Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re:OFFICIAL: Pre Game / Predictions vs. Saints

gagarr wrote:
    Still minimal respect from most analysts. Kick the butts of a "great hot team" and a little kudos to Favre, Rice, and a DL and lots of jawing about the final TD.

Now it Saints Saints Saints.... can't stop them! Brees isn't Romo, too many weapons, Bush is a god, etc.......

Haven't heard,
    NO's OL will have their hands full of Vikes DL
    Brees won't have 6 seconds in a 4 yard wide pocket.
    Cards D isn't the Vikes D
    Favre and company can put up points too, 2nd only to Saints
    Saints beat the NFL's Jeykell and Hyde team on a Hyde day

Nope... still no respect... oh well... I see another meaningless "In your face" TD in the future.
    I hear ya!

It looks like more Saints fodder. Like I said earlier, let us go in as under dogs. It is better that way.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Two teams that have fans that are hardened from losing. The Saints have a few playoff wins under their belt and the Vikings have one of the winningest franchises in the NFL that has never won the SB. The smack talk between fans will be more subdued for this reason, the Saints don't have much to brag about in their past and most Vikings fans don't want to dwell on the past to justify the present. The diehard Saints fans deserve respect, their team has done nothing since 1967 and they still stand by their team (even in the paper bag days). Makes for less trolls compared to a Packers or Cowboys, etc. rivalries. I expect relative silence between now and gameday with the fans that stop by being primarily people that want to talk football instead of 'your momma sucks' and that kind of crap.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Prophet wrote:
    snowinapril wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    Saints- 34

Vikes- 27
    Booo! :S
    No doubt. What's the point? So if it happens when everyone is sulking you can come on and say, "Hey, I predicted it". Fight until death.
    Hey now, give V4L some credit. He's never been one to gloat about stuff like that. I can't blame him.

I'm feeling pretty confident that we can beat em' but picking the Vikes to lose by a TD isn't all that unrealistic either.

If our front four can pull it together ON THE ROAD, which they have seemed to struggled with at times, then we should be able to knock em' dead. If not it could be a long game but who knows. I just REALLY want a 'W' on Sunday.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

V4L wrote:
    Saints- 34

Vikes- 27
    If the Vikes can score 34 pts against a real D then against a questionable Saints D, which only survives by picking off young inexperienced QB's like:

Freeman 5 INTs ROOKIE
    Stafford 3 ROOKIE
    Sanchez 3 ROOKIE on week 4
    Ryan 3 2nd year
    Henne 2 2nd year 3rd start

Yes, these are some of the AWESOME QB's the Saints have faced.

I'm not saying they won't pick off Favre, because the Saints DB's are good, but the 30 INTs don't sound so impressive now.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    snowinapril wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    Saints- 34

Vikes- 27
    Booo! :S
    No doubt. What's the point? So if it happens when everyone is sulking you can come on and say, "Hey, I predicted it". Fight until death.
    Hey now, give V4L some credit. He's never been one to gloat about stuff like that. I can't blame him.

I'm feeling pretty confident that we can beat em' but picking the Vikes to lose by a TD isn't all that unrealistic either.

If our front four can pull it together ON THE ROAD, which they have seemed to struggled with at times, then we should be able to knock em' dead. If not it could be a long game but who knows. I just REALLY want a 'W' on Sunday.
    He's a pacifist. I've been trying to get him riled up for years and you just ruined another attempt.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

gagarr wrote:
    Still minimal respect from most analysts. Kick the butts of a "great hot team" and a little kudos to Favre, Rice, and a DL and lots of jawing about the final TD.

Now it Saints Saints Saints.... can't stop them! Brees isn't Romo, too many weapons, Bush is a god, etc.......

Haven't heard,

Nope... still no respect... oh well... I see another meaningless "In your face" TD in the future.

I think that it is great that the Saints are getting all the press. It sucks as a fan not to hear your team pumped up, but I think its a positive omen.

The Vikes are and always have been a team that plays a little better when they are 'overmatched' (per analysts opinion), on the contrary our losses on the road to Carolina and Chicago were ones where we were favored and expected to show the world what we had, we laid an egg. I dont count the AZ or PIT games in this as I believe most thought these games would be close contests. We did lay an egg in the AZ game too though......

I believe our identity is better suited as a slight underdog who punches their opponent in the face, repeatedly. All week last week it was the Cowboys this, and Tony HOmo that...blah, blah, blah we smoked em.

This is a huge statement game and hopefully the dawn of a new era in Viking Football.

SKOL!!

slavinator wrote:
    gagarr wrote:

Haven't heard,

I think that it is great that the Saints are getting all the press. It sucks as a fan not to hear your team pumped up, but I think its a positive omen.

The Vikes are and always have been a team that plays a little better when they are 'overmatched' (per analysts opinion), on the contrary our losses on the road to Carolina and Chicago were ones where we were favored and expected to show the world what we had, we laid an egg. I dont count the AZ or PIT games in this as I believe most thought these games would be close contests. We did lay an egg in the AZ game too though......

I believe our identity is better suited as a slight underdog who punches their opponent in the face, repeatedly. All week last week it was the Cowboys this, and Tony HOmo that...blah, blah, blah we smoked em.

This is a huge statement game and hopefully the dawn of a new era in Viking Football.

SKOL!!
    My thoughts exactly. I hope the great victory over the CowPukes is not the focus of the week for the Vikes, the Saints are good, but can be beat, same as us. I really hope that Chilly gets this team focused on the task at hand. I think he will. Sure would be nice to get a SB Championship.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

slavinator wrote:
    gagarr wrote:

Haven't heard,

SKOL!!
    I agree underdog is always a good Vike position

The common element in the CAR, 2nd CHI, and AZ games is they were all night games after Brett's bedtime. As long as the game doesn't start too late Vikes win.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Vikings - 38

Saints - 35

If there's one thing the Saints-Buccaneers game showed us, it's that the Saint's kicker is prone to chocking.

Re: OFFICIAL: Pre Game / Predictions vs. Saints

Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    slowchild25 wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    slowchild25 wrote:
    snowinapril wrote:

We both beat our opponent by 31 points this week. I think we just beat the team that beat you guys at your house.
    I keep seeing this pop up in this thread so since we are pretending that is relevant lets go ahead and throw this out there too then:

http://www.vikings.com/schedule/game/2009/regular13/
    Was that in our house?
    Is the next game in your house?
    What does that have to do with the fact that you failed to throw it back in his face? You are beatable at home. It is very relevant.
    Yes, with a depleted starting lineup we were beatable at home. But, to date this season, no one has beaten the Saints with the entire roster in good health.
    LMFAO! Using that logic, we are undefeated.
    No one has beaten the Vikings:
    * Inside a stadium with a closed roof (9-0)
    * On unnatural grass (13-0)
    * When Favre throws 3 or more TDs (7-0)
    * When AD averages more than 4 YPC (7-0)
    * When Rice catches 2 or more TDs (3-0)
    * When Jeff Dugan scores (2-0)
    * When I am in attendance (7-0)

And on and on and on and on. Need we toss out more useless statistics?

=Z=
    Dammit Z ... we are 11-0 in a stadium with a closed roof, counting playoffs.
    None

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast