Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
    TheVike1 is offline Rookie

OFFICIAL: Pre Game / Predictions vs. Saints

Hands down IF our D plays like they did today especially up front and at LB's we WILL put a similar whoopin of NO. AP in my mind is lined up TOO DEEP in the backfield (8-9 yards this is why he is not getting to the whole quicker.... Any thoughts? I think he is going to be the BIG difference next week! One of theose 200 plus yard games against their terrible D...I don t want Sharper coming back to haunt us to prove to be the game changer...scares the hell outta me! Vikes prevail 37-17 SKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
    "It's all in God's hands" R E Lee 7/3/1863

bleedpurplengold is offline Waterboy

Re:OFFICIAL: Pre Game / Predictions vs. Saints

I totally agree he has to move up because there are holes opening up for him and about the time he hits them close just like that he's need to move up like you say i hope the coaches see it just like me and you go vikings!!!!!!
    None

bignorm84 is offline Waterboy

Re: OFFICIAL: Pre Game / Predictions vs. Saints

I'm gonna say Vikings win 38-34. Should be a fun game, don't see either D shutting down the O. Could come down to who forces FGs instead of allowing TDs

duvaldomo is offline Coach

David Duke wrote:
    I think it will be Saints 42-Vikes 21. Saints have the highest scoring defense and Brees looked hotter than ever last night. Bush did excellent as well as our recievers. It will be a great game.

David Duke
    Lol wow did we not just get through a week with a bunch of no names talking about their team is "hot."

Eldin is offline Training Camp

Momentum is meaningless. Green Bay, Dallas and San Diego were "hot." The Vikings, Saints, and Colts "stumbled" into the playoffs.

Great match-up here. 1 vs 2, both teams coming off dominant wins. Home field could be a factor. The Vikings are a mediocre 4-4 on the road, with those wins coming against the the Browns, Lions, Rams, and Packers.

I am quite sure the Vikings will not blowout the Saints like they did Dallas--especially not on the road. If there is a blowout, and there could be, it will be the other direction. If, however the Vikings keep it close and survive until the fourth quarter, I give them the edge. Favre will be a difference maker.

I think the Vikings want to avoid a shoot-out. They need to establish the run to have a chance. Brees will pick apart their defense if he has time. The Vikings secondary--heck almost any team's secondary--has little chance if Brees isn't pressured.

I want the Vikings to win so bad. They have the talent to compete with the Saints, but they'll have to bring their A game. When push comes to shove, I truly doubt they'll win, but I'm eager to be proven wrong.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

We all expected it to come to this. Saints vs. Vikings in the superdome for the NFC Championship. As we said before the playoffs, if we want to win the super bowl we'll probably have to knock off the two highest seeded teams in the NFL- the Saints and the Colts.

The Saints offense is really good. They put an ass whooping on a very good Arizona Cardinals team, one that we got crushed by late this season. Consequently, the Vikings beat an arguably better team in the Cowboys convincingly.

Just like we said this week, the home field advantage is going to be big in this.
    The matchups in this game are to die for. Saints offense vs. Vikings pass rush/defense. Coming off of a dominating performance, the ability of the vikings front 7 to get to Brees is going to be a deciding factor. The Saints rely on a short-mid range passing attack to stretch the field. Brees is fantastic at playing this type of game unfortunately. If the Vikings can tackle like they did against the Cowboys, we'll see Favre and co. on the field early and often. If not, I fear the worst for this team.

I honestly believe that the Saints defense is more of a facade than anything. Yes, they are solid but they are not a dominating defense. They force a lot of turnovers and have some huge playmakers in there like Smith, Sharper, and Vilma. They've had the benefit of playing with the lead in most games. Sharper is playing a lot of centerfield and will get a pick if the Vikings get down early and the Saints are able to force a lot of third and longs.

I don't make predictions because i'm extremely superstitious so I'll leave that for the homers and the saints trolls.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I think it will be Saints 42-Vikes 21. Saints have the highest scoring defense and Brees looked hotter than ever last night. Bush did excellent as well as our recievers. It will be a great game.

David Duke

Lol wow did we not just get through a week with a bunch of no names talking about their team is "hot."

I'll just go to bed tonight with a big bad ass smile on my face. Hopefully, after a great showing in New Orleans next week, much like we did today at home, I can do a repeat and go to bed again, with even a bigger smile on my face next week. Let them all come here and learn the hard way, we are not a push over, and we come to play and play hard. As I said before this game, every team that is still in the show is here for one reason, they are good teams who can and know how to win, when they play a good solid game. Today we did just that, against a Dallas team that really didn't show up. Next week, the better team who shows up, and wants it more, will more than likely win also. Only this time that winning team will get the cream of the cream, a trip to the Super Bowl. So lets GO VIKINGS, and bring your best of the best you can offer to the field in New Orleans. I know you can, as I'm sure so many other faithfull Vikings believe also.

GO VIKINGS!

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

There is no doubt we will get plenty of media love this week. No doubt.

I think it is going to be a tough one, but I personally like our chances. I think we can get to Brees, and that has always been the key against the Saints. Brees gets rattles, and Brees drops the ball and will throw picks.

Of course, everyone is waiting for "good ole" Brett to show up, but I don't think he is around anymore.

As for AD, I think today was actually GOOD. I know he did not get a ton of yards or whatever, but I think he ran very hard, hit the line, held the ball and was not careless. This could pose well against New Orleans. They will either stack the box to stop the run and get burned through the air, or AD will explode like we all have been waiting for.

I am calling it right now as 31-23 Vikings ... but could easily be swayed to make it closer or even talked into picking the Saints. Should be a great one.
    None

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Minny wins not talking crap, I've always thought the we have the best PASS-RUSH in the league, and it showed today.

Saints will be tough, but experience of the moment will go with the Vikings.

Last year's playoff run really is starting to help us out, in terms of understanding the importance of staying mentally tough.

-Skol

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

A couple of observations..

When Brees is under pressure he throws the ball up for grabs.

Favre probably knows Sharper better than any QB in the NFL

If we play like we have the last two games there is no team in the NFL that can out play us.

WWBGD

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast