cowboys 3-4 went both Kyle Eckel and Jeremy Shockey were out. They had to go to a twin TE set with David Thomas and Darnell Dinkins and left Bushrod out on an island. Do not expect that with a healthy roster. Allen will get chipped quite a bit.

As for the rest of the O-line, it is actually one of the best in the NFL with Pro Bowlers at RT and RG in Jon Stinchcomb and Jahri Evans (Also All Pro) and Pro Bowl backup Jonathon Goodwin at center. Carl Nicks at LG can hold his own with anyone. You will see that it is far superior to that sieve that Dallas puts out there.

On defense the front 7 is more substantial than you may think. Sedrick Ellis is a key to the run defensive on the inside, while SLB Scott Fujita, Pro Bowler Jonathon Vilma at MLB and SS Roman Harper are the keys at the second level. Over the first eight games of the season the Saints run defensive was ranked in the top five. The loss of CB's Jabari Greer and Tracey Porter and Ellis brought that to a screeching halt, however. Being forced to start rookie Malcom Jenkins and nickel Randall Gay (later injured and replaced by Mike McKenzie off the street) meant FS Sharper could not play center field and had to support coverage as he and SS Harper moved into a cover 2. This, in turn, weakened the run coverage without being able to keep eight in the box.

However, Ellis, Greer, Porter and Gay are all back at 100%. With all of these players on the field together the Saints opponents were held to only 83.4 yards per game on the ground.

A healthy Greer and Porter also opens up the blitz game. You can expect quite a bit of pressure on Favre this week.
    Saints Fan Since 1967

RK. wrote:
    A couple of observations..

When Brees is under pressure he throws the ball up for grabs.

Favre probably knows Sharper better than any QB in the NFL

If we play like we have the last two games there is no team in the NFL that can out play us.
    Actually, Brees very rarely throws them up for grabs. He was only picked off 11 times on the season and the vast majority of those were either tipped balls or half ending hail mary's.

As for Sharper, he absolutely knows Favre better than any FS in the NFL and gets to play a roaming center field.
    Saints Fan Since 1967

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

AsylumGuido wrote:
    RK. wrote:

If we play like we have the last two games there is no team in the NFL that can out play us.
    Actually, Brees very rarely throws them up for grabs. He was only picked off 11 times on the season and the vast majority of those were either tipped balls or half ending hail mary's.

As for Sharper, he absolutely knows Favre better than any FS in the NFL and gets to play a roaming center field.
    Sharper, LOL. Nice whiff he had on Hightower's TD run to start the game. How come you didn't mention that? I can't WAIT until Harvin or AD have a chance to make a move on that joke in the open-field. TOUCHDOWN, Vikings.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    RK. wrote:

Sharper, LOL. Nice whiff he had on Hightower's TD run to start the game. How come you didn't mention that? I can't WAIT until Harvin or AD have a chance to make a move on that joke in the open-field. TOUCHDOWN, Vikings.

=Z=
    I never said anything about Sharper in run support. That is Harper's job. Harvin and Peterson will have plenty to deal with at the line. After that 70 yard fluke opening the game the Cards only managed another 31 yards in 59:19 of play.
    Saints Fan Since 1967

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

AsylumGuido wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    RK. wrote:

I never said anything about Sharper in run support. That is Harper's job. Harvin and Peterson will have plenty to deal with at the line. After that 70 yard fluke opening the game the Cards only managed another 31 yards in 59:19 of play.
    Yes, no one ever seems to notice that Sharper is a whiffer. The interceptions blind people to his horrid tackling. As a Vikings' season-ticket-holder, I've watched that act over and over again during his time here. Continue to ignore it at your peril.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

If the Vikes win this game, I feel like they will win the Super Bowl.

It will be tough, just happy we made it this far... but this is the game I've wanted all season.

Vikes: 34
    Saints: 28
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast